VN Ren'Py The Neverwhere Tales [v0.5.0] [Ceolag]

4.40 star(s) 47 Votes

xapican

Devoted Member
May 11, 2020
Since creatures are popping up that most thought was gone or are acting out of character. What's the chances that the dark elves are behind all of this.
a good one, I think, anyway they aren't acting alone for all matters.
I got curious about Fionas Family, to be honest, just hope next update sheds a bit of light into that part of the story

xapican

Devoted Member
May 11, 2020
That's not really compatible with telling her to mind her own business when the MC gets back from his impromptu vacation with a group that just declared war on Kaija.
I agree with that take for the L path, just one tiny observation, the Àlfar, did not declare a war, they are just hostile and feel threated by Humans, presence in Neverwhere, which is the hub to other worlds.

xapican

Devoted Member
May 11, 2020
good point, we may discuss this one and come to no conclusion, It can be seen as one, still it is not an open war declaration.
Nothing what would justify the Templars, to gather forces, and strike first nor give the Alfar the excuse to kill every human in Neverwhere.

Reactions: Grumpy Old Aussie

nitkonikic

Sep 17, 2018
That's kinda implicit in kidnapping someone's top general and demanding they dismantle their defensive forces for his return though.
And how come no one talked about attempted MCs kidnapping?
Alfar say it wasn't them. Templars think it was them...

They are (both) too stuck in their prejudices to stop and talk about that one for a second, and realize someone is pulling strings from behind the curtain.

Reactions: PaxHadrian17

ename144

Engaged Member
Sep 20, 2018
I agree with that take for the L path, just one tiny observation, the Àlfar, did not declare a war, they are just hostile and feel threated by Humans, presence in Neverwhere, which is the hub to other worlds.
Medb specifically says the MC needs to leave Alfheim the following morning because the Alfar are going to declare war on the Templars and he'll become a prisoner if he stays any longer. I take that to mean that by the time the MC sees Kaija again the war will be on. (Though I'm still unclear what 'war' between these two sides means in a practical sense.)

xapican

Devoted Member
May 11, 2020
Medb specifically says the MC needs to leave Alfheim the following morning because the Alfar are going to declare war on the Templars and he'll become a prisoner if he stays any longer. I take that to mean that by the time the MC sees Kaija again the war will be on. (Though I'm still unclear what 'war' between these two sides means in a practical sense.)
Oh that, I didn't register that line, thank's for the heads up !
but still not declared, till nex update we shall see how that plays out, remeber time in Alfheimer runs slowlyer, and MC implicit task is to avoid war, so good plot turn up !

Elduriel

Engaged Member
Donor
Mar 28, 2021
well they easily can have open conflict in neverwhere, nobody gives a shit. On elvish hometurf they will clearly have an advantage, so it's unlikely the templars would attempt that. Same in reverse, if they want to stir shit up in our world, that would probably mean dealing not just with templars but human authorities as well (Medb explained why this is a really bad idea)

Elduriel

Engaged Member
Donor
Mar 28, 2021
Also a question I haven't seen discussed... are the templars stupid? They should access to the best weapons humans invented, or more (looking at that suit for example). But at most we see a few handguns. And they intend to fight the elves who clearly have an advantage in close quarters with that and fucking swords? Where are them M4s, RPGs? I don't care how "powerful" Mab or Medb is, they won't shake off a well placed shot from a sniper rifle, so I don't know why everyone is so afraid of them. Even equipped with just conventional firearms elves armed with swords and bows would not be a threat at all to humans. So I hope this will be addressed later on, because it really bugs me.

Grumpy Old Aussie

Engaged Member
May 6, 2023
Since creatures are popping up that most thought was gone or are acting out of character. What's the chances that the dark elves are behind all of this.
A very good chance, I have wondered the same thing.

And how come no one talked about attempted MCs kidnapping?
Alfar say it wasn't them. Templars think it was them...

They are (both) too stuck in their prejudices to stop and talk about that one for a second, and realize someone is pulling strings from behind the curtain.
Definitely a good point. I asked myself the same question. The MC has a lot going on, but I'd certainly be looking for answers after my chat with Medb. Whoever is pulling the strings is using Elf/Templar hostility to cover their actions. Is the MC a target still? Was it just to add fuel to fire because his father was kidnapped? Lots o questions to answer.

Also a question I haven't seen discussed... are the templars stupid? They should access to the best weapons humans invented, or more (looking at that suit for example). But at most we see a few handguns. And they intend to fight the elves who clearly have an advantage in close quarters with that and fucking swords? Where are them M4s, RPGs? I don't care how "powerful" Mab or Medb is, they won't shake off a well placed shot from a sniper rifle, so I don't know why everyone is so afraid of them. Even equipped with just conventional firearms elves armed with swords and bows would not be a threat at all to humans. So I hope this will be addressed later on, because it really bugs me.
Yes the Templar's are stupid. Next. Joking.
The Templars could conceivably use drones as well, assuming that get the drones through the gateways in to Alfheim. I don't think all the elves use swords and bows. Ailleal (yeah spelt wrong) said some elves are traditionalists like him while others like more modern weapons and armor like Finn. The big thing for me is, how are a few hundred Templar soldiers going to stop thousands of Alfar? Will the humans of Neverwhere aid them? What does a war against humans mean? Just the Templars? All humans in Neverwhere? All humans everywhere? Hopefully, Ceolag will provide us with a better picture in the chapters ahead.

Reactions: ename144

Elduriel

Engaged Member
Donor
Mar 28, 2021
The big thing for me is, how are a few hundred Templar soldiers going to stop thousands of Alfar?
The whole conflict is stupid, if the templars weren't incompetent, and wanted to actually finish off the elves, and wasn't a fantasy story, they would show up at their gate geared for war with some APCs (I'm sure you can get those in Neverwhere), take care of the guards, go in, find their city with a drone (shouldn't be hard), then bomb the shit out of it with artillery until nothing remained. If they wanted to get really nasty with it, they could use chemical or similar weapons too. Geneva convention doesn't apply there. There, problem solved. But I guess they will just fight with swords :KEK:

• Haha
Reactions: Grumpy Old Aussie

nitkonikic

Sep 17, 2018
go in, find their city with a drone (shouldn't be hard), then bomb the shit out of it with artillery until nothing remained. If they wanted to get really nasty with it, they could use chemical or similar weapons too. Geneva convention doesn't apply there. There, problem solved. But I guess they will just fight with swords :KEK:
Listen bud, if there's Durendal, Excalibur, Lady of the lake and so on, there must be Aegis shield lying somewhere around.
Alfar would probably just deploy it around the city or some shit.
Oh, and they do have Air benders, those rockets would never reach city. How would it work? Magic yo!

P.S. Do you really think when Kaija said "We do have honor" she was talking about honor in actions? No man, honorable fights! Swords and bows only. Templars HAVE HONOR! Some people...

• Haha
Reactions: Elduriel

Raziel_8

Engaged Member
Dec 4, 2017
The whole conflict is stupid, if the templars weren't incompetent, and wanted to actually finish off the elves, and wasn't a fantasy story, they would show up at their gate geared for war with some APCs (I'm sure you can get those in Neverwhere), take care of the guards, go in, find their city with a drone (shouldn't be hard), then bomb the shit out of it with artillery until nothing remained. If they wanted to get really nasty with it, they could use chemical or similar weapons too. Geneva convention doesn't apply there. There, problem solved. But I guess they will just fight with swords :KEK:
Probably not that easy to get apc's and artillery trough that cave, which is the entrance.
Also pretty sure they have more modern weapons, seeing things like the city, or that suit Finn wears and you know if they survive the chem/bio weapons the templars use, who says they aren't going to use some magic powerd bio weapons against earth...
Pretty sure the elves have ways to deal with modern military thought, seeing that the humans in neverwhere use better stuff then what they on earth have.

Grumpy Old Aussie

Engaged Member
May 6, 2023
Probably not that easy to get apc's and artillery trough that cave, which is the entrance.
Also pretty sure they have more modern weapons, seeing things like the city, or that suit Finn wears and you know if they survive the chem/bio weapons the templars use, who says they aren't going to use some magic powerd bio weapons against earth...
Pretty sure the elves have ways to deal with modern military thought, seeing that the humans in neverwhere use better stuff then what they on earth have.
I'm sure clarification of all that will come in the chapters ahead assuming it gets to all out conflict. That may not happen. The MC may bring them together and they all sit around singing John Lennon's Imagine :ROFLMAO:

4.40 star(s) 47 Votes