VN Ren'Py The Neverwhere Tales [v0.5.0] [Ceolag]

4.40 star(s) 47 Votes

minibaer12

Oct 1, 2023
There is another reason not to kill them and that is training. It could well be that the MC will be able to make good use of them in the future. It doesn't matter whether you are on the Medb/Finnabair path or not.

nitkonikic

Sep 17, 2018
haha I honestly almost killed her myself my first time playing because of that but I wanted to check out her path and she ended up as as a amazing character that I could fully trust more than anyone else , I forget she even tried to kill the MC.
I almost did it on my 1st playthrough because I thought Medb would like it!
Honestly.
It's a duel, rules are known, and sparing an enemy is not logical. Expected to take that choice and get stopped by Medb, praising the MC for having the guts to do what's needed.
Medb already had similar choice near the very start of the game, killing merc. Couldn't be more wrong.

Dessolos

Devoted Member
Jul 25, 2017
I almost did it on my 1st playthrough because I thought Medb would like it!
Honestly.
It's a duel, rules are known, and sparing an enemy is not logical. Expected to take that choice and get stopped by Medb, praising the MC for having the guts to do what's needed.
Medb already had similar choice near the very start of the game, killing merc. Couldn't be more wrong.
Honestly I thought about going through with the choice. I thought it could have a negative impact on the elfs since clearly the rules of the duel seem to be part of their culture and I didn't want to disrespect them and make things worst by not going through with it but changed my mind last second.

• Yay, new update!
Reactions: motseer

motseer

Engaged Member
Dec 17, 2021
Honestly I thought about going through with the choice. I thought it could have a negative impact on the elfs since clearly the rules of the duel seem to be part of their culture and I didn't want to disrespect them and make things worst by not going through with it but changed my mind last second.
Yeah, I wanted to do it soooooo bad but, it just had "bad ending" written all over it. I did take a look see. When the blood all drained from Medb's face and she banished MC from elf land... I knew. Playing the "grace" path just confirmed it. Too much stuff (including sword fighting lessons) to miss out on.

Elduriel

Engaged Member
Donor
Mar 28, 2021
what I'm seeing here as somewhat of a nuisance is the branching getting a bit much, both with the LIs and the story (not sure how significant our decisions will be but I don't think they are there just for flair). How the discussion goes with the fam (friendly, confrontational, burn all the bridges), do you kill her or not... will need a lot of saves. And then multiply that for all the LIs. And I expect that once MC is back home, there will be again decisions to make and a big confrontation with the templars and family.

xapican

Devoted Member
May 11, 2020
There is another reason not to kill them and that is training. It could well be that the MC will be able to make good use of them in the future. It doesn't matter whether you are on the Medb/Finnabair path or not.
You need the Kaija training, to get an achievement when with Nightingale, for example.
one thing in clear at this point, to me this VN is not black and white, what I mean there is no such as siding with Alfar or siding with Templars.
You just can choose with whom you have more affinity, as MC you must unite 2 partys to face the 3rd party, that is probably why for example Fiona, Kari, and Kate exist in the whole story.

Reactions: minibaer12

HiP1

Dec 3, 2023
if Medb's brother lived among the Alfar and was accepted as full member of their people, as as family by some, there could have been someone that married him, and maybe there has been half elves that were born from him. or did he just go back to marry a human and was brought into the templar by her ? :D

if Alfar-human kids are possible, then Medb and MC's kid could help the peace. get to fucking right now !!! :D

• Yay, new update!
Reactions: nitkonikic

nitkonikic

Sep 17, 2018
You need the Kaija training, to get an achievement when with Nightingale, for example.
one thing in clear at this point, to me this VN is not black and white, what I mean there is no such as siding with Alfar or siding with Templars.
You just can choose with whom you have more affinity, as MC you must unite 2 partys to face the 3rd party, that is probably why for example Fiona, Kari, and Kate exist in the whole story.
Does make me wonder if there will be "bad end" of sorts, for someone who messes everything up.
Super low relation with Kaija, no training. Fuck the templars option with burning bridges. Killing Finnabair.
Granted, this takes some work to select every single "wrong" choice.

Who's left to help MC? Man is completely on his own potentially, considering Fiona is completely optional and Elea can be just friend + she's not a fighter.

Maviarab

Devoted Member
Jul 12, 2020
Does make me wonder if there will be "bad end" of sorts, for someone who messes everything up.
Super low relation with Kaija, no training. Fuck the templars option with burning bridges. Killing Finnabair.

Who's left to help MC? Man is completely on his own potentially, considering Fiona is completely optional and Elea can be just friend + she's not a fighter.
Who says they are the 'wrong choice'...? Hmm...

Wolfram99

Aug 20, 2023

If it goes the the way that the only way for everyone to win is for the MC to lose, ala acting lessons if you go with the ginger nurse from the start then nobody dies.

xapican

Devoted Member
May 11, 2020
Fiona is completely optional and Elea can be just friend + she's not a fighter.
We don't know yet, although it was mentioned a few times that human wizards and souceresses exist, and they are the only faction, besides the "Bad Guy's" left to be introduced.
Regarding bad ending, I don't know, not really, maybe the Human and Alfar get slaved, corruption and Anarchy take over, MC is forced to serve or is humiliated and ends alone. And just for the books: and the jest;
MC :
  • burns all bridges with family
  • Don't join the Templars in their cause
  • Don't get on Fionas good side (ignores her)
  • Kills Finn
  • Don't hookup with Medb
  • Don't get it on with Kaija / cuts all ties with her
  • Don't get it on with Elea
  • Is selfish and egocentrical
  • desdains Kate and Angus
  • Don't get to be friends with Kari
can you tell me for what in the whole fucking hell this person played this VN ?? :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:

PaxHadrian17

Engaged Member
Sep 8, 2020
It's an incredible VN, complicated, full of lore and a very deep and finely wobven story.

I would recommend anyone to at least have one save for that decision if they are serious about this VN, purely to get extra information that inevitibly will be seen that you will be unable to get anywhere else (as every other path has). It would also seem that branch will differ heavily from the other.
I get what you are saying, and I had no problem with two Kaija saves (no love and high love) as well as the matching family choices (burn bridges and leave the door open).

I just could not kill Finnabair; add in the impact on the Medb path and I can - at least for now - be perfectly fine with missing out on the resulting path/lore.

I could find a compelling reason to change my mind after another 5/6 releases but that is for some time in 2025.

Cheers!! :coffee:

xapican

Devoted Member
May 11, 2020
He mentioned killing Finnabair, that must the most wrong choice one could make but super low Kaija and fuck the templars are the correct choices. :unsure:
On a serious note: after that jest post, there is no right or wrong choice, just different paths what brings you to an end, plus I don't remember having read about multiple endings, you can play the story at your leisure and what fits your mood and character, only downsides are you don't get certain achievements and you don't get the whole content, that would be my guess.
Like the hells pawn scene in last chapter, If you had training with Kaija and are on either paths Love or just friends, you get the achievement with Nightingale, and some points with her, if not than not you survive that anyway, just no achievement and no respect with the head huntress, different dialoge.

nitkonikic

Sep 17, 2018
We don't know yet, although it was mentioned a few times that human wizards and souceresses exist, and they are the only faction, besides the "Bad Guy's" left to be introduced.
Regarding bad ending, I don't know, not really, maybe the Human and Alfar get slaved, corruption and Anarchy take over, MC is forced to serve or is humiliated and ends alone. And just for the books: and the jest;
MC :
  • Kills Finn
  • Don't hookup with Medb
can you tell me for what in the whole fucking hell this person played this VN ?? :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:
Ever tried playing Intertwined without any girls? BaDiK?
Navigated minefields of wet pussy in hopes of reaching the dry shore?

Half of the joy of playing VNs with tons of branching and girls is doing a playthrough without any, just to see if dev wasted time developing routes for weird people.
Sometimes I wonder what their thought process making those scenes are. Is it even worth the time spent making those scenes?
Don't know, but I love seeing them.

As for "bad ending", I doubt it despite asking the question. If anything, it might end just with MC cutting ties with absolutely everyone from his life (potentially even his sister), and moving away to start new life with new people.

Minor edit: I expect story will still flow to one conclusion, and MC will side with "good guys", which will, my guess, be both Templars and Alfar. Then end scenes will play based on girl.

motseer

Engaged Member
Dec 17, 2021
MC :
  • Kills Finn
  • Don't hookup with Medb
Well, damn, aren't you just a stick in the mud. Remind me not to invite you to any parties. With you around it's likely there will be a fake cop raid, everyone will get fake arrested and sold into real slavery... just as everyone was about to jump in the pool naked.

• Haha
Reactions: xapican

xapican

Devoted Member
May 11, 2020
Ever tried playing Intertwined without any girls? BaDiK?
former yes, latter and AL as well, I get a rush only by reading the name of them. and I consider it a disrespect to any Dev (Including Dr Pink) to talk about other VN in their thread.
but I get your point and to be honest I did it with this one as well, just out of jest and fun. and there is still a story developing.

4.40 star(s) 47 Votes