Seeking The Lore of Black Souls (explanations and theories)

Django_Farney

Jul 11, 2020
Greetings my fellas,

I apologize in advance for any inadequacies in this thread and in my writing.

I'm a fan of game lore and with Black Souls it was no different, but the whole story is interpretative and vague, so I thought it would be a good idea to create a topic about lore, to exchange knowledge and recommend this magnificent work.

We also have a games wiki, which I recommend to anyone who can, to contribute (there's still a lot of content left).

I leave some questions below,

1) What exactly is a Mary Sue? a Lovecraftian creature? a demon?

2) Who is our MC, Grimm, and what is his relationship with Alice?

3) Is the world the game takes place in a separate dimension? Or has our entire reality been transformed into this?

4) What exactly happened in the canonical ending of BS2? do we free ourselves from this world?

5) Did I hear somewhere that we will have a BS3? What do you think? What would your expectations be?

wulfgarthewise

Mar 19, 2022
1. Mary Sue is an 'outer god' or 'old one' in the lovecraftian sense. She's the daughter of Baphomet. She wanted to create stuff (something only humans can do) and basically made a bunch of horrible dogshit using souls she stole from Earth (the princesses, red hood, elizabeth, etc).
2. Main character Grimm is a human being saved by The Crawling One during some kind of terrible event on Earth, I think a demonic invasion or something. This was before the Crawling One went crazy or something, maybe it was some kind of real alice as it seems like the Liddel's souls are present in modern Wonderland. Long story short, Wonderland was nice then, Grimm was probably Lancelot /knight of the round table, and he and Alice fell in love. Prayer Rabbit, another character, found out and prayed for 'God' to intervene. Mary Sue / Mary Ann (leaf) heard the prayer, stole Grimm, and stuffed a bunch of author's souls into him.
3. Takes place in Gardens, basically the personal domains of lovecraftian gods.
4. Yes, it seems that way. Grimm and Red Hood have escaped from the Crawling One thanks to Prickett (the actual, mostly uncorrupted Alice / aspect of the Crawling One). Red Hood dies though.
5. I have literally no clue what to expect. I have to go find Alice.