VN Ren'Py The Neverwhere Tales [v0.5.0] [Ceolag]

4.40 star(s) 47 Votes

e6mill

Aug 4, 2022
Good for you, HP. I knew you wouldn't fall for it. It was such an obvious ruse... I mean, she did try to kill you... twice...
Knew a dude who married a girl after she pulled a gun on him. She'd quit drinking in-between, but it still didn't work out (unsurprisingly). He's still alive tho - which I was skeptical about for awhile there. IDK what her status is these days.

motseer

Engaged Member
Dec 17, 2021
Knew a dude who married a girl after she pulled a gun on him. She'd quit drinking in-between, but it still didn't work out (unsurprisingly). He's still alive tho - which I was skeptical about for awhile there. IDK what her status is these days.
Dumb luck. They do say it's better to be lucky than good...

John972

Apr 24, 2018
to be fair it's very easy to overlook, didn't catch it either at first. Also I was hoping for an LI not connected to all the templar BS, but it looks like we're shit out of luck on that :ROFLMAO:
I mean to see certain reensemblace or is it just me ?
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
After the whole Katja thing, it's hard to believe that every earthside female LI isn't some sort of plant to get close to the MC for whatever reason. As a case in point - are Linnae and Elea aware of each other's interactions with the MC? If so, are they deliberately hiding their connection from the MC?

Grumpy Old Aussie

Engaged Member
May 6, 2023
After the whole Katja thing, it's hard to believe that every earthside female LI isn't some sort of plant to get close to the MC for whatever reason. As a case in point - are Linnae and Elea aware of each other's interactions with the MC? If so, are they deliberately hiding their connection from the MC?
Elea could be the Daughter who was orphaned when the couple were killed on patrol or she could be Linnaes, or nothing to do with anyone. All speculation at the moment but if I had to bet, I'd bet on Linnae's daughter. If she is Linnae's daughter, Linnae certainly knows about Elea, Elea doesn't know about her mother.

Reactions: motseer and John972

nitkonikic

Sep 17, 2018
Can't wait for inevitable:
"Oh my daughter, you have no idea how much I love you. It hurt me so much to leave you. But my job is no place for family, and you would be in danger. Sure, I could have left the order or taken one of the desk jobs, but what we are doing matters. Not like you don't matter, just my job matters more.
And what's wrong with growing up with only 1 parent anyway? It grows character."

Sorry, it just seems to me like this VN is filled with horrible parent figures. Not surprising, considering they're all templars so far.

Grumpy Old Aussie

Engaged Member
May 6, 2023
"Oh my daughter, you have no idea how much I love you. It hurt me so much to leave you. But my job is no place for family, and you would be in danger. Sure, I could have left the order or taken one of the desk jobs, but what we are doing matters. Not like you don't matter, just my job matters more.
And what's wrong with growing up with only 1 parent anyway? It grows character."

Sorry, it just seems to me like this VN is filled with horrible parent figures. Not surprising, considering they're all templars so far.
I politely disagree. Elea's dad sounded like a decent dad.

Linnae chose the Templars over her family. Her and her husband made a difficult choice right or wrong. Linnae has plenty of regrets over it all. I think she is less a bad parent and more someone who made a tough decision and sacrificed her life for a her family. Whether that decision is right or wrong is up to the player, but I give her kudos for trying to do the right thing as she saw it. It didn't involve lying and manipulating her child for its entire life...

nitkonikic

Sep 17, 2018
I politely disagree. Elea's dad sounded like a decent dad.

Linnae chose the Templars over her family. Her and her husband made a difficult choice right or wrong. Linnae has plenty of regrets over it all. I think she is less a bad parent and more someone who made a tough decision and sacrificed her life for a her family. Whether that decision is right or wrong is up to the player, but I give her kudos for trying to do the right thing as she saw it. It didn't involve lying and manipulating her child for its entire life...
Regret after action is still after action.

She made a decision to focus on her job and leave her family. Or more precisely, they left (assumption is they, as it was never explicitly mentioned it's son/daughter/whatever, husband is only known entity) after she was told to make a choice.

But I admit, that is my personal bias as I've known a kid growing up whose mom left him and how often he'd be sad while we were young.
I absolutely loathe parents that abandoned their children. Words cannot describe how much hatred I feel for those people.
That's kind of why I'll never like Linnae, no matter how nice she acts (which I also don't trust, but that's different topic).

I'll say one thing, still think she was BETTER parent than MCs parents, considering their actions had good chance of actively ruining their sons life, so at least she "just stayed away".
But, as far as we know, she didn't contact her child (if there is one) after husband left. So child grew up with 1 parent only.

On topic of Elea's dad, yep, by all accounts he was amazing, so I was wrong in saying all parents in this VN sucked so far.
Huh, so there's even a chance that only good parent in game is the one who decided he wants nothing to do with Templars (if Linnae is Elea's mom).

Grumpy Old Aussie

Engaged Member
May 6, 2023
Regret after action is still after action.

She made a decision to focus on her job and leave her family. Or more precisely, they left (assumption is they, as it was never explicitly mentioned it's son/daughter/whatever, husband is only known entity) after she was told to make a choice.

But I admit, that is my personal bias as I've known a kid growing up whose mom left him and how often he'd be sad while we were young.
I absolutely loathe parents that abandoned their children. Words cannot describe how much hatred I feel for those people.
That's kind of why I'll never like Linnae, no matter how nice she acts (which I also don't trust, but that's different topic).

I'll say one thing, still think she was BETTER parent than MCs parents, considering their actions had good chance of actively ruining their sons life, so at least she "just stayed away".
But, as far as we know, she didn't contact her child (if there is one) after husband left. So child grew up with 1 parent only.

On topic of Elea's dad, yep, by all accounts he was amazing, so I was wrong in saying all parents in this VN sucked so far.
Huh, so there's even a chance that only good parent in game is the one who decided he wants nothing to do with Templars (if Linnae is Elea's mom).
Fair enough. I understand your reasoning. I was coming from a direction of her protecting her family and living her life without them, but its a shitty situation all around. I just saw her as making a sacrifice. But I see why others would not agree. That is why I said politely disagree, I understand people will see it differently.

motseer

Engaged Member
Dec 17, 2021
"Oh my daughter, you have no idea how much I love you. It hurt me so much to leave you.
Nah, becoming a parent changes everything... at least, it should. If it doesn't, don't come explaining a quarter of my life later. Just stay the hell away.

motseer

Engaged Member
Dec 17, 2021
Unlikely remeber that she told you about her Dad? , and the other girl both parents got Killed, my suspicion is Nighingale, or Kaija latter unlikely since she was raised how someone pointed out by her Grandpa, and not by a distant aunt.
Sooooo.... if MC wants to have a relationship with Elea, it might be a good idea to not fuck the arrogant Valkyrie bitch?

• Thinking Face
Reactions: HornyyPussy

nitkonikic

Sep 17, 2018
Nah, becoming a parent changes everything... at least, it should. If it doesn't, don't come explaining a quarter of my life later. Just stay the hell away.
I agree, though the image needs a bit more
(Warning: Very loud and flashy)

Grumpy Old Aussie

Engaged Member
May 6, 2023
Unlikely remeber that she told you about her Dad? , and the other girl both parents got Killed, my suspicion is Nighingale, or Kaija latter unlikely since she was raised how someone pointed out by her Grandpa, and not by a distant aunt.
I agree, I think Elea is Linnae's daughter and I suspect Kaija is the child of the dead couple. We just don't know anything for sure yet...

4.40 star(s) 47 Votes