VN Ren'Py The Neverwhere Tales [v0.5.0] [Ceolag]

4.40 star(s) 47 Votes

Raziel_8

Engaged Member
Dec 4, 2017

motseer

Engaged Member
Dec 17, 2021
This would be my guess! I mean the dude is no prize. When I replay this again I'm gonna name him Edgar 'cause all I can see is this

I am literally roflmao... are you thinin' what I'm thinkin'? This would actually be an improvement... at least give him a bit of facial hair and shorten up the forehead... :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

• Haha
Reactions: RNasc4444

Dessolos

Devoted Member
Jul 25, 2017
Just take a long, good look at this
View attachment 4004347
Can you blame those ladies :whistle:
This would be my guess! I mean the dude is no prize. When I replay this again I'm gonna name him Edgar 'cause all I can see is this

what's funny is I forgot how ugly the MC is then when I played the update it was a big shock cause I forgot how the MC looks. Someone I know said this MC reminds him a bit of the actor that plays MR robot

Elduriel

Engaged Member
Donor
Mar 28, 2021
what's funny is I forgot how ugly the MC is then when I played the update it was a big shock cause I forgot how the MC looks. Someone I know said this MC reminds him a bit of the actor that plays MR robot
you're not wrong, he kinda does loke like Rami Malek

Grumpy Old Aussie

Engaged Member
May 6, 2023
My take on the MC's looks. I think the point is, the MC is just an average Joe all this is happening too. The girls are choosing him because he has sparked their interest not because he is the local handsome bad boy who dicks everything that moves. This isn't a hunk-fucks-everything-that-moves game. You're in the wrong place. You have to push the right buttons or they will say no (Helena, Kate, Kari, etc)

Elea is a very intelligent girl and has chosen him from all the other guys because she sees him as husband material. As someone who will see beyond her quirks and not hump and dump the weird girl.

Fiona is ancient and has probably had a 1000 super hot knights and warriors, but she is attracted to the MC because of who he is as a person not because he is a hunk. I bet she is sick and tired of shallow relationships after 1000s of years, has probably shagged in every possible way countless times. Kari is the same, she is ancient and she isn't interested in just jumping in to bed with people. They have to really work at capturing her interest, Fiona likewise.

Medb has a lot to lose. Loving a human will be a huge scandal. If she goes after the MC she is risking a lot so it better be true love or she is fucking up her life for nothing. So she is not seeing the MC as hunk, but as a human male who has something different about him, not for personal looks which is kinda the point of it all.

Kaija has multiple personalities (I've met plenty of those women ugh), so loving Kaija is interested in him because of their shared history. She wasn't interested in him sexually or attracted to him. It grew in to love as they lived together and their relationship grew. Bitch Kaija is not attracted to him, doesn't love him. He is just a plain guy and of no real interest to her as an LI, just as a friend due to their shared history.

So if you want to play as a super hot MC that girls fawn over then this is probably the wrong game for you.

Wolfram99

Aug 20, 2023
Elea is a very intelligent girl and has chosen him from all the other guys because she sees him as husband material. As someone who will see beyond her quirks and not hump and dump the weird girl.
Hard to agree since we dont even see any other males in the workplace, or how she interacts with others.
Kari is the same, she is ancient and she isn't interested in just jumping in to bed with people.
I would say the opposite, since the humans to her may be just a fun time, esp. given that the MC has affiliations with Templars and has some weird powers.
"Realistically" to the long lived races the humans are just a blimp in their lifetime, it can be a very nice and bright blimp, but still a blimp.

Grumpy Old Aussie

Engaged Member
May 6, 2023
Hard to agree since we dont even see any other males in the workplace, or how she interacts with others.

I would say the opposite, since the humans to her may be just a fun time, esp. given that the MC has affiliations with Templars and has some weird powers.
"Realistically" to the long lived races the humans are just a blimp in their lifetime, it can be a very nice and bright blimp, but still a blimp.
We don't see Elea interacting with other guys because she has already made up her mind as to who she wants. Anyway, that was just how I see it, others will have their own thoughts on the debate about the MC's looks and that's fine.

Individual girls aside, the point I was trying to make was the MC isn't suppose to be a hunk with a harem. He is suppose to be an average Joe that is having extraordinary things happen to him.

Reactions: Maviarab

Wolfram99

Aug 20, 2023
We don't see Elea interacting with other guys because she has already made up her mind as to who she wants. Anyway, that was just how I see it, others will have their own thoughts on the debate about the MC's looks and that's fine.

Individual girls aside, the point I was trying to make was the MC isn't suppose to be a hunk with a harem. He is suppose to be an average Joe that is having extraordinary things happen to him.
The spidey sense and succubus resistance make him already an outlier in terms of being average, his upbringing may have been normal, but his blood ain't.
He's no Chad McThundercock, so far......

yossa999

Engaged Member
Dec 5, 2020
I really don't get it.
Sigh... If only that was the only thing you didn't get...

Man, these girls look no significally better or worse than the main LIs, seriously, if you see a 700x difference between them, then most likely you are turned on by very specific things, I don't know, the shape of the earlobes or the length of the right pinky...

Wait a minute, the first one is the same model as Tara on your pfp, right? Admit that you showed the other two just to distract attention from your favorite, you dirty Tara's simp! :BootyTime:

Ceolag

Donor
Game Developer
Sep 6, 2020
ch6_preview_1.png

Hey everyone,

a weird week that was.
Of course, the day job was pretty hectic due to the start of the month and getting back to it after 2 weeks of vacation but that was to be expected.
I'm glad it's finally Friday (part 1).

The other thing was (is...) the Steam release today.
I didn't expect it to make me that nervous and I spent more time checking various Steam statistics throughout the week than I'd like to admit. ;-)
The build is ready and today I'm running some last tests on it.
I don't expect any bugs, it's just the anxious me wanting to double and triple-check everything.
The release will be later today, probably in the late afternoon/early evening (CEST).
I'm glad it's finally Friday (part 2).

I still managed to get a bit of writing done and started setting up the first renders for Chapter 6.
The first scene is mostly done (including renders), and scenes 2-5 are written (but not all of them in code yet).

The first numbers for Chapter 6:
26 static renders
0 animations
425 lines in the script file

Damn... Early development always looks sad...

I guess that's it for now.
Have a nice weekend, guys.

Cheers,
Ceolag

PaxHadrian17

Engaged Member
Sep 8, 2020
View attachment 4005469

Hey everyone,

a weird week that was.
Of course, the day job was pretty hectic due to the start of the month and getting back to it after 2 weeks of vacation but that was to be expected.

I didn't expect it to make me that nervous and I spent more time checking various Steam statistics throughout the week than I'd like to admit. ;-)
I don't expect any bugs, it's just the anxious me wanting to double and triple-check everything.
The release will be later today, probably in the late afternoon/early evening (CEST).

I still managed to get a bit of writing done and started setting up the first renders for Chapter 6.
The first scene is mostly done (including renders), and scenes 2-5 are written (but not all of them in code yet).

26 static renders
0 animations

Cheers,
Ceolag
Thanks Ceolag - I ended jumping the gun on you by posting the dev log, so I'll delete my post in favor of the way you keep us all informed!

Cheers!! :coffee:

Ceolag

Donor
Game Developer
Sep 6, 2020
Thanks Ceolag - I ended jumping the gun on you by posting the dev log, so I'll delete my post in favor of the way you keep us all informed!

Sorry, Pax.
Didn't see your message when I was writing mine. Took me a while because copy&paste fucked up the formatting. :)
As with the Chapters before, I intend to share everything that's public on Patreon here too.

PaxHadrian17

Engaged Member
Sep 8, 2020
Sorry, Pax.
Didn't see your message when I was writing mine. Took me a while because copy&paste fucked up the formatting. :)
As with the Chapters before, I intend to share everything that's public on Patreon here too.
No worries - you are one of the devs that interacts well with the F95 community, and I'll always put you first when it comes to posting.

Thanks, not just for the great story, but for bringing us into the tale a bit - answering questions and helping with lore, etc.

Have a great weekend and I'm already looking forward to more sneak previews!

ename144

Engaged Member
Sep 20, 2018
View attachment 4005469

Hey everyone,

a weird week that was.

26 static renders
0 animations

Cheers,
Ceolag
Seeing as we're getting proper numbers, might as well make the new development cycle official by giving it some charts. If we assume development on Chapter 6 began on August 9*, Ceolag has been averaging approximately 6.5 statics, 0.0 animations, and 106 lines per week so far in this dev cycle. Here are the charts:
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
As Ceolag said, the lines always look small at the start, but they should improve markedly by next week as the cycle settles down.

Meanwhile, we have our one preview image. Interesting that the MC seems to be leaving at night rather than the following morning as Medb had previously implied. Guess we'll have to wait and see if there's any significance to that detail.

motseer

Engaged Member
Dec 17, 2021
My take on the MC's looks. I think the point is, the MC is just an average Joe all this is happening too. The girls are choosing him because he has sparked their interest not because he is the local handsome bad boy who dicks everything that moves. This isn't a hunk-fucks-everything-that-moves game. You're in the wrong place. You have to push the right buttons or they will say no (Helena, Kate, Kari, etc)

Fiona is ancient and has probably had a 1000 super hot knights and warriors, but she is attracted to the MC because of who he is as a person not because he is a hunk. I bet she is sick and tired of shallow relationships after 1000s of years, has probably shagged in every possible way countless times. Kari is the same, she is ancient and she isn't interested in just jumping in to bed with people. They have to really work at capturing her interest, Fiona likewise.

Medb has a lot to lose. Loving a human will be a huge scandal. If she goes after the MC she is risking a lot so it better be true love or she is fucking up her life for nothing. So she is not seeing the MC as hunk, but as a human male who has something different about him, not for personal looks which is kinda the point of it all.

Kaija has multiple personalities (I've met plenty of those women ugh), so loving Kaija is interested in him because of their shared history. She wasn't interested in him sexually or attracted to him. It grew in to love as they lived together and their relationship grew. Bitch Kaija is not attracted to him, doesn't love him. He is just a plain guy and of no real interest to her as an LI, just as a friend due to their shared history.

So if you want to play as a super hot MC that girls fawn over then this is probably the wrong game for you.
Couldn't agree more with all you say here, GOA. Still, just a little bit less forehead woulda been nice... :ROFLMAO::oops::cool:

• Haha
Reactions: Grumpy Old Aussie

RNasc4444

Aug 16, 2022
Sigh... If only that was the only thing you didn't get...

Man, these girls look no significally better or worse than the main LIs, seriously, if you see a 700x difference between them, then most likely you are turned on by very specific things, I don't know, the shape of the earlobes or the length of the right pinky...

Wait a minute, the first one is the same model as Tara on your pfp, right? Admit that you showed the other two just to distract attention from your favorite, you dirty Tara's simp! :BootyTime:
Hey, I'm nothing if not consistent. I have a type and I know damn well what I like :cool:

We all know it's a pointless exercise to argue taste as we all have our own preferences. What I do argue is the models and how almost all of them look a little "off" here and there to me. Take Kaija for example. No one can say say she isn't a smokeshow. But at the same time I can't pretend I don't notice the heavy masculine features of her face that turn me off.

Still that won't keep me from enjoying the game. I've never done a sexless, "evil" playthrough in any AVN because it's not my style. I will here because it's what "fits best" imo.

4.40 star(s) 47 Votes