Ren'Py - Abandoned - The Lust Demon [v0.1] [SmallAngel]

1. 1.00 star(s)

Revolving Mania

It doesn't feel like you're the protagonist here. First of all, the MC is not even in the introduction. The first character you see is Jeanne, the girl who actually feels like the protagonist. You follow Jeanne and Emi on their quest to subjugate the lust demon, aka, you. You hear her story and finally, during the encounter, the MC takes them by surprise, but through the power of friendship, Jeanne gets a boost and beats the MC. That's totally plot armour that would normally favour the protagonist of a story when in need.

Also, you're supposed to be a badass demon, but so far he's pathetic. This first version is short so you don't know much about the MC, but it's not a great introduction either. He has been beaten by a girl and forced into submission by the queen, who seems to be more powerful than he is. Not doing a great job of portraying the so-called powerful demon. I understand this is just the beginning, but you gotta give us a reason to like the MC or sympathise with him. He's a rapist, so we won't be sympathising with him, that leaves us with liking him as a character in some way, but this short introduction shows an MC with absolutely no redeeming qualities at the bottom of the barrel. I don't know why this game was released like this, but it's not my job to figure that out. Put more and better content if you want a good review.

The renders are too distracting. There is always lots going on and the models blend in a little too well with the environment. I've had to strain my view to actually figure out what's going on in some of the images. The point of view of the cameras is also weird as shit, making it even more difficult to see. And for some reason, the MC's dick is pink and extremely long, but kinda skinny for how long it is. Feels like it'll snap in half at any minute.

Last, but not least, the writing quality is not good and there are still some untranslated lines. Overall a really bad experience, even for a short demo like this. I usually like to say at least one positive thing in my reviews, but I'm struggling to find any. I can only offer my feedback. I think if this game is to go anywhere, it should focus on making us like the MC and correctly characterise him as the powerful demon he is supposed to be. Otherwise, I don't see the point of following the journey of an enslaved washed up once powerful demon.