VN Ren'Py The Neverwhere Tales [v0.5.0] [Ceolag]

4.40 star(s) 47 Votes

nitkonikic

Sep 17, 2018
former yes, latter and AL as well, I get a rush only by reading the name of them. and I consider it a disrespect to any Dev (Including Dr Pink) to talk about other VN in their thread.
but I get your point and to be honest I did it with this one as well, just out of jest and fun. and there is still a story developing.
Meant no offense to anyone by mentioning other VNs, just used them as example that running no-girl route can be fun, even if not intended by dev in any way.

• Red Heart
Reactions: xapican

Raziel_8

Engaged Member
Dec 4, 2017
Meant no offense to anyone by mentioning other VNs, just used them as example that running no-girl route can be fun, even if not intended by dev in any way.
Hm, depends on the game.
In the games you mentioned i don't see the point, because the girls are the story, or at least the interesting part. Slice of life and college are just plain boring imo it depends wholy on the LI's to make it interesting.
In a game like this where you have a actuall story it can be interesting just to see how the story, factions and characters will change.

Last edited:

Grumpy Old Aussie

Engaged Member
May 6, 2023
If it goes the the way that the only way for everyone to win is for the MC to lose, ala acting lessons if you go with the ginger nurse from the start then nobody dies.
Oh bugger, now I have to go back and play that again. I totally forgot about that and didn't go back and play that path.

On a serious note: after that jest post, there is no right or wrong choice, just different paths what brings you to an end, plus I don't remember having read about multiple endings, you can play the story at your leisure and what fits your mood and character, only downsides are you don't get certain achievements and you don't get the whole content, that would be my guess.
Like the hells pawn scene in last chapter, If you had training with Kaija and are on either paths Love or just friends, you get the achievement with Nightingale, and some points with her, if not than not you survive that anyway, just no achievement and no respect with the head huntress, different dialoge.
I'm running a half dozen saves, I can see I'm going to have to increase that to 999 saves at this rate :D. I still have one achievement to go back to get from Chapter One. I don' know how I missed it. Then again, I don't usually worry about achievements. This VN I probably will. Its different.

We don't know yet, although it was mentioned a few times that human wizards and souceresses exist, and they are the only faction, besides the "Bad Guy's" left to be introduced.
Regarding bad ending, I don't know, not really, maybe the Human and Alfar get slaved, corruption and Anarchy take over, MC is forced to serve or is humiliated and ends alone. And just for the books: and the jest;
MC :
  • burns all bridges with family
  • Don't join the Templars in their cause
  • Don't get on Fionas good side (ignores her)
  • Kills Finn
  • Don't hookup with Medb
  • Don't get it on with Kaija / cuts all ties with her
  • Don't get it on with Elea
  • Is selfish and egocentrical
  • desdains Kate and Angus
  • Don't get to be friends with Kari
can you tell me for what in the whole fucking hell this person played this VN ?? :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:
That would be me :D because I can see in this game I'm going to have to play every path just to see what happens. I won't be able to help myself and that it is a bloody good thing to want to do.

Nice ending options. I'm sure Ceolag will be inspired to go down those paths :ROFLMAO:. I have to wonder if the magic users are the bad guys behind the scenes conspiring in their towers and caves to capture all humanity in a blaze of fire and devastation... OR they might be the cavalry arriving in the nick of time to save the day... OR maybe they are just nice people and will invite us over for a barbie in between genocidal demon attacks?

• Yay, new update!
Reactions: xapican and motseer

Wolfram99

Aug 20, 2023
We don't know yet, although it was mentioned a few times that human wizards and souceresses exist, and they are the only faction, besides the "Bad Guy's" left to be introduced.
Regarding bad ending, I don't know, not really, maybe the Human and Alfar get slaved, corruption and Anarchy take over, MC is forced to serve or is humiliated and ends alone. And just for the books: and the jest;
MC :
  • burns all bridges with family
  • Don't join the Templars in their cause
  • Don't get on Fionas good side (ignores her)
  • Kills Finn
  • Don't hookup with Medb
  • Don't get it on with Kaija / cuts all ties with her
  • Don't get it on with Elea
  • Is selfish and egocentrical
  • desdains Kate and Angus
  • Don't get to be friends with Kari
can you tell me for what in the whole fucking hell this person played this VN ?? :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:
I would add to the list:
Kicks Orla :KEK:, for that finality in Fiona's path.

xapican

Devoted Member
May 11, 2020
Bullsharks love estuaries here. They fit in well with the crocs, rays, stingers and everything else that wants to kill you :ROFLMAO:
Oh the rays, cute little fellas we got over here, as well, fortunately although I live on the shore of the biggest estuary the water is to cold for Bull sharks, hence the rays get a bit bigger 1725504762266.png :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:

minibaer12

Oct 1, 2023
You need the Kaija training, to get an achievement when with Nightingale, for example.
one thing in clear at this point, to me this VN is not black and white, what I mean there is no such as siding with Alfar or siding with Templars.
You just can choose with whom you have more affinity, as MC you must unite 2 partys to face the 3rd party, that is probably why for example Fiona, Kari, and Kate exist in the whole story.
Right, that's why I have a "warrior path". Here I not only have Medb, but also, for me, the unloved Kaija on board to get as much training as possible. No idea how the story will develop, whether I need it or not, we'll see.

And if not, let's see what the two ladies do with my MC when they find out that he's been playing two-pronged on this path. Could be fun.

4.40 star(s) 47 Votes