Ren'Py - Abandoned - The Lust of Us [v0.011] [Malum]

1. 5.00 star(s)

Malathria

You need to continue this game it is a very good game (sorry for my bad english ) all of you're idea is good maybe a patch fr for help with ellie when you speak with she i hope the last update is footfetish time (lick her feet etc )
  2. 5.00 star(s)

Hendricks

This is a very solid base for a game. I like it a lot. It has a lot of potential. I hope to see a lot more from this author. Plus he seems to be very engaged in the development of the story and individual characters.
  3. 2.00 star(s)

Zippity

The following review is based off my personal experience with playing this Game/Visual Novel... I try to be as brutally honest and detailed as I can, and these are my own opinions and thoughts, from one or more play throughs... The version this review is based on is Demo v0.010...

Originally Reviewed on 12/30/2017

I really don't like this game all that much... I tried to give it a chance, but the way the authors intend for this game to operate, when interacting with other characters, does not work the way they are hoping it will, and it will be a complete and utter nightmare for them to get it to work like other games typically do, with the same concept...

The visuals as so-so in this VN/Game, as the backgrounds are very dark and shaded... The daughter model, albeit hand drawn, is also just so-so looking...

The script in the introduction has some broken English as well as spelling/grammar errors, even though I could make out what it was intending to say... The plot appears to be survival in a post apocalyptic world where the major population is infected with some sort of disease... The actual story seems to revolve around the male protagonist and his daughter, in what appears to be yet another Family Sex themed game...

What I find the most troubling about the game play in this one, is that you can freely say/type stuff to other characters (which for this game primarily it is the daughter, at the moment)... The problem, is that it is a series of pre-generated sentences and words, which you have to be spot on, when typing them out, otherwise you get the generic response... The list of words/sentences/questions is small and doesn't allow for variance... Other games that use this sort of system, usually allow for lots of variance, because chatting to an NPC that is intended to respond to the player is a VERY COMPLICATED system to create... Doubly so, when the character in question requires stats to be just right for certain words/sentences/questions to trigger the proper response...

Due to the complexity of the human language barrier, with differences in how people speak or ask questions, this game in it's current state, is totally incapable of handling that sort of complexity, without basically allowing all the players to cheat... And by cheat, i mean provide them with a walkthrough and/or list of triggering words/phrases/questions that will actually do anything... Because, as a player/reader, I do not want to sit there for hours typing in this and that trying to evoke a response, and never getting anywhere... And for me, cheating or using a walkthrough as a requirement to succeed without wasting tons of time, is no way to play a game...

This Game/VN's other aspects seem to work fine, but I know right away that to use a ton of pre-determined response requirements, will be both a nightmare for the author to work out, and a huge deterrent to having a lot of players... It will basically become a small niche game, once it reaches completion, with only a small club of folks willing to put in the drastic amount of time and effort, to figure out what works and doesn't work, without some sort of cheat/walkthrough...

I don't want to sound like I'm bashing this game, but the chat system in it's current incarnation will drive players away from this game, I just know it... And that is gonna suck for the author/s...

Overall, I just can't get around the chat system in this game, even though it is in it's early development... I firmly believe the chat system needs some re-strategizing... I wish the author/s the absolute best of luck in getting this one developed... I may or may not try this one again, a bit later into it's development, to see if it has improved... Have to wait and see...