Ren'Py The mouse wheel has stopped working

osamataha

May 25, 2023
Please help in RenPy games.
The mouse wheel has stopped working in all RenPy games, It no longer plays its role in advancing or regressing in the dialogue or story,his is only in RenPy games. although it works well with the browser and all other programs on the computer. and I do not know how to fix it. I hope that the experts will explain how to fix this malfunction step by step. Thank you all.
Additional clarification. When I move the mouse wheel to go back, it tries to go back, but then it locks back on the current page.

Penumbral Evanescence

|☽◯☾| Somnium of the Night ✧ Bête Noire
Donor
Jul 16, 2021
You are truly a genius. It's like you can see all the devices I have. I did what you advised me to do and everything is working fine. Thank you very much.
Yeah sometimes too many controller endpoints that are being used in parallel might result in your main mouse wheel function from working as intended. So external devices that are plugged in might have the tendency to cause this problem.

For the future, just make sure you don't have anything that's not needed plugged into your computer when exclusively playing Ren'PY games. E.g., other gamepad controllers, joysticks, etc.

Penumbral Evanescence

|☽◯☾| Somnium of the Night ✧ Bête Noire
Donor
Jul 16, 2021
osamataha For what it's worth, you can also check to see what hardware is connected to your device and do additional troubleshooting from there as well.

1724177934219.png

• Love
Reactions: osamataha

osamataha

May 25, 2023
osamataha For what it's worth, you can also check to see what hardware is connected to your device and do additional troubleshooting from there as well.

View attachment 3950482
Certainly, I am a very lucky person, because another expert in this field has taken the interest to clarify the reason for this problem. Many thanks to you and all the experts of the forum.