VN - Ren'Py - Abandoned - The Mystery of The Crystal Mountain [v0.01] [GalDrag Production]

1. 5.00 star(s)

Glasses!

Version 0.01

The first and most important thing to me is that the narrative of the story looks and plays like a movie. The scenes gracefully alternate between story and sex, keeping the player's attention. The plot itself also looks unusual, combining the poppiness and absurdity of Slavic myths with the ridiculousness of the MC's task. Personally, I was curious to follow the plot, even though the girls in the sex scenes make me gross out (please, lemme skip those sluts).

Now, the characters. They are beautiful, all the characters, from the MC to the stable boy, have their own personalities. Even the old man, whose disciple the MC becomes, deserves to be noticed. Just look at the conversation between the Tsar and the Queen, its damn funny both good written, while telling the important part of the story it is still funny to read.Oh and the dad, of course. I love this guy so much, he himself and his interactions with the MC give the story a freshness. I'm sure he fucked hundreds of beauties in his prime.

And a couple of words about LI. Although my personal fetish (serious nerd with glasses) is definitely present in the game, I would advise the author to add more different types for people with other fetishes. For example, a red-haired girl with freckles and a playful personality, or a short, quiet Asian girl who is constantly embarrassed by everything. This is not the game' s flaw, I'm just suggesting a simple way to increase the potential audience.

Also, I can't help but note the conscientious approach to the creation of the game. The author spent a lot of time creating unique menus, stylish magic ball scene transitions, and made nice animations. Although I personally don't think the menus are cool, I'm impressed by the amount of work done.

I really wish game developer good luck. I hope the story continues and would love to download and play the next update.
  2. 1.00 star(s)

descil

The art is mediocre and the story is almost nonexistent. Will perhaps be deserving of a higher rating when there's more content, but if you're going to release an unfinished game try to make it a little more substantial.
  3. 4.00 star(s)

Micsuking

Review for v0.01:

The setting is standard medieval fantasy, minus the extra races like elves and dwarfs (for now at least). The MC is a demi-god with a father that likes to mess with him because he thinks it's funny.

For now, it's only like half of a prologue, so basically no choices and only 2 sex scenes, there also aren't any animations so be prepared to click a lot. The dialogue is fine, nothing special and the grammar has no glaring problems.

Overall I rate this a 4/5, good so far, and has the potential to grow.
  4. 3.00 star(s)

TreeFriend

The Mystery of the Crystal Mountain does not offer a lot of content yet but starts of a story that seems to have some potential.

Rated as of Version: "v.0.01"

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Personally I tend to like games that are set in a kind of fantasy and/or medieval setting. Therefore with me this game can score in the story department, its a story that is interesting and invites you to play further, unlike many games where the first 10 Minutes bore the hell out of you.
    Unfortunately if you are looking to find out more about the story you may be a little early, there's not a lot of content yet in this first release meaning we really only get a teaser of what is supposed to be coming in the future. The limits of content can be felt with the number of choices too, where there is not a lot to do yet.
    Images profit from a good choice in models but lack something to make them stand out, they are currently what I'd call average. However taking a closer look at them one might find them to be a little grainy, details that admittedly get better in games with time as the developers gain experience. If the story sounds intriguing and you like the setting this game may be for you, but I would wait a bit until there is more content to enjoy.
    I wish lots of luck to the dev with the further development.

Gameplay: 2.5/5 | Renders: 2.5/5 | Story: 3.5/5 | Writing: 3.5/5
  5. 4.00 star(s)

myla8799

Taking into account it's a fresh raw matrial it definitely has a good beginning. Nice characters, different personalities, medieval setting, humor, magic all look good.

MC not a nerdy virgin looser schoolboy, but charming magician with character - another advantage.
    Main menu display - masterpiece to my mind looks really out of frames - cool.

Talking about disadvantages - I would like to see more of a background story, that father-son relationships, family business. Where is his mother? What kind of Gods they are etc. some explanation shall be provided.

As well as more variance, destiny-changing choices would look really cool here. Of course logically I understand it's a prologue so these things are highly likely coming in the futeure updates.

This version is just an aperetiv and I'm definitely hungry for more.
  6. 1.00 star(s)

CourtesyFlush

This is just a short, badly designed and written powerpoint presentation - no dialogue options, no choices (other than cum on her face or cum in mouth), no MC customization. Riddiculously bad writing, crappy UI and ugly graphics you've seen a million times before. Waste of time.
  7. 4.00 star(s)

valdemar228

As for the beginning looks very promising though it’s hard to judge the plot as far as this is just 0.01. Don’t judge a book by its cover. Anyway I’m pretty happy to play smth out of “modern pervert school boy” league.
    Dev writes about a distinct fantasy world and I’m eager to see it.
    “Ntr” comments seem rather irrelevant, nevertheless it would be nice to get some explanation from the Dev.
    So here’s my suggestion @galdrag - Discord is vital for the community so I strongly recommend to launch it, so there you will be able to get more constructive feedback and direct communication with players so to avoid misunderstanding.
    Talking about drawbacks - clicking is a problem, which has to be solved, not too tragic but rather irritating.
    Renders look good, but there’s definitely a space for improvement, to make them more juicy.
    The story is appealing hopefully in upcoming versions we will receive more explanations, background and details.
    It would be cool to get the roadmap so we know what to count on.
    In overall nice, keep on working