Others - Abandoned - The Mercenary King [v0.8] [Noxurtica]

1. 4.00 star(s)

XAReallyDrunkGuyX

Might as well post my thoughts, might help someone I guess

For busy people

Story:8 (It's good, but limited due to the game engine)

Gameplay: 9 (It's a solid SRPG)

Erotic scenes: 7 (They vary in quality)

Conclusion: If you like strategy games, give it a shot, it's worth it

For people that want to know more

This is a pretty good game, even though it's combat system borrows heavily from strategy titles like Final Fantasy Tactics or Fire Emblem, it is not too much of a challenge for newbies like myself
    You just got to keep in mind a few factors:

- Each troop type has a bonus and a penalty against certain troops
    Ex: Cav beats archers, spearmen beats Cav

- By clicking on a enemy troop on the battle map you'll be able to see it's stats and movement range

- Units can and will counterattack if possible (Archers will fire back at enemy archers, however, melee units won't counterattack ranged attacks)

-When given the option to attack, you can see how much damage you're dealing and how much you'll potentialy receive, as well as a hit percentage

That's it for tactics, SRPG Studio is pretty simple, but fun nonetheless

As for the other aspects, a must say that the art is pretty good, though it could be improved in some places. The game appears to have some dialogue branches (Decisions or choices) during scenes, I haven't explored all of these options but they seem to present different outcomes, so that's nice.
    The story seems interesting and it's characters, bandit leaders, soldiers and Knights interact during cutscenes, something that helps to keep you immersed in the story (They also offer tips)

Overall, I'd like to say that, even in its inicial stage, this is a pretty good game and I hope it isn't abandoned since it shows a lot of potential, I thank the team (or the one guy) that made it and wish them (him) the best!
  2. 5.00 star(s)

Redwardian

As of 0.8 this is a lot of fun.

It's not a huge, epic, branching storyline sort of project, but the choices you have are fun. The battle system is solid, classic fare.

The only complaint I'll lodge is I felt the first couple of levels were quite hard and after that victory started coming pretty easy. I'd recommend not bothering with the between level gold and item management, unless you're looking for easy progression.
  3. 4.00 star(s)

wrarar

gameplay: hard but fun play.

draws: good.

characters: meh they are ok.

story: good.

scenes (erotic ones): good to meh+1.

conclussion: as a game, is good. yeah, is kinda hard and i lost my army on the first 3 try, but the "command an army" is something that i really enjoy. now, if there is something to say about it. is this gonna be a really boring game IF thats the only thing you gonna play. what this game neeeds is dunjeons and secondary missions that are easier to complete than the main quest. if it is possible a better "date" system with some more variety than "rape her" or "dont rape her", maybe be punished or rewarded depending of your decissions . the main idea of the game is there and you can feel it, but it needs more work on it. ( i know is the "beta" but this game could become something really big, as long as it use all the assets correctly).

this game deserve your time maybe your money.

(edited: this rewiev is outdated i needs to play the newer version)