QSP Abandoned The Last Guardian [v0.3] [Cerberos87]

1.50 star(s) 2 Votes

Xorgroth

Modder
Oct 12, 2017
Oh new version, I can play around with it and it's the dev's first game people. Not like I expect a masterpiece but they learning which is good. So I'll keep watching the game and it progresses.

Murakami2099

Aug 27, 2018
Initial impressions:
  • QSP seems very awkward. I don't know if it makes development easier but it's not very attractive to the player.
  • The images are too big. Constantly scrolling is not fun. The main window on the left needs to scale so things fit the screen the game is on.
  • There is nothing to let you know what is going on or any hint as to what you should do. It's basically clicking around randomly trying to get something to happen. It can take hundreds of clicks to get anything to happen. 99% of clicks are just "no one here" or "go back" or "there is nobody here". I realize this is an early version, but if there is nothing to do, the location shouldn't be on yet. The city alone has around 30 locations none of which do anything until you start getting keys. They should just not be an option until they do something.
  • Multiple locations just don't work for no given reason (for example the kitchen does nothing at times). If the location is disabled, it shouldn't even be an option, otherwise it looks like the game is broken.
  • The story is next to nonexistent, and also out of order (for example talking about spells or quitting work before even introducing magic or characters or even giving the MC any reason for doing anything). Again, maybe due to early version but it's so underdeveloped there is no reason for anything or any sense whatsoever.
  • "I should be in another place" is not a valid way to guide the player around, as there is no information on where you should be.
  • You spend a lot of time clicking on everything and finding nothing but "talk" and "flirt" with a few pictures. There doesn't seem to be anything actually here yet, or if there is the complete lack of any story or information on what to do makes progress impossible except by pure luck and beating on the program till something happens. Eventually some stuff seems to happen for no apparent reason (maybe just time?). If the player hasn't abandoned the game already due to feeling there is nothing to do. This then kicks in again later where nothing you do leads to anything new happening (one option just advances a counter, the other tells you something isn't high enough yet to use it).
  • The gameplay currently consists of just clicking to raise a numerical counter to a set value before you can proceed. This is not a good way to do this. Have the story drive the progression with minimal clicks, otherwise the game is just "click till you win".
  • You wake up at 0:00 but nothing can happen normally before 7:00. So you just click a bunch to advance the timer to a useful place. If nothing can happen early, you shouldn't wake up early. There is the alarm clock function but there should be a default, especially since at no point are you told to use it.
I am not sure you should have released it so early. It's so unfinished as to be almost pointless for others to look at. I am not saying it's bad, just too early to really be showing to the public. There needs to be some amount of cohesion; right now it's very hard to tell anything about this because it's underdeveloped.

BadWarThunder

May 9, 2020
What is wrong with this fucking game? I talked and flirted with the mom to over 100 and lust is 300 and she still won't give me the key.

konabwo

Engaged Member
Sep 19, 2020
cannot get a key from mom to get to gina hm - k it was m cheating stats. too bad it affects quest cchains
is it de-facto abandoned ? dunno, maybe to wait until it is polished
id need somee -1h timeskipping button caz i spent those 8-12pm visitation hours tryring to find the house i need ;}

Last edited:

fried

Almost
Donor
Nov 11, 2017
Last sign of activity from the Dev was over one year ago.

Marked as Abandoned.

• Sad
Reactions: 9inchz
1.50 star(s) 2 Votes