VN - Others - Completed - The Most Forbidden Love in the World [Final] [Regista & Hermit]

1. 5.00 star(s)

Nightwish2

This is a visual novel with the kind of protagonist we all hate. Low self esteem, passive, worthless.
    There are two things that make this a plus, not a minus in this VN.
    1 - The story is VERY well written, the situations where his bad personality traits are manifested usually push the story forward in interesting ways. He is also voiced, so the impulse to get mad because he does something we think is stupid becomes lower.
    2 - This is a story about overcoming these traits and depression. The delivery is perfect. The MC has a lot of good sides and he isn't some lazy idiot. Every character is well written and their interactions are great. Every situatiion where his bad traits manifest are a building block for his change.

Another amazing point about this VN is the setting itself. It's more mature, with him working in office jobs instead of going to school. This adult life depiction is a breath of fresh air for visual novels.

The romance is great, they managed to make the girls falling in love with him believable despite his bad traits. The teacher was a surprise, one of the best. The "polemic" of this VN is the main girl, who's age is... questionable.
    She also happens to be the best character in the entire visual novel, amazing personality.

This VN is certainly worth a read.
  2. 5.00 star(s)

Sarshi

Seriously one of the best VN that i played
    Both in terms of story, art, etc, this one hit home pretty hard, really like this VN
    At first you find yourself only like 1 heroine
    Then after u finished all route, you end up liking all of them
    If anyone knew another VN like this, please give me suggestion! Thanks
  3. 3.00 star(s)

Sinphil

The stories are well written and although a lot of people annoyed by the layout and need to go through all the side women to get to main story it meant that the H scenes were well paced and regular as long as you used save points well.

The female characters are all interesting and storylines are fun, mostly with some poignant moments thrown in.

The main character though is terrible, his low self esteem is well and truly justified. He will bow to anyone who gives him a pat on head. Is totally oblivious to everything going on yet suddenly astute in business which moronic because business requires an ability to read people. He is beyond self absorbed and even when he knows what he is doing is wrong and hurts people he just keeps doing it (supposedly loving people but ignoring them for a month and letting them believe some pretty damaging things
    You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

The artwork is pretty good mostly but to me animations just looked amateurish with proportions all over place and very simple loops.

The whole loli/guardian forbidden love concept just wasnt backed up in story, She was in last year before University, had been working for years and already independent so not only not loli she was never actually dependent on him as guardian and in fact she was one who dragged him into some semblance of responsibility (though was always pathetic).

I guess these totally pathetic MC's are popular in japanese eroge so target audiences feel superior and can live fantasy it could happen to them but I finding it more and more annoying as time goes on. Personally I much prefer a villainous or heroic MC over pathetic.
  4. 5.00 star(s)

ushoran

Well, the game came as a surprise, an EXCELLENT surprise.

But first, let's get something out of the way:
    "Abandon all hope ye who enter here to fap"
    The game's focus and best point are the dialogs, charaters and stories.

Dont get me wrong, the H-scenes are very well done, animated, the drawings are gorgeous and uncensored but they are placed here for the sake of the story so there arent many and, in most cases, by the time you got to the point where you see one you became so attached to the characters, and their lovemaking is so wholesome, that it's no longer fap material.

So if you expected some piece of borderline kink after reading the title of the game you've got the wrong game.
    The relationships that this game try to depict are indeed borderline but in the sense that they are generally frowned upon or illegal or going through too many hurdles to usually come to fruition.
    You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

They are however built in a way where, for these specific characters in these specific conditions, you would be hard pressed to call them immoral. The romances here are sincere and pure beyond any doubt although always difficult to achieve.

Now if you're fine with spending a few hours reading love stories unfold while happily grinning like an idiot for the characters then, by all means, try it. I dont think you would ever regret it. And even if you are only remotely interested in romances, the feelgood aura of the game has good chances of warming your heart.

PROS:
    -The dialogs
    The dialogs are well written. For the most part the game is a comedy using savorous lines or situations to make you laugh or give you a breather during a tense moment. There is, of course, a lot of drama as well. They try to depict in details what is going through the charater's heads (sometimes a bit too much maybe).
    Some transitions are a it confusing though
    The translation is well done, they managed to keep most of the jokes. Some were impossible to translate so you might have a few moment where you wonder what the characters are talking about if you dont understand the japanese voices

-the characters
    Not only the heroines but the secondary characters and the main character have personalities of their own and are not here just to fill in a slot or give one line once in a while.
    As for the main character, Osamu. I found it refreshing that he actually has a personnality and isnt just an avatar for the player. The fact that he is voiced tend to distance the player from the main character which is a good thing especially when you go into the more forbidden relationships. Thanks to that you end up cheering for the couples more than thinking that you yourself are making the heroines fall in love.

music
    Not bad, it's not genius but it does the job.

Drawing
    very good quality, I dont particularly like the style of the faces but you cant deny that the drawings are good and detailled.

CONS
    Well it's a visual novel so you spend several hours pressing enter to the point that you have muscle stiffening.

Sometimes the MC has so little self esteem that he ends up thinking the world's pain is his own fault and it comes out as being arrogant to me.
    And if a situation was based exclusively on that, it felt artificial.