4.70 star(s) 63 Votes

MikanTsumikii

Sep 1, 2022
Tomorrow I will make a message about the future of this, now I REALLY need to sleep.
It has been some very chaotic and rough 36 hours.
I feel tired, its like finally losing a 2 year long battle.
I feel sad, All my effort to gatekeep the game from bad actors and minors, was in vain at the end.
I feel depressed, I see myself very close to just throw away everything and start from scratch.
I feel stupid, Because not too long ago I was already thinking on making the server private and only leave those who already were inside.
I feel really angry, When someone's rent is due, they can just destroy a random server over nothing in just 5 minutes. But in the same 5 minutes, a lot of my effort went to waste, its not fair.
and I feel guilty for people's discord accounts too, and for supporters.

Right now...I don't know what I'm going to do, I don't even want to make another Discord, not even a private one, just giving the exclusive downloads to supporters through a Pastebin or whatever.
Maybe that could even help me concentrate more on working on the game! who knows...

I'm a pseudo solo dev making his first game
- Drew every single image.
- Made a fuckton of sprites to make as many reaction as possible.
- Made a lot of minicomics to avoid black spaces and make a nsfw visual novel that is ACTUALLY visual.
- Learned RenPy from scratch, this is my first time coding anything.
- Just paid a voice actress to make voices for some characters (It was going to be ready on a future update)
- Found an actual and great writer who knows the source material and made an awesome work.
- Prepared the translation files for people in the server to be able to translate it so I could add it to the game.
- Tried my best to release both Public and Exclusive updates with the smallest time window possible from each other.
- Made the Android version actually usable and accessible... fuck, I even made the quick menu to be able to be set either on the right or left of the screen so people can just jack off, what the hell.

I don't consider this neither a hobby or a hustle, its MY JOB, and I LIKE IT.

BUT

I don't have the energy to deal with leeches like this NTTS guy or any other potential cheap virtue signaling idiot.

The server was SFW, chill, we had a lot of fun and made many friends, had to only ban like 2 or 3 people for being annoying and breaking rules during the whole lifespan of the server. But it seems that we cant have shit, I guess...

See you guys tomorrow, I hope to feel better, think more clearly, and...

decide the next step, because I won't stop moving.
Can't wait to hear about this tomorrow.

• Red Heart
Reactions: DMFnsfw

checker201

Jun 1, 2017
There's literally nothing that they could do more then ban a person, especially with different country laws and although any business usually is given his freedom with rules, these cannot be not fair, discminatory or used improperly making space for court action (see user vs facebook). As I don't know if this is the case and most importantly i was not in the group there's nothing i can do about it if not inform you about your rights (or at least the eu one).
Respectfully, Discord is an American company and unless we were some sort of racial minority Discord can ban everyone arbitrarily as they please, and given the subject matter of the server there's no way in rat hell an appeal would go anywhere.

MikanTsumikii

Sep 1, 2022
May I know what youtube channel does he have? Not to mention the damage he had done to the innocent people in the server got this warning including myself
View attachment 4039333
I mentioned before, NTTS's channel is about discord's problems and how they don't pay attention to jack shit. Sometimes he's right, and as we've seen, sometimes he's wrong. Reading all this, shows how insensitive he was to everyone in the server, but he also did state, and I quote "The reason why this server isn't down, is because all of these people don't find a problem with it". Not defending him, of course, just stating why everyone got the limitation.

Eteru42

Feb 27, 2022
Respectfully, Discord is an American company and unless we were some sort of racial minority Discord can ban everyone arbitrarily as they please, and given the subject matter of the server there's no way in rat hell an appeal would go anywhere.
That's the big thing that is going unnoticed. It didn't matter which side was in the right or not. What likely drove Discord to wield the banhammer was that the game was brought out into the mainstream spotlight. Where Discord's investors and stockholders are likely to see it. Prompting them to act in order to preserve their brand integrity.

MikanTsumikii

Sep 1, 2022
That's the big thing that is going unnoticed. It didn't matter which side was in the right or not. What likely drove Discord to wield the banhammer was that the game was brought out into the mainstream spotlight. Where Discord's investors and stockholders are likely to see it. Prompting them to act in order to preserve their brand integrity.
Somebody understands NTTS entire channel.

lunar_walker

Sep 30, 2017
Loli is aloud on Discord as long as it's not real (even AI generated). As long as nothing is real Discord can't (realistically) say shit. The problem is that the video made it seem like the whole reason behind the board is that it showed a bunch of pedo's looking a CP. He didn't flat out say it but it was implied.

The best way to do it (other than ALT accounts) is to make a Private Discord that is only able to be accessed though links.

ManaKonii

Dec 13, 2021
Discord actually cannot do jackshit unless it gets reported

The pros? Lolisho stuff is safe on discord as long nobody gets reported

The cons? The same goes for people spreading CSEM

Audumbla

Jun 14, 2018
Tomorrow I will make a message about the future of this, now I REALLY need to sleep.
It has been some very chaotic and rough 36 hours.
I feel tired, its like finally losing a 2 year long battle.
I feel sad, All my effort to gatekeep the game from bad actors and minors, was in vain at the end.
I feel depressed, I see myself very close to just throw away everything and start from scratch.
I feel stupid, Because not too long ago I was already thinking on making the server private and only leave those who already were inside.
I feel really angry, When someone's rent is due, they can just destroy a random server over nothing in just 5 minutes. But in the same 5 minutes, a lot of my effort went to waste, its not fair.
and I feel guilty for people's discord accounts too, and for supporters.

Right now...I don't know what I'm going to do, I don't even want to make another Discord, not even a private one, just giving the exclusive downloads to supporters through a Pastebin or whatever.
Maybe that could even help me concentrate more on working on the game! who knows...

I'm a pseudo solo dev making his first game
- Drew every single image.
- Made a fuckton of sprites to make as many reaction as possible.
- Made a lot of minicomics to avoid black spaces and make a nsfw visual novel that is ACTUALLY visual.
- Learned RenPy from scratch, this is my first time coding anything.
- Just paid a voice actress to make voices for some characters (It was going to be ready on a future update)
- Found an actual and great writer who knows the source material and made an awesome work.
- Prepared the translation files for people in the server to be able to translate it so I could add it to the game.
- Tried my best to release both Public and Exclusive updates with the smallest time window possible from each other.
- Made the Android version actually usable and accessible... fuck, I even made the quick menu to be able to be set either on the right or left of the screen so people can just jack off, what the hell.

I don't consider this neither a hobby or a hustle, its MY JOB, and I LIKE IT.

BUT

I don't have the energy to deal with leeches like this NTTS guy or any other potential cheap virtue signaling idiot.

The server was SFW, chill, we had a lot of fun and made many friends, had to only ban like 2 or 3 people for being annoying and breaking rules during the whole lifespan of the server. But it seems that we cant have shit, I guess...

See you guys tomorrow, I hope to feel better, think more clearly, and...

decide the next step, because I won't stop moving.
Hey buddy, don't worry, we know it's not your fault, I praised your game a few months ago and I still think it's great, please don't give up, I was naive to not make a second account too so don't worry about that too, just reach back to us when you are ready to get the server back on its feet, kudos from Brazil my sulamerican friend

Audumbla

Jun 14, 2018
It seems kinda unhealthy to me for a content creator to have free reign over your platform and raid people whenever he wants, We need a Baraag/Pawoo discord clone in case this kind of stuff happens more often

lunar_walker

Sep 30, 2017
Hey buddy, don't worry, we know it's not your fault, I praised your game a few months ago and I still think it's great, please don't give up, I was naive to not make a second account too so don't worry about that too, just reach back to us when you are ready to get the server back on its feet, kudos from Brazil my sulamerican friend
Same with me in the US. I love the game and hope for the best for both DMF and Catspeak. I hope that this doesn't discourage them too much and that they are doing better than yesterday. This whole thing is a train reck and the only thing I can think of is making a new Discord board that's age gated (I think I already said that but it's worth repeating). Until another option is available, Discord is still one of the best places that fans can share work and get together. Once my own account gets back in order I can set up a page on my own board for this game. At least until a new board (or other option) is available. I'll shoot an invite to Cat and DMF if they want to do that.

MikanTsumikii

Sep 1, 2022
Since you know about him better than most people here do, does he tend to get in massive month long raids like facebook raiders in the 2010s or does he just leave servers alone after he does the video?
He hopes the servers gets banned after reporting them, if not, then he leaves them alone, unless he does something behind the screen, then I can't tell you that part. But like everyone, like I said Charlie, and GD Colon- after you tell people something, even if you tell them not to bother or do anything, they're still gonna do it, just for some reason still unknown. It's dumb, and for all I know, it wasn't even NTTS's report, I recall- correct me if I'm wrong, the dev said that people had raided. Which means, that spam report on the server must have caused the ban. Because spam reports are no joke. It's unfortunate, yes. But that's what happens when you have too much power and your audience is a bunch of irresponsible teenagers who just wants to be apart of something to seem cool or some shit.

DMFnsfw

Game Developer
Nov 30, 2022
I made a TL: DR of what happened since this Friday for those unaware:

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

I slept very few hours last night, I'm slowly thinking clearly again.
All I will say is that I won't manage a public server in the foreseeable future (or Telegram channel, or Matrix or whatever). I need a social media break...
IF there is going to a new server, it will be later, and probably private, and I may or may not even be on it.

You know, having <2000 followers on twitter and being attacked by a +990000 subscribers youtuber and his army of kids and manchilds calling you horrible things isn't something you usually have to deal.

There is way more info (in special for current or future Supporters) in this PUBLIC Fanbox post:

I may request taking control over this thread later, I mean... I HAVE A BRAND NEW PUBLIC UPDATE WAITING!

1726519918312.png

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Now, responding some messages in the thread:

that spam report on the server must have caused the ban.
100% Agree. It was a bunch of light strikes on my account, but ended in a permaban for me and the server.

I can set up a page on my own board for this game.
Thank you, but it's OK, we have a barebones, half-made server that I was working on until yesterday. Maybe not today or tomorrow, but in the future it may be ready, at least in a private way.

What likely drove Discord to wield the banhammer was that the game was brought out into the mainstream spotlight. Where Discord's investors and stockholders are likely to see it. Prompting them to act in order to preserve their brand integrity.
Yuuup! Next time I will use a server banner that says "Hey Discord shareholders! suck my dick!", just to make sure they read it.

ALSO:
Thank you everyone for your kind words, either here, on Fanbox, Pixiv, Twitter etc.
I got a lot of encouraging messages that help me way more than you may think.

MikanTsumikii

Sep 1, 2022
I made a TL: DR of what happened since this Friday for those unaware:

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

I slept very few hours last night, I'm slowly thinking clearly again.
All I will say is that I won't manage a public server in the foreseeable future (or Telegram channel, or Matrix or whatever). I need a social media break...
IF there is going to a new server, it will be later, and probably private, and I may or may not even be on it.

You know, having <2000 followers on twitter and being attacked by a +990000 subscribers youtuber and his army of kids and manchilds calling you horrible things isn't something you usually have to deal.

There is way more info (in special for current or future Supporters) in this PUBLIC Fanbox post:

I may request taking control over this thread later, I mean... I HAVE A BRAND NEW PUBLIC UPDATE WAITING!

View attachment 4041048

ALSO:
Thank you everyone for your kind words, either here, on Fanbox, Pixiv, Twitter etc.
I got a lot of encouraging messages that help me way more than you may think.
It's still nice you're here talking to us and responding to us through all of this, so whatever your decision is, it's more than likely for the best. Thanks for trying to stay somewhat positive even if it's just a little.

CuriousKiyo

Jun 15, 2022
He hopes the servers gets banned after reporting them, if not, then he leaves them alone, unless he does something behind the screen, then I can't tell you that part. But like everyone, like I said Charlie, and GD Colon- after you tell people something, even if you tell them not to bother or do anything, they're still gonna do it, just for some reason still unknown. It's dumb, and for all I know, it wasn't even NTTS's report, I recall- correct me if I'm wrong, the dev said that people had raided. Which means, that spam report on the server must have caused the ban. Because spam reports are no joke. It's unfortunate, yes. But that's what happens when you have too much power and your audience is a bunch of irresponsible teenagers who just wants to be apart of something to seem cool or some shit.
You're giving him too much credit. Every new age tabloid journalist - also known as "youtube reporters" - says the same shit, "oh, don't go harass this person. I'll just show their every social media handle and tell you about their heinous acts. But don't you dare go do anything, eh?" They know that when they make a video about someone, their audience will go harass them, they just try to cover their asses and make this narrative that has, somehow, become accepted that content creators are not responsible to the actions their content incite their viewers to do - or they're just deeply stupid, in which case they shouldn't have a platform in the first place.
Newspapers, the police, the courts, all have strict laws regarding privacy and what can and can't be said about a person with only conjecture to go by, why? Because they understand that in the court of common opinion, everyone's guilty. There's a reason these things need to be solved privately, but that won't generate ad revenue no would it?
All these drama youtubers jump at the first chance they get to throw shit at anyone without actually doing due diligence. Cr1tical with his piss poor coverage of the Smash World Tour situation put the whole community a million years in the past to where it otherwise would have been had Panda Global continued their fruitful partnership with Nintendo, and this NTTS asshole got a lot of people banned despite breaking no rules. They don't care about this stuff. They're vultures, feeding off controversial topics and making solving issues the right way impossible.
If you want a good example of a youtuber actually doing good, take Jim Browning. Tackles actual criminals, collects rock solid evidence, gets the local police involved, then, and only then, does he make a video about the situation, without clickbaity titles and obnoxious humor. Compare him to that asshole with the sunglasses that makes a video a week "trolling" scammers.
In summary, it's all about that "bag".
Anyways, what's done it's done. I say we move on from this dumbass with a platform.

MikanTsumikii

Sep 1, 2022
You're giving him too much credit. Every new age tabloid journalist - also known as "youtube reporters" - says the same shit, "oh, don't go harass this person. I'll just show their every social media handle and tell you about their heinous acts. But don't you dare go do anything, eh?" They know that when they make a video about someone, their audience will go harass them, they just try to cover their asses and make this narrative that has, somehow, become accepted that content creators are not responsible to the actions their content incite their viewers to do - or they're just deeply stupid, in which case they shouldn't have a platform in the first place.
Newspapers, the police, the courts, all have strict laws regarding privacy and what can and can't be said about a person with only conjecture to go by, why? Because they understand that in the court of common opinion, everyone's guilty. There's a reason these things need to be solved privately, but that won't generate ad revenue no would it?
All these drama youtubers jump at the first chance they get to throw shit at anyone without actually doing due diligence. Cr1tical with his piss poor coverage of the Smash World Tour situation put the whole community a million years in the past to where it otherwise would have been had Panda Global continued their fruitful partnership with Nintendo, and this NTTS asshole got a lot of people banned despite breaking no rules. They don't care about this stuff. They're vultures, feeding off controversial topics and making solving issues the right way impossible.
If you want a good example of a youtuber actually doing good, take Jim Browning. Tackles actual criminals, collects rock solid evidence, gets the local police involved, then, and only then, does he make a video about the situation, without clickbaity titles and obnoxious humor. Compare him to that asshole with the sunglasses that makes a video a week "trolling" scammers.
In summary, it's all about that "bag".
Anyways, what's done it's done. I say we move on from this dumbass with a platform.
I never gave him that much credit, I just explained how things go, and you re-explained exactly what I said. But I understand.

Last edited:
Reactions: CuriousKiyo

ManaKonii

Dec 13, 2021
> - All users in the discord got a 24h mute and an horrible badge on their profiles with something like "this user was in a server dangerous to children" or some crap like that.

elaborate??

4.70 star(s) 63 Votes