Gomly1980

Forum Fanatic
Jul 4, 2017
I think you are forgotting one thing in the war if we get a lot of damage in the city some part can't be fixed like when we got support in one place in Yhilin it was like a bar that support the queen I got a lot of damage done and it was completely destroyed cant be fixed.Then I played all over with cheats 0 damage and the place survived so yeah a lot of damage will have consequences.
I haven't forgot that.

The difference is I cared about Yhilin and what happened to it afterwards, I don't care about Aram.

I don't think it's people are bad but they were looking for war with me to take advantage of Yhilin during the aftermath of the coup for their own gain so i've got no qualms about ruining them.

I'll make sure what can be rebuilt is but I have no interest in taking over Aram, someone else can pick up those pieces. I want them out of the way so the Dwarves can be free after all the repression they suffer under Aram.

Fulminato

Oct 17, 2017
I'm new at this game and what I'm going to ask will be stupid but just want to know
When Simon and his wife were sharing a partner were those only women or even man?
some time was a man, not many because isn't in the 'cup of tea' of simon, so they usualy share the bed with another woman (source sierra in some old parteon post). there is a 'trace' of it in the dialogue with phylon ambassador in the orgasmic empire palace.

Speaking of the succession matter, you guys think Farnan will stick to his promise (withdraw)? i decided to suppport his business operation hoping i could get some cut on his profits in the future :p (i left a save before anyway, just in case he decides to backstab).
I raised Ignias chances, and left Kalant with the Order of Silence.
propose kalant in the OoS is a plus for his position, a knighthood from a respected knightly order is a big plus, and kalant is a war hero (a true hero, he saved a lot of civilians).
for farnan with enough 'grip' over him he send a servant to help the aram team to perform the ritual, so yes, i think he can be a good ally.

Nope.

She admitted to Simon she can't destroy them so she's only put it somewhere she "thinks" is safe. Now imagine if the Fucklord breaks her, which he probably will, and that gives him another shard.
she think to had find a place to destroy a shard for good (someplace very deep in the tower i suspect), but simon argue if the shard can realy destroied the number of IKs should reduce over time, and we/she don't have any proof in that direction, so probably you can ban the shard for some time, after that the shard coalescence again in the tower, and perhaps can find his way in the reality. if this theory is true "destroy" a shard is the wrost thing to do, because the next IK will be the first will find the shard, can be a moron or a genius, a good person o the wrost shit in the planet.

Waxer

Sep 11, 2017
]

she think to had find a place to destroy a shard for good (someplace very deep in the tower i suspect), but simon argue if the shard can realy destroied the number of IKs should reduce over time, and we/she don't have any proof in that direction, so probably you can ban the shard for some time, after that the shard coalescence again in the tower, and perhaps can find his way in the reality. if this theory is true "destroy" a shard is the wrost thing to do, because the next IK will be the first will find the shard, can be a moron or a genius, a good person o the wrost shit in the planet.
Ginasta's methods are still vague, for all we know she could just have hidden them away, banished them for a time, unmade them, or turned them into Popsicles. If she really is unmaking them then I say that she has the right idea for as much good as someone like Simon can do the capacity for evil from them is to great. There is the huge danger if she is just sending them somewhere else in the world , but Simon/Ginasta acknowledged that perhaps the random shards formation is just a natural part of the world and we can never stop random individuals from getting to them no matter how many are either absorbed or destroyed. We really do not know how most shards are found, some have been found in the tower but I doubt Skullcrusher, the fucklord, or incubus king found their shards there. Where did they come from, did they just stumble upon them, did an unknown force give it to them?

Fulminato

Oct 17, 2017
Ginasta's methods are still vague, for all we know she could just have hidden them away, banished them for a time, unmade them, or turned them into Popsicles. If she really is unmaking them then I say that she has the right idea for as much good as someone like Simon can do the capacity for evil from them is to great. There is the huge danger if she is just sending them somewhere else in the world , but Simon/Ginasta acknowledged that perhaps the random shards formation is just a natural part of the world and we can never stop random individuals from getting to them no matter how many are either absorbed or destroyed. We really do not know how most shards are found, some have been found in the tower but I doubt Skullcrusher, the fucklord, or incubus king found their shards there. Where did they come from, did they just stumble upon them, did an unknown force give it to them?
G:"I beg you, please... let me destroy it!"
S:"Can that be done?"
G:"Yes. There is... a place where it is possible. I seek to take every shard there and destroy it forever."
G:"If you will let me do this... I will believe that you are different. Just let me destroy his shard, and I will leave you alone."

she think the shard can be destroy for good, but the plan is too risky. and in the end a foolish one.

S:"Please hear my reasoning."
S:"If shards could be permanently destroyed, then their numbers should be dwindling over history... do you have any evidence of that?"
G:"...no."
S:"Likewise, most new Incubus Kings seem to find their shards, not receive them from killing another. Where are they coming from?"
G:"Perhaps they continually arise from the world itself. But if so, I will keep destroying them!"

the power isn't infnite, there are a finite amount of soul shards in the world (realty+tower+anything else), and someone will find it and use his power. like yarra say to ginasta during her prison time "I'm serious! Somebody is always going to be in charge, so it's just a matter of it being the right person!" and if the plan of ginasta is fight against the weather way better simon's plan. (even the anak's one if his word on balance the world is true).

but in the equation there are at least three factor needed to be take in consideration.

1) alonon is powerful and his understanding of the 'fabric' of the world is one of the most advanced.
A:"If you understood, you'd see that it doesn't matter. We may have free will, but that free will is a joke."
A:"Tell me: how many women have been regrettably corrupted near you, leaving you with no choice but to embrace them?"
S:"I... I wondered if the shard was manipulating events, but..."
A:"No!"
A:"The shard is nothing but a symptom! It isn't responsible! When you look at what actually IS, you see..."
A:"..."
A:"You see that none of it matters."

the shard are only a facet of something more complex, something we know nothing, and i find difficult think of ginasta knowing more.

2) we still don't know how the goddess are related of this structure, why they are become active only in the recent time, and they are focused on arclent. even the anak had gloss the whole question in his dialogue with simon.

3) robo-varia talking with ginasta had some interesting line.
G:"I won't let you distract me! My destiny is to slay tyrants!"
V:"Why?"
G:"What kind of question is that? It's a figure of speech..."
V:"We have recently learned that destiny is a real force in our world. One that troubles me the more I think of it."
V:"Consider your life. The power you have found and the goals that have driven you. Do they strike you as completely natural?"
G:"Ridiculous. What do such metaphysics matter? I live to slay tyrants because it is right. That's all that matters."
V:"But are the visible tyrants the true enemy? What if you're obeying the will of a greater master?"
G:"I..."

another example of ginasta short-view.

Waxer

Sep 11, 2017
G:"I beg you, please... let me destroy it!"
S:"Can that be done?"
G:"Yes. There is... a place where it is possible. I seek to take every shard there and destroy it forever."
G:"If you will let me do this... I will believe that you are different. Just let me destroy his shard, and I will leave you alone."

she think the shard can be destroy for good, but the plan is too risky. and in the end a foolish one.

S:"If shards could be permanently destroyed, then their numbers should be dwindling over history... do you have any evidence of that?"
S:"Likewise, most new Incubus Kings seem to find their shards, not receive them from killing another. Where are they coming from?"
G:"Perhaps they continually arise from the world itself. But if so, I will keep destroying them!"

the power isn't infnite, there are a finite amount of soul shards in the world (realty+tower+anything else), and someone will find it and use his power. like yarra say to ginasta during her prison time "I'm serious! Somebody is always going to be in charge, so it's just a matter of it being the right person!" and if the plan of ginasta is fight against the weather way better simon's plan. (even the anak's one if his word on balance the world is true).

but in the equation there are at least three factor needed to be take in consideration.

1) alonon is powerful and his understanding of the 'fabric' of the world is one of the most advanced.
A:"If you understood, you'd see that it doesn't matter. We may have free will, but that free will is a joke."
A:"Tell me: how many women have been regrettably corrupted near you, leaving you with no choice but to embrace them?"
S:"I... I wondered if the shard was manipulating events, but..."
A:"No!"
A:"The shard is nothing but a symptom! It isn't responsible! When you look at what actually IS, you see..."
A:"..."
A:"You see that none of it matters."

the shard are only a facet of something more complex, something we know nothing, and i find difficult think of ginasta knowing more.

2) we still don't know how the goddess are related of this structure, why they are become active only in the recent time, and they are focused on arclent. even the anak had gloss the whole question in his dialogue with simon.

3) robo-varia talking with ginasta had some interesting line.
G:"I won't let you distract me! My destiny is to slay tyrants!"
V:"Why?"
G:"What kind of question is that? It's a figure of speech..."
V:"We have recently learned that destiny is a real force in our world. One that troubles me the more I think of it."
V:"Consider your life. The power you have found and the goals that have driven you. Do they strike you as completely natural?"
G:"Ridiculous. What do such metaphysics matter? I live to slay tyrants because it is right. That's all that matters."
V:"But are the visible tyrants the true enemy? What if you're obeying the will of a greater master?"
G:"I..."

another example of ginasta short-view.
You make a lot of good points, and I am not trying to say Ginasta is perfect or her philosophy flawless just that certain parts have merit and the BEST solution in my mind if her and Simon's philosophy found a healthy mix. (and not Ginasta gets raped by Fucklord and cries her way over to Simon to throw off her solo ways to be in his harem as some people are hoping for...) But more at hand I have to question your reaction to

You took from that the shards are finite, I saw the opposite. If there were a limited number in the world then by now most should have been either destroyed, absorbed, or lost. Instead there always seems to be a rough handful of kings throughout the ages. Simon remarked that most new kings do not get a shard from slaying an old, they get it from somewhere else.

That's why I agree with Ginasta that at the very least SOME of the shards need to keep being destroyed. Without it more and more incubus power will be put in the world.

• Angry
Reactions: GTK/HLK

Gomly1980

Forum Fanatic
Jul 4, 2017
Yand not Ginasta gets raped by Fucklord and cries her way over to Simon to throw off her solo ways to be in his harem as some people are hoping for...
That's not what I want at all.

I want the exact opposite of that. I want her as far away from the harem as possible.

I want less Ginasta, not more. It's one of the reasons I didn't like this last update. Sierra completely ruined one character I was interested in learning more about with Sabitha yet gave us more of this complete numpty.

Those roles should have been reversed.

Ripe

Jun 30, 2017

You took from that the shards are finite, I saw the opposite. If there were a limited number in the world then by now most should have been either destroyed, absorbed, or lost. Instead there always seems to be a rough handful of kings throughout the ages. Simon remarked that most new kings do not get a shard from slaying an old, they get it from somewhere else.

That's why I agree with Ginasta that at the very least SOME of the shards need to keep being destroyed. Without it more and more incubus power will be put in the world.
My take on that is that while there is a finite number of shards, they also cannot be permanently destroyed.

They may be destroyed only temporarily, but after some period of time (could be minutes, could be years) destroyed shard will reform somewhere else whether inside the Tower or outside in real world. Which makes Ginasta's plan of destroying the shards rather shortsighted if not foolish.

Reactions: GTK/HLK

Ripe

Jun 30, 2017

I want the exact opposite of that. I want her as far away from the harem as possible.

I want less Ginasta, not more. It's one of the reasons I didn't like this last update. Sierra completely ruined one character I was interested in learning more about with Sabitha yet gave us more of this complete numpty.

Yeah, Sierra might have ruined Sabitha but her fate is actually rather in-line with what you can expect from Fucklord. He knows Sabitha wants to destroy him and he saw Incubus King/Emperor brought down by his disgruntled subjects. That is why he moved away from using Succubi and/or Orcs and formed his "Virgin Slut Army" that he can magically bound to himself. Which is also why he decided to break Sabitha and make her loyal to himself... but I'm not sure the end result is what he had in mind.

mesoru

Sep 22, 2017
(and not Ginasta gets raped by Fucklord and cries her way over to Simon to throw off her solo ways to be in his harem as some people are hoping for...)
I hope this b8 was not directed toward me, because if it is, i must clarify i couldn't care less if she will be in the harem or not (preferably not), since i find her whole character damn annoying.
"Virgin Slut Army"
Say what you want about the Fucklord, but he has some pretty funny ideas. XD
It was pretty dumb to mindbreak the demon that way though. Also quite a waste the way he treats the erosian orcs, they seem very useful.

Ripe

Jun 30, 2017
I think sierra just burned us all see this in the own page

You will return to Aram and Eustrin in this chapter and get a chance to advance some of those plotlines. I won't reveal too much, but let me say that while I like messing with player expectations, I'm not cruel for cruelty's sake. You'll enjoy the developments, I think.

I'm aware of F95 and I know that there are a lot of people there who truly enjoy the game. But I'm not really comfortable interacting with people there.

Everything was good but that last part ouch
I'm not sure... but I saw in that thread that you mention Wiki not being updated. That is the standard practice since content updates go up only after Public release.

Hung Gen

Sep 16, 2017
I think sierra just burned us all see this in the own page

You will return to Aram and Eustrin in this chapter and get a chance to advance some of those plotlines. I won't reveal too much, but let me say that while I like messing with player expectations, I'm not cruel for cruelty's sake. You'll enjoy the developments, I think.

I'm aware of F95 and I know that there are a lot of people there who truly enjoy the game. But I'm not really comfortable interacting with people there.

Everything was good but that last part ouch
I'm not upset. I actually wanted to finish up Eustrin/Aram before going after Fucklord. Seeing as there's so many varied types of personalities( some are also from the wiki site), its more than reasonable to not want to interact here. Some developers have gotten a harsher treatment than they should have gotten from here.

Gomly1980

Forum Fanatic
Jul 4, 2017
Doesn't bother me whether she comes here or not. I enjoy her work and every so often i'll throw some money at her patreon for a couple of months.

At the end of the day this is a piracy site and she doesn't exactly need tha publicity which is all that can be offered here. She has games on Steam and makes a decent amount to make a living.

While a lot of folk here are quite respectful when dealing with others there are some that hurl abuse.

I see why she wouldn't want to come here even though most of you are decent folk.

Ripe

Jun 30, 2017
And in the end for games like these that get support from fans need to listen more to fans if they want to survive and make some money but not always listening to fans is good
I've seen a lot of games that got ruined because developer decided to listen to fans and give them what they want instead of following his/hers own imagination and his/hers own plan. Even worse, I've seen games that end up being abandoned because in following fans ideas developer lost interest in their own game.

Sierra have a plan and is sticking to it which is why this game is still going strong after 3+ years of development... not to mention that getting nearly $5.5k a month for producing a text only game is really good (and let us not forget she also gets probably half of Hreinn games $7.3k a month!).

Fulminato

Oct 17, 2017

don't think sabitha's mind is ruined beyond repair. she is a demon, even her human "form" is a imposition of the fucklord and anak's right hand had nudge simon in seeking "demonic assistant"
We know the drive of simon in restoring the thing iter IKs destroy.

mesoru

Sep 22, 2017
Did any of you make the 1000k investments for now? don't know how many updates will be till the decisive battle against the Fucklord, but it seems impossible to do everything (without at least losing some advantages, like tower upgrades, tyna support, etc). And these seem to be the most important, like airship fleet, succubus hideout, givini mage guild, orc democracy, war monument, tarrankan housing, givini tunnels.
These Fucklord invasions caught me by surprise, without investing in any of the high priced stuff. Will probably do airship fleet next, since it seems quite important. o_O
If i have time, will do givini mage guild (hoping help in the war) and succubus hideout (800k actually, but i have a feeling they will be invaded or be important).

mesoru

Sep 22, 2017
If you have a save lets say the start of chapter better to start that at least for me
For me Sierra needs to fix the investment we get so little money and a lot of investment are way too high 1000k to 1500k.WAY TOO MUCH
Luckily, i have a save before every timeskip (learned my lesson after my poor performance during third arclent war).
But i agree with you, the prices looks unbalanced for the amount of time. Guess i will have to wait and see if in case you are unable to do all these investments, the game will punish you heavily.

mesoru

Sep 22, 2017
In the end this is just a game and for me much better to spend time on the real world and not that much on games
I know what you mean and can see your point, since i only played the last version recently after VERY long break due to life stuff. But i only guiltlessly use cheats for games that like to abuse mindless tasks (like LoQO for example).
In the TLS case i still do not see reason to use cheats, because i'm not being unable to progress through the game (even if i made some poor decisions) or getting ultra bored, so it's alright for now. Not to mention this way you can see if the game difficulty is being properly designed.

EDIT: Damn, there's another 500k investment after airship 1000k? that's killer, man.

Waxer

Sep 11, 2017
Did any of you make the 1000k investments for now? don't know how many updates will be till the decisive battle against the Fucklord, but it seems impossible to do everything (without at least losing some advantages, like tower upgrades, tyna support, etc). And these seem to be the most important, like airship fleet, succubus hideout, givini mage guild, orc democracy, war monument, tarrankan housing, givini tunnels.
These Fucklord invasions caught me by surprise, without investing in any of the high priced stuff. Will probably do airship fleet next, since it seems quite important. o_O
If i have time, will do givini mage guild (hoping help in the war) and succubus hideout (800k actually, but i have a feeling they will be invaded or be important).
I used the 1,000,000 investment to get orc housing to raise my score to get enough votes in the voting in order to get sho and getting orcent a shiny new club. Honestly on my next reply I will probably research Orc Diversification first, I can still get a decent anak score without defense research (and just lose two potions) Where researching orcs will give you one vote and more importantly take away a negative vote, which is worth 4 positive votes.

Ripe

Jun 30, 2017
At the start of chapter 4 i did the airship 1000k.
Then we need to wait 2 timeskips to get the 500k
You don't need to wait 2 timeskips... you just can't invest in Airships and Militarize them during same investment round. As long as you invested in Airships before dealing with Ardan Succession Crisis you'll be able to Militarize them once you resolve the Crisis.

mesoru

Sep 22, 2017
I used the 1,000,000 investment to get orc housing to raise my score to get enough votes in the voting in order to get sho and getting orcent a shiny new club. Honestly on my next reply I will probably research Orc Diversification first, I can still get a decent anak score without defense research (and just lose two potions) Where researching orcs will give you one vote and more importantly take away a negative vote, which is worth 4 positive votes.
I only managed to acquire Sho to the HQ staff after investing in the Imp Offices, Hall of Mental Strength and Orc Pools, never got the Club though. Tarrankan Housing wasn't doing for me, it may also be because i didn't invest 500k in Tak'Kan Trade (didn't have enough ProN att). Honestly, i only did these investments out of necessity, because i'm still in need of more ProN influx. :teary:
For the research i rushed the HQ defenses and am doing Unpeople Transformation atm. But maybe i will load an old save to see how the Orc Diversification contributes to the voting and maybe reducing my ProN expenses.

4.50 star(s) 186 Votes