Missmiles

Aug 12, 2018
Mary heavily hints they are in a real bad financial situation prior to kendo planning that wedding and Kendo states he spent a good chunk of his savings for the wedding. Given his reckless lifestyle has cost him a lot in the past they will soon be in the red and likely in some debt or possibly lose their home either way their happiness will not last long.
Nope, these are all implications (and from Mary, who has ample motivation to try and ensure Satoshi doesn't go after them even harder at that--unreliable narrator!), and as such can be categorized under 'wishful thinking'. What I wanted was concrete waterproof evidence.

Something like Satoshi running into Kendo and Mary at the welfare office to apply for aid after receiving that email would work. This does not.

See the difference?

ahoboman

Jun 14, 2018
Ngl adding a new guy after all the build up with Uncle feels too counterproductive. I don't bother reading the story anymore when he got introduced.
Yup. I lost interest after that drug dude came in. Story feel lost. Characters do 180's flip from their characters. Feels so force, out of place and random. Immediately didn't care and lost all interest and skip thru the end.

Reactions: OdinValgallovih
Jun 26, 2024
Nope, these are all implications (and from Mary, who has ample motivation to try and ensure Satoshi doesn't go after them even harder at that--unreliable narrator!), and as such can be categorized under 'wishful thinking'. What I wanted was concrete waterproof evidence.

Something like Satoshi running into Kendo and Mary at the welfare office to apply for aid after receiving that email would work. This does not.

See the difference?
Mary became pariah for her actions so she cant interact with the outside world and Satoshi's father made sure no business would want to associate with Kendo so they are basically living in hiding as the public wants nothing to do with either of them and would ridicule them on sight so Satoshi running into them would make no sense at all. Trust me this is the best your going to get for this game.

Missmiles

Aug 12, 2018
Mary became pariah for her actions so she cant interact with the outside world and Satoshi's father made sure no business would want to associate with Kendo so they are basically living in hiding as the public wants nothing to do with either of them and would ridicule them on sight so Satoshi running into them would make no sense at all. Trust me this is the best your going to get for this game.
Clearly you've not seen how businesses can come back from the dead. The only way to get people to stop doing business with you is if they don't profit--Kendo may have far less options and far more slammed doors than before, but he didn't lose his ability to make a living. That much is clear.

I don't deny your last point about this being as good an ending as we'll get, I'm just...expressing some regret that Mary, as far as I can see, did not suffer. She has Kendo, and they're well off enough that they can get married and send an email about it. I assure you that 'romance' loses its charm VERY quickly once the paycheck stops coming in.

MilkyWay5

Oct 11, 2020
Not a fan of the Arato ending so far, the whole "MC watches a video" trope is enticing for sure and it allows you to show both perspectives at once, but it should be used in moderation. Like if you think from mary and arato's side, why would they film everything? There's just no reason for it, it feels artificial. A mix of texts, calls ( with sounds) and several smaller videos and other small interactions from Satoshi's perspective would've been way more fun imo, and then maybe showing Mary's perspective afterwards, or layer it like with the scene where you watch it in parts like 9PM 10PM and so on, you know the one I'm talking about.

The content itself is still solid though, especially when Mary does her "evil" personality it's just delicious :love:

AtotehZ

Engaged Member
Aug 24, 2018
I'm at 15/16 corruption on the Arato route.
There's only a blue exclamation mark over Arato's Room
I can still play the bottle game. All characters have won twice.
What am I missing?

AtotehZ

Engaged Member
Aug 24, 2018
I think mostly youve read people dont like Arato. Arato is an asshole. He was also mostly a side character, but got his own route recently. The main route is much longer.

AtotehZ

Engaged Member
Aug 24, 2018
I understand. How do you rate it?
If you're a fast reader or you don't mind a slow build-up, it's great. Then I'd rate it 7-8 of 10.
If you're a slow reader and want action right away you'll get bored before all the action happens.
The BF, Satoshi, is a stick in the mud and hypocritical most of the time, so it's hard to sympathize with him, even if you don't like NTR.
There's a gallery where you can repeat scenes, including most of the build-up to them. I can't recommend unlocking all scenes as the scenes would have no meaning then.
Sorry for the late reply, I've been at the gym the last 2h.

Reactions: No Try Studios

ahoboman

Jun 14, 2018
I think mostly youve read people dont like Arato. Arato is an asshole. He was also mostly a side character, but got his own route recently. The main route is much longer.
It is not the dislike for Arato. It is the force shoe horn of adding him in when there is not needed. If Arato had his own game, or this game was originally about him, or he was introduce at the very start and build up as the second antagonist, then it makes sense. But Arato appear like in the third chapter, and all of the sudden get a bunch of love from the DEV and force his back story into the series. It is like the DEV got bored with the original main plot, decided to just put him there and completely ruined the original three main characters. Maybe a self insert? I don't know? But just feels out of place, and kills the original plot of Kendo being King.

Arato do not feel like a side character because he is treated like a main character. All this back stories. So much scene with Mary. Now he even gets scene with some of the side girls. He has more scene than Erina, a character from the very start. He even has more scene then the MC ! Its just annoying because the DEV spend so much time and resources investing on Arato where everyone wants the original three, MC, main girl and Kendo, with the side girls are there to to distract. Like they even tried to get rid of the uncle? The uncle is suppose to be the main character and there is the option to get rid of him? Like why?

ahoboman

Jun 14, 2018
At last...

First, Kendo got accused of being my self-insert, all those months ago...

And now, Arato is being described as my self-insert...

The cycle is complete.
I did say maybe. But hey if its not a self insert then its all good. But why shoe horn that Arato guy. Why not just create an entire new sage base on him?

partypillager

Dec 3, 2021
Can you leave the dev the fuck alone lmao.... make your own game if you want to customize the storyline. There is a whole route devoted to specifically the uncle if you don't want Arato content.

Reactions: Misu7562
4.00 star(s) 65 Votes