qqwftw

Feb 27, 2018
Oh, it's possible to win... took me about 30 attempts but I did it. Problem is, in order to get to that problematic fight you need to win two previous and go through a medium size conversation. I figured out how to do it, it was just having RNG gods on my side to pull it off.

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Fulminato

Oct 17, 2017
So far how much of the game is complete? 60%?
the next update (a small one) will be the last in chapter 4, and the game chapters will be 5, so we are roughly neare the 80%, but each chapter is longer of the previous one (the first is very, very small) so perhaps near the 70-75%

RickJencans

Mar 11, 2019
According to the author as per a patreon post I'll link below, the 3rd chapter was intended to be the longest of the five full chapters. There is also supposed to be an epilogue, as well as post-game content that allows you to explore the world you have created through your actions. Not sure what Sierra would say, but I reckon the game is probably about halfway done judging from that gameplan. Maybe even less, depending on how fleshed out that post-game sandbox is going to be in relation to the main storyline.

This post from a while back gives an outline of what the author intends to do.

On that note, anyone have the newest version yet? Or are folks waiting to upload here until it's public?

Jun 13, 2018
the next update (a small one) will be the last in chapter 4, and the game chapters will be 5, so we are roughly neare the 80%, but each chapter is longer of the previous one (the first is very, very small) so perhaps near the 70-75%
According to the author as per a patreon post I'll link below, the 3rd chapter was intended to be the longest of the five full chapters. There is also supposed to be an epilogue, as well as post-game content that allows you to explore the world you have created through your actions. Not sure what Sierra would say, but I reckon the game is probably about halfway done judging from that gameplan. Maybe even less, depending on how fleshed out that post-game sandbox is going to be in relation to the main storyline.

This post from a while back gives an outline of what the author intends to do.

On that note, anyone have the newest version yet? Or are folks waiting to upload here until it's public?
Edit : Wow, so it's almost done, I really should have expected that, since it has been more than a few years since TLS was created. But can SL really be able to cram all of it in chapter 5? I mean there's still stuff that hasn't been explained yet like the demons/abominations circulating in the Tower, the divine beings, gods, origin/history/purpose of the both the divine and incubus king shard(I forgot the actual name XD). Arclent technically isn't united yet, and there is still the other continent that he spoken in game but hasn't touched yet. I would thought it would take around 3-4 more chapters before it is done. IMHO.

Last edited:

Avaron1974

Resident Lesbian
Aug 22, 2018
But can SL really be able to cram all of it in chapter 5?
That's always been my argument.

There is simply too much left for it to be only 1 more chapter unless some stuff is completely rushed and/or skipped over. At best i'd say it's half way done, there is no way it's 80% with how many loose threads there are.

Zaiaku

Jul 1, 2017
That's always been my argument.

There is simply too much left for it to be only 1 more chapter unless some stuff is completely rushed and/or skipped over. At best i'd say it's half way done, there is no way it's 80% with how many loose threads there are.
It depends on how those loose threads get solved. Don't forget this is a deconstruction of Eastern RPGs in general. You aren't some chosen hero by the gods, or some lucky shmuck that was able to stumble on to a conspiracy following the destruction of your small village. You are an old soldier who realize that the whole Chosen thing was garbage and thus set out to help the world using Realpolitik. Those loose threads could be solved in a diplomatic solution without a gigantic clash of destiny.

Reactions: Reij

Waxer

Sep 11, 2017
I trust SL. She's shown so far that she's got the whole story planned out every step of the way. If she says one more chapter then it'll be one more chapter. And I trust it will be a damn perfect chapter at that. I doubt she'll just cram a bunch of shit together and say LOL IVALA WAS MESTAN OR WHATEVER PEACE IM DONE. She isn't GOT.

Reactions: Reij
Jun 13, 2018
It depends on how those loose threads get solved. Don't forget this is a deconstruction of Eastern RPGs in general. You aren't some chosen hero by the gods, or some lucky shmuck that was able to stumble on to a conspiracy following the destruction of your small village. You are an old soldier who realize that the whole Chosen thing was garbage and thus set out to help the world using Realpolitik. Those loose threads could be solved in a diplomatic solution without a gigantic clash of destiny.
That there is what I mean. Those are the loose threads I'm talking about. I've already know what you meant to say, it is because he is just some old man with an iron clad will made of huge titanium balls and the paranoia of believing every shadow he walked passed by has ears on it. With the situation like the Incubus Kings happening around at the same time and you get someone who wants to make sure he has a say in everything there is that can affect a country/city/continent, lurked around the shadows waiting for the opportunity to strike against his enemies, willing to do anything and everything to maintain the status quo, and gathering information from everything for anything like its going out of style. It's because of information that Simon can also do something he doesn't usually do, like fuck shit up, if it means it will work to his favor and could get benefits in the long run.

Jan 10, 2019
I trust SL. She's shown so far that she's got the whole story planned out every step of the way. If she says one more chapter then it'll be one more chapter. And I trust it will be a damn perfect chapter at that. I doubt she'll just cram a bunch of shit together and say LOL IVALA WAS MESTAN OR WHATEVER PEACE IM DONE. She isn't GOT.
I thought Mestan was meant to be your typical edgelord who probably would have served as a protagonist if this game still followed the standard plot-twists of RPG's.

Jun 13, 2018
I trust SL too, but with too little information to what I said above, unless he can put every possible detail, history, politics, information, origins, plots, backstabbing, misinformations, ideas, transaction, and deals in a - what? probably a 5-10 hours worth of chapter - I don't know how SL will be able to do that. Unless she makes a TLS 2, which makes a lot more sense if SL is pushing on finishing TLS in the 5th chapter, but that's just IMHO. And wishful thinking.

Edit : I know, I didn't see the typo, thanks for that.

Last edited:

Avaron1974

Resident Lesbian
Aug 22, 2018
I trust SL too, but with too little information to what I said above, unless he can put every possible detail, history, politics, information, origins, plots, backstabbing, misinformations, ideas, transaction, and deals in a - what? probably a 5-10 hours worth of chapter - I don't know how SL will be able to do that. Unless he makes a TLS 2, which makes a lot more sense if SL is pushing on finishing TLS in the 5th chapter, but that's just IMHO. And wishful thinking.
Minor detail but SL is female.

Fulminato

Oct 17, 2017
Does saves typically carry over between versions? I would hate to start over.
yes, keep a save in the "green map", because any retroattive changes are handles in the script running from this map in later update.

Reactions: vodel
Jun 13, 2018
Does saves typically carry over between versions? I would hate to start over.
Not really but you can just copy your save file and paste it to the newer version. Your save file is easily located on the Game Folder and is usually called save#.rvdata2 which the # sign is obviously where the save file is located on in game on which case is usually save01.rvdata2

Reactions: vodel
4.40 star(s) 174 Votes