VN Ren'Py The Neverwhere Tales [v0.5.0] [Ceolag]

4.40 star(s) 47 Votes

nitkonikic

Sep 17, 2018
I suggested Linnae before. She was happy to give up her leadership role far too easily. She is disillusioned and happy to stir up trouble in the Templar ranks and leadership. On the hand, would she risk a lot of death and destruction just to reset the Templars?
Can't make omelette without first breaking few eggs.

It wouldn't surprise me if it's only 3rd party, but if it turns out it is Linnae, there are definitely more than a few reasons why she might do it.
Hell, good reasons!

And what would be funniest, it would also mean she was honestly good to MC because she finds him wronged by her organization, and not for any agenda.

Would be nice conflict for MC too. The one honest person is the person he has to stop because ends don't justify the means, and war approach would sacrifice thousands for potential improvement.

(I will also shamelessly plug Ash and Sand trilogy books by Richard Nell where MC does unspeakable horrors and sacrifices thousands, all to build better future for his people)

xapican

Devoted Member
May 11, 2020
Linnae is way too honest and nice. A Templar without hidden agenda? Yeah, right.
Sorry, bro but sometimes seems that you let your prejudgments take over. no offense meant and please don't take it as an attack.
The organization of the Templars you find 2 archtypes, those who are driven by high Ideals, commited to the cause and convinced they do it for the good of humanity.
And those, who see the organization, as a medium to achieve their own goals, hinted by Linnae, and father.
that meaning that a hidden agenda exist, also good possible a organization within the organization. with more mundane goals, than protecting human kind.
I suspect that Philip, ( finacial council) and Jason are the traitors about Maria I'm not shure.
although Jason seems more a paw than a conspirator.
There is one detail as well, in the past there was already an intent for a take over, a war within Templars and Neverwhere cartels.
Plus it is unclear, and for the now ongoing story irrelevant, who ordered the revenge strike against the Cartels in Neverwhere.

nitkonikic

Sep 17, 2018
Sorry, bro but sometimes seems that you let your prejudgments take over. no offense meant and please don't take it as an attack.
The organization of the Templars you find 2 archtypes, those who are driven by high Ideals, commited to the cause and convinced they do it for the good of humanity.
And those, who see the organization, as a medium to achieve their own goals, hinted by Linnae, and father.
that meaning that a hidden agenda exist, also good possible a organization within the organization. with more mundane goals, than protecting human kind.
I suspect that Philip, ( finacial council) and Jason are the traitors about Maria I'm not shure.
although Jason seems more a paw than a conspirator.
There is one detail as well, in the past there was already an intent for a take over, a war within Templars and Neverwhere cartels.
Plus it is unclear, and for the now ongoing story irrelevant, who ordered the revenge strike against the Cartels in Neverwhere.
How dare you?!?! Block, ignore and downvote...actually this is not reddit, so let me just reply instead.

I'll never consider valid arguments as attack.
Guilty as charged. Heavily prejudiced towards Templars, and that definitely clouds how I see Linnae.

As I mentioned in another comment, I don't consider all templars bad, and I definitely think organization is needed as such.
But yes, I am sceptic as hell when it comes to Linnae. She is just too nice.

For possible traitors...others are just, well, too incompetent to be traitors.
That could be intentional of course, to make them less likely, but don't think so.
Steroid Kevin was mentioned as possible, and that could also make sense (bar scene where he keeps looking at MC), but he would only follow orders from someone else. And again, I see Linnae in that role.

Elduriel

Engaged Member
Donor
Mar 28, 2021
How dare you?!?! Block, ignore and downvote...actually this is not reddit, so let me just reply instead.

Guilty as charged. Heavily prejudiced towards Templars, and that definitely clouds how I see Linnae.

As I mentioned in another comment, I don't consider all templars bad, and I definitely think organization is needed as such.

That could be intentional of course, to make them less likely, but don't think so.
Steroid Kevin was mentioned as possible, and that could also make sense (bar scene where he keeps looking at MC), but he would only follow orders from someone else. And again, I see Linnae in that role.
also if there is a traitor they have to be high up the chain to be able to manipulate events to such an extent, a simple soldier wouldn't have the insight, so I think that rules out the likes of steroid Kevin.

xapican

Devoted Member
May 11, 2020

How do you, Benchmark incompetent? (sorry english in not my native lang.) I mean how do you asses, competence in the given situation what is the scale ?
In the situation where the Grandmaster, was abducted, and they had to negotiate, those who took a proactive aproach, were Linnae, Mary, and Jason (William) Philip was more like "oh he is being held hostage, well we have to see what we do...."
William, wanted to start a war, (not very competent nor diplomatic) but at least he tried to do something, (that is why I said he is proactive) Linnae , started to prepare worst case scenario, (trying to recruit someone in the line of the grandmaster, MC), Mary supported her, that the MC run into the squirmish with he hellspawn, no one knew about it, but that wouldn't had happend if Linnae didn't order Kaija to show MC the ropes, in Neverwhere.
What make Philip suspect ? from my angle
1. he is not soo engaged in coming up for a solution as his superior is taken hostage.
2. how he behaved with the sword Durendal, he wanted to give it to MC but didn't tell him about its power nor significance,
he wanted to get a hold of the sword, as well William wanted, anyway if MC keeps the sword it will be much easier to take it back by force as when William has it, (MC is not so skilled in fencing and has no military training, William on the other hand has it.)
3. As chief of the finacial operations, he is the one with connections to manouver MC into the ambush, by pressuring his superiors in the Insurance company how it happend or knowing the decision takers of it.

e6mill

Aug 4, 2022
William, wanted to start a war, (not very competent nor diplomatic) but at least he tried to do something, (that is why I said he is proactive) Linnae , started to prepare worst case scenario, (trying to recruit someone in the line of the grandmaster, MC), Mary supported her, that the MC run into the squirmish with he hellspawn, no one knew about it, but that wouldn't had happend if Linnae didn't order Kaija to show MC the ropes, in
There's an old bit of military wisdom that people fall into 4 categories and you can find jobs for 3 of the 4, but the remaining type is best avoided.
1726417090430.png

Raziel_8

Engaged Member
Dec 4, 2017
Yep, my thoughts as well. DAMN IT MC, MEDB TOLD IT WASN'T THEM THAT TRIED TO KIDNAP YOU, BRING IT UP WITH TEMPLARS FOR FUCKS SAKE!!!
He did. As he came back from his first neverwhere trip, directly after the talk about Durendal, infront of their whole council.
William said Medb is lying and not to be trusted, Linnae said there seems to be more going on than they are aware off, the others seemed to agree with Linnae.

HornyyPussy

Message Maven
Apr 26, 2020
Not a chance that Linnae or Kaija is the traitor. They both have points as LI's and I seriously doubt it's gonna be a potential LI.

Finn's points all went to Medb so we knew she was only temporary unfortunately.....

nitkonikic

Sep 17, 2018
Not a chance that Linnae or Kaija is the traitor. They both have points as LI's and I seriously doubt it's gonna be a potential LI.

Finn's points all went to Medb so we knew she was only temporary unfortunately.....
Linnae is not LI.
She might have some scenes, but not one of main LIs. That's not proof of anything though, and as I said when I wrote my first post about it, it's some deep conspiracy bs, nothing else.

There's a reason I'm not writing books or VNs, I'm a shit author XD

HornyyPussy

Message Maven
Apr 26, 2020
Linnae is not LI.
She might have some scenes, but not one of main LIs. That's not proof of anything though, and as I said when I wrote my first post about it, it's some deep conspiracy bs, nothing else.

There's a reason I'm not writing books or VNs, I'm a shit author XD
Looks like she's a potential LI since she got points as one.

-CookieMonster666-

Devoted Member
Nov 20, 2018
I'm not sure why it's taken so long, but I'm finally playing through Chapter 5 now. Normally the renders in this are decent to actually fairly nice, so I guess this would be an example of how Daz doesn't do the best job with renders under certain lighting conditions or something.
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
Yeesh, that face leans more towards impressionistic than properly rendered. :unsure:

Grumpy Old Aussie

Engaged Member
May 6, 2023
I'm not sure why it's taken so long, but I'm finally playing through Chapter 5 now. Normally the renders in this are decent to actually fairly nice, so I guess this would be an example of how Daz doesn't do the best job with renders under certain lighting conditions or something.
Yeesh, that face leans more towards impressionistic than properly rendered. :unsure:
Yep, DAZ studio is a fickle bitch.

Tulrek

Oct 25, 2020
Play it on Steam the renders have been reworked.

• Wow
Reactions: -CookieMonster666-

-CookieMonster666-

Devoted Member
Nov 20, 2018
if MC keeps the sword it will be much easier to take it back by force as when William has it, (MC is not so skilled in fencing and has no military training, William on the other hand has it.)
I wouldn't be so sure about this point. Don't forget that the sword actively fights aggression, so if William or anyone else tried to take it by force, Durendal would probably help him defend against the attempt. (Unless he gets mobbed like Medb's brother did.) And he's now had several weeks of sword training from Finnabair [:cry:] and even a little from Oberon, if you made that choice. So while the MC still has no military training, I don't know that William would necessarily be able to take the MC's sword from him — unless the MC is stupid and does something like setting the sword somewhere, leaving the room, and returning to find it gone.

xapican

Devoted Member
May 11, 2020
I wouldn't be so sure about this point. Don't forget that the sword actively fights aggression, so if William or anyone else tried to take it by force, Durendal would probably help him defend against the attempt. (Unless he gets mobbed like Medb's brother did.) And he's now had several weeks of sword training from Finnabair [:cry:] and even a little from Oberon, if you made that choice. So while the MC still has no military training, I don't know that William would necessarily be able to take the MC's sword from him — unless the MC is stupid and does something like setting the sword somewhere, leaving the room, and returning to find it gone.
He went to meet Medb and Finnabair after, I was talking from Phillips supposed reasoning in the moment MC and Kaija came back to Headquarters after being in Neverwhere and helped the Alfar in the fray.
At this point, it would be much more difficult to take the sword by force from him, that point is right!

Reactions: Grumpy Old Aussie
4.40 star(s) 47 Votes