Gomly1980

Forum Fanatic
Jul 4, 2017
You won't find many games as in depth as this one. Even Sierra's other games aren't close to this.

Plenty of RPG's though.

Hung Gen

Sep 16, 2017
There's still Noxian Nights, Ouroboros from SL and the overlooked Overwhored by Cypress Zeta. The Legend of Versyl has a haremlike grouping. Conquest of Nibirion is still in prologue, not much to it. The Eldrid Saga, but it seems to be missing some sidequests. Gates, if you like mystery.

mesoru

Sep 22, 2017
To be fair with @sora21345, there are 3 sections of the game that are almost guaranteed to caught you off guard with the high difficult spike (i know they did for me): house of spiders in stineford (high damage and multiple attacks for your still low level party members), port of monsters in ardford (high amount of debuffs and even mana stealing), bloody spire trials (if you don't know each orc weakness and don't have enough orc potions). Besides these parts, the rest of the game is pretty chill imo, each party member is damn useful (especially varia), except for altina maybe, who really needs a revision, due to being the weakest mage and quite redundant atm.

Gomly1980

Forum Fanatic
Jul 4, 2017
Altina probably has the strongest AOE magic, no idea why you say she's weak. When she gets her earth AOE she can pretty much one shot groups of mobs.

Reactions: 3dtab7

mesoru

Sep 22, 2017
I said she is the WEAKEST mage, not the she's weak.
Riala also has AoE magic, and even sexual magic on top of that.
And Quake consumes way too much mana, making it not very resourceful for multiple mob fights.

Ripe

Jun 30, 2017
To be fair with @sora21345, there are 3 sections of the game that are almost guaranteed to caught you off guard with the high difficult spike (i know they did for me): house of spiders in stineford (high damage and multiple attacks for your still low level party members), port of monsters in ardford (high amount of debuffs and even mana stealing), bloody spire trials (if you don't know each orc weakness and don't have enough orc potions). Besides these parts, the rest of the game is pretty chill imo, each party member is damn useful (especially varia), except for altina maybe, who really needs a revision, due to being the weakest mage and quite redundant atm.
Yeah, those three can be difficult fights... but two of those are completely optional and one (Bloody Spire) give you varied reward based on how far you get so it should be a bit harder.

Altina is quite decent with quite powerful AoE spells... sure she could use a bit more mana and her AoE's cost a lot (especially Quake) but Amulet of Alchemy makes it a bit more usable. She could benefit from a synergy skill or two. And of course, we still need to get her her own personal item.

Reactions: mesoru

Fulminato

Oct 17, 2017
She could benefit from a synergy skill or two. And of course, we still need to get her her own personal item.
one is alredy implemented, but unobtainable. (with the RP of this release altina can hit 100 and unlock it)
altina+robin earth lance.

the bigger problem with altina is the fact one can miss (or lose) her, and this block any involvment in heavy stuff

Ripe

Jun 30, 2017
when we are talking about personal weapon did i do them all?
I did Robin,Aka,Hilstara,Varia.
Did i miss some other personal weapon?
And i also did Hilstara upgrade of the helm
Yeah, those are all available at the moment... you should have also collected wood for off-hand wand Altina asked while at elven lands during Chapter 3.

Yarra and Qum (once she figures out what she want) will be the others who get unique personal items at some point...

Fulminato

Oct 17, 2017
Yeah, those are all available at the moment... you should have also collected wood for off-hand wand Altina asked while at elven lands during Chapter 3.

Yarra and Qum (once she figures out what she want) will be the others who get unique personal items at some point...
aka dagger will get an upgrade in the future.

Edvin

Jun 3, 2017
I said she is the WEAKEST mage, not the she's weak.
Riala also has AoE magic, and even sexual magic on top of that.
And Quake consumes way too much mana, making it not very resourceful for multiple mob fights.
The weakest mage? Are you kidding me?
She is MUCH better mage than Robin and Riala.

I dont use mages too much (no defensive skills and can be way to easily killed) but occasionally I use Altina, because her AoE spells are only thing, which can reliably destroy large groups of enemies. Robin have better single target spells, but good rogue is almost always better single damager. Riala can offer greater variety of spells, but she has nothing even nearly as great as earthquakes.

And apart from all this, she'll have Dildo staff !

mesoru

Sep 22, 2017
Robin have better single target spells, but good rogue is almost always better single damager. Riala can offer greater variety of spells, but she has nothing even nearly as great as earthquakes.
I always use Robin, because it is certain in a battle there will be at least one enemy with elemental weakness and her heavy hit single target spells are very useful against bulky enemies.
And while i agree with you that rogues are better single damagers, i find Varia and Nalili better at AoE than Altina, taking into account their damage, multi-hit skills and less mana cost.
Needless to say i dislike earthquakes, given the amount of mana it costs. So yes, i prefer Riala much more.

Edvin

Jun 3, 2017
Earthquake is not something what you'll be cast every round.
Earthquake is the ultimate destruction spell intended only if you are seriously outnumbered.
Too mana expensive for normal use.

Altina is highly specialized magician good only for fighting with a large number of powerful enemies.

Anyway, my default party is Aka + Varia + Qum D'umpe.
If the enemy hit very hard, I swap Aka for Histara.
If the enemy has a very large group, I swap Aka for Altina.

I personally think that there is no need to use mages (except for a few exceptions, where you have to face a very large number of enemies). Rogues are simply better and debuffs from Aka are stacking, so can reduce enemy attack or armor almost to zero.

Fulminato

Oct 17, 2017
The weakest mage? Are you kidding me?
She is MUCH better mage than Robin and Riala.
robin lance can done a decent amount of damage even vs enemy with high MDF, altina single target dmg is mediocre at best. and usualy there is one enemy way more dangerous of the other, robin can blast it and make the fight easy.
altina is good for poison, against enemy with to much HP is a godsend.

And apart from all this, she'll have Dildo staff !
not in my game (and remember the 'demography' made some time ago, not in many games)

I personally think that there is no need to use mages (except for a few exceptions, where you have to face a very large number of enemies). Rogues are simply better and debuffs from Aka are stacking, so can reduce enemy attack or armor almost to zero.
i don't used robin only in the 'holy tower's place' if i can use her. for the whole game. a couple of lance and near all enemy weak against one type of element are enough, the other need a third cast. aka need two round for debuffing.

D

Deleted member 219719

Last time I reached the end of content, Yhilin(?) and the war were both about done, the ending felt kind of like an ending albeit a cliffhanger to the story (which I don't want to specify for spoilerish reasons). That was more than a year ago.

Could anyone tell me how much content was added since?

Ripe

Jun 30, 2017
No idea... most likely it will be before the end month but there is no timeline for now.

On a side note, Sierra did release 35.7 version on her blog.

4.50 star(s) 186 Votes