Ripe

Jun 30, 2017
A bit off topic, but how is everyone doing on Trin copies? Already we have had several opportunities in chapter 4 and I can imagine that if we aim to play politics in Stenai we will have more tough choices.
I think that would depend on what is the max number of copies Trin can have in your playtrough... by this point that can be anywhere between 7 and 12 which make quite a difference. With one slot being taken by Yuanoun by default.

Waxer

Sep 11, 2017
I think that would depend on what is the max number of copies Trin can have in your playtrough... by this point that can be anywhere between 7 and 12 which make quite a difference. With one slot being taken by Yuanoun by default.
That's what I meant to ask. Currently I have slots filled by armite rapists, Yuanoun, armite jade merchant, Orgasmic noble, Lecherous priestess, and the double slot from armite priestess. With only two remaining. I was curious how other people are deciding to use their slots.

Ripe

Jun 30, 2017
That's what I meant to ask. Currently I have slots filled by armite rapists, Yuanoun, armite jade merchant, Orgasmic noble, Lecherous priestess, and the double slot from armite priestess. With only two remaining. I was curious how other people are deciding to use their slots.
And that was my point... I copied the same people you did, but because my Trin have 11 slots, I still have 4 slots open giving me a lot more options.

RuiMist

May 6, 2017
Is it better to take Altina in the tower where you find her or make her wait till she decides for herself that she wants to be screwed? I know one option you have to be careful because if you don't talk to her at a certain time along the way she'll leave the party and join the elves or something like that but don't remember which option that was.

Waxer

Sep 11, 2017
Is it better to take Altina in the tower where you find her or make her wait till she decides for herself that she wants to be screwed? I know one option you have to be careful because if you don't talk to her at a certain time along the way she'll leave the party and join the elves or something like that but don't remember which option that was.
Waiting is best morality wise and honestly logistically wise, so wait when you find her in the tower. then talk to her once when you finish with Varia and Felhorm, then talk to her again after the seed of chaos. DO NOT walk all the way to camp manually or you'll add to the day timer.

RuiMist

May 6, 2017
Waiting is best morality wise and honestly logistically wise, so wait when you find her in the tower. then talk to her once when you finish with Varia and Felhorm, then talk to her again after the seed of chaos. DO NOT walk all the way to camp manually or you'll add to the day timer.
How do you not walk manually to camp? I always wondered why I never ran into any of the other orcs besides Orcent and Stark so now I know I totally bypassed something by going straight for Varia or did I?

Waxer

Sep 11, 2017
How do you not walk manually to camp? I always wondered why I never ran into any of the other orcs besides Orcent and Stark so now I know I totally bypassed something by going straight for Varia or did I?
I mean once you complete your three objectives in the "Felhorm" area of the map you will be teleported back to camp and can talk there with her. If you walk to Felhorm to get Altina, walk to camp back in stienford, then back to Felhorm to get Varia that is extra days added that you don't need. So this might be to late but once you leave the steinford region, you have four places to visit in order you should get stark, get Altinia, get Varia, and last get the Impaler at Felhorm, IGNORE MERCHANT CAMP. Stark can be gotten anytime before Felhorm but go to just not forget, Altinia next because she will get RP if you reshape Varia, and Varia before impaler to get XP from that fight. Merchant camp has nothing new but some slimes but adds far to many days to the timer. I hope that helps.

RuiMist

May 6, 2017
I mean once you complete your three objectives in the "Felhorm" area of the map you will be teleported back to camp and can talk there with her. If you walk to Felhorm to get Altina, walk to camp back in stienford, then back to Felhorm to get Varia that is extra days added that you don't need. So this might be to late but once you leave the steinford region, you have four places to visit in order you should get stark, get Altinia, get Varia, and last get the Impaler at Felhorm, IGNORE MERCHANT CAMP. Stark can be gotten anytime before Felhorm but go to just not forget, Altinia next because she will get RP if you reshape Varia, and Varia before impaler to get XP from that fight. Merchant camp has nothing new but some slimes but adds far to many days to the timer. I hope that helps.
I get it now thanks for the information.

Fulminato

Oct 17, 2017
return to stineford region and come back in feroholm map add two day. take stark head another two day and go in the mountain's keep five. mechanical-wise don't exist difference between 22 and 24 days, so one can safe going back to the stineford's camp and fuck altina, and lose nothing in the process.

I get it now thanks for the information.
wiki's page for the free roaming section of chapter 2 had all the information needed.

aside to skip merchant camp, skip the lost baggage quest and the devil's pass.

Gomly1980

Forum Fanatic
Jul 4, 2017
Can anyone share some pics from the game? The pics from the OP are too lame, so I would like to play this game, but I'm not that sure about the art...
Yeah, sure....

That is all the pictures from the sex scenes in the game, enjoy your fap.

Waxer

Sep 11, 2017
return to stineford region and come back in feroholm map add two day. take stark head another two day and go in the mountain's keep five. mechanical-wise don't exist difference between 22 and 24 days, so one can safe going back to the stineford's camp and fuck altina, and lose nothing in the process.

wiki's page for the free roaming section of chapter 2 had all the information needed.

aside to skip merchant camp, skip the lost baggage quest and the devil's pass.
Why skip lost baggage? I'd much rather get 5000 SX then needlessly travel back and forth to the camp. Technically you can still do both in 29 days but that's cutting it a little close.

Gomly1980

Forum Fanatic
Jul 4, 2017
Why skip lost baggage? I'd much rather get 5000 SX then needlessly travel back and forth to the camp. Technically you can still do both in 29 days but that's cutting it a little close.

That's why people skip it.

It knocks on to Simon's time in Orgasmic Empire if you take too many days. You need to do it in 24 days or less to get the best possible outcome, taking 29 days is just screwing yourself over the sake of 5k which is nothing.

Under 16 days is the ideal.

Waxer

Sep 11, 2017

That's why people skip it.

It knocks on to Simon's time in Orgasmic Empire if you take too many days. You need to do it in 24 days or less to get the best possible outcome, taking 29 days is just screwing yourself over the sake of 5k which is nothing.

Under 16 days is the ideal.
Hmmm, I actually didn't know about the day 23 rule but I'll still stick with taking 5k in sx, that is hardly nothing while the extra few days in the orgasmic empire is. Under 16 days is not ideal is you want Altina.

Ripe

Jun 30, 2017
Hmmm, I actually didn't know about the day 23 rule but I'll still stick with taking 5k in sx, that is hardly nothing while the extra few days in the orgasmic empire is. Under 16 days is not ideal is you want Altina.
5k Sx is nothing, even at that point of the game. Loosing out on 1 point of Social and Economic may cost you days while in Orgasmic Empire (and you may miss out on a chance to copy the books) in addition to loosing a day from not being highly efficient travel route planner.

mesoru

Sep 22, 2017
Loosing out on 1 point of Social and Economic may cost you days while in Orgasmic Empire (and you may miss out on a chance to copy the books) in addition to loosing a day from not being highly efficient travel route planner.
*Sigh* does the game even give you any hint about this "time limit"? because i don't remember anything at all.
Still, that is one thing that annoys me in this game, it has so many secrets and hidden variables, you pratically has to look up in the walkthrough if you don't wanna miss out anything... or worse, cause a snowball effect of bad decisions (or pure luck) and finding yourself trapped with bad outcomes onward.

Gomly1980

Forum Fanatic
Jul 4, 2017
*Sigh* does the game even give you any hint about this "time limit"? because i don't remember anything at all.
Still, that is one thing that annoys me in this game, it has so many secrets and hidden variables, you pratically has to look up in the walkthrough if you don't wanna miss out anything... or worse, cause a snowball effect of bad decisions (or pure luck) and finding yourself trapped with bad outcomes onward.
Nope, you don't get any hints in the game at all. I think it may mention something about doing it as quickly as possible but it just looks like normal party banter, nothing anyone would pay that much attention to.

I missed it the first 2 times I played but after getting so far thinking I was doing well only to fall short of things I decided to check the wiki and realised just how in depth some things are.

It's a really well made RPG for how much thought has gone into it but it is complex and I can see why people get frustrated. I work from home and my wife works long shifts so I have a ton of free time but people don't have the spare time to go through a 40+hour game to redo every variable they may miss.

It would be nice if the game had some hints in it for parts like that. I don't mean handholding just a bit in a quest log that hints doing it faster will have future benefits or something.

Reactions: mesoru

mesoru

Sep 22, 2017
It would be nice if the game had some hints in it for parts like that. I don't mean handholding just a bit in a quest log that hints doing it faster will have future benefits or something.
Indeed, that would be nice.
As i am an explorer who likes to look every nook and cranny, the presence of hidden timer is a particular annoyance. Heck, even in the orgasmic empire you could look how many days had passed.
I love the game and its complexity, but i hope Sierra might look into some issues in the future for the sake of balance and clarity.

Ripe

Jun 30, 2017
Nope, you don't get any hints in the game at all. I think it may mention something about doing it as quickly as possible but it just looks like normal party banter, nothing anyone would pay that much attention to.

I missed it the first 2 times I played but after getting so far thinking I was doing well only to fall short of things I decided to check the wiki and realised just how in depth some things are.

It's a really well made RPG for how much thought has gone into it but it is complex and I can see why people get frustrated. I work from home and my wife works long shifts so I have a ton of free time but people don't have the spare time to go through a 40+hour game to redo every variable they may miss.

There is a hint that you should be careful about what to do in your travels, but it's very, very subtle... before you leave Yhilin Simon talks about how "a more efficient path would be better" and that there is "no sense in backtracking". I think he also mention that they have a limited amount of time and how it would be better if they achieve everything fast.

And of course, once you're done with your travels Simon does give you a recap of how you did...

Reactions: mesoru
4.50 star(s) 186 Votes