VN Ren'Py The Neverwhere Tales [v0.5.0] [Ceolag]

4.40 star(s) 47 Votes

-CookieMonster666-

Devoted Member
Nov 20, 2018
He went to meet Medb and Finnabair after, I was talking from Phillips supposed reasoning in the moment MC and Kaija came back to Headquarters after being in Neverwhere and helped the Alfar in the fray.
At this point, it would be much more difficult to take the sword by force from him, that point is right!
I see, although I doubt his desire for (lust after) it has changed.

Reactions: xapican

Wolfram99

Aug 20, 2023
I wouldn't be so sure about this point. Don't forget that the sword actively fights aggression, so if William or anyone else tried to take it by force, Durendal would probably help him defend against the attempt. (Unless he gets mobbed like Medb's brother did.) And he's now had several weeks of sword training from Finnabair [:cry:] and even a little from Oberon, if you made that choice. So while the MC still has no military training, I don't know that William would necessarily be able to take the MC's sword from him — unless the MC is stupid and does something like setting the sword somewhere, leaving the room, and returning to find it gone.
I can see a sex scene happening where he constantly has to hold the sword while plowing an LI for it to not to get stolen :D
With a pose like this:
knight-medieval-horseman.jpg

Dessolos

Devoted Member
Jul 25, 2017
I can see a sex scene happening where he constantly has to hold the sword while plowing an LI for it to not to get stolen :D
With a pose like this:
View attachment 4042555
haha and this is making me think of that sex scene with a Unicorn with Yennefer in Witcher 3. hypothetically if something like that would happen I'd want it with Medb over Kaija for once haha.

Ceolag

Donor
Game Developer
Sep 6, 2020
ch6_preview_8.png

Hey everyone,

A mediocre week progress-wise lies behind me.
The little one has been ill and at home the whole week and since I had to take care of her it hurt the progress quite a bit.
Given those circumstances, I'm still satisfied with the progress. The first test build is pretty close and I expect to have that ready sometime around next weekend. More on that in the Dev Log next week.

The Steam release discount will run out in about 4 hours which means it has been 2 weeks since the release.
Overall it went pretty well within the frame I hoped for.
Thanks to everybody who helped with the release, bought the game or left a review (they help A LOT with visibility).

I'll keep it short this week because there isn't a lot to talk about, so here are the numbers for this week:
68 new static renders for a total of 170
still 0 animations
150 new lines in the script file for a total of 669

Next week will be hopefully back to normal business in every regard.

Have a nice weekend,
Ceolag

Rehwyn

Apr 10, 2024
If that happens, I'm still going with Fiona's family. Again, they are, so far, the only mentioned 3rd side.
That's not quite true, there's plenty of other 3rd party factions mentioned. The Hellspawn and the Dark Elves, for starters. Wouldn't surprise me at all if they'd allied to take down the Templar and Alfar, and if the dark elves are proficient at illusion magic, it could explain the cloaked Damas that tried to assassinate Medb. But I wouldn't rule out Fiona's family either, since that'd give another narrative tie-in for them. I'm just not sure what their motivation would be, whereas there's a history of the Templar and Alfar allying to fight Hellspawn (and the history of the Dark Elves is unclear).

Speaking of which, it would not surprise me if the same faction killed Finn, since she's Medb's daughter. They may have decided to go after her after they failed with Medb.

On a related note, I suspect Fiona's family comes from the Aos Si (aka the Sidhe). They're essentially the Celtic equivalent of Elves. Could be interesting if she meets Angus/Mac since he's almost certainly one of the Tuatha De Danann, of which the Aos Si are descended.

Edit: As for Angus/Mac's identify, check out , aka Macan Óc.

Last edited:

Maviarab

Devoted Member
Jul 12, 2020

Rehwyn

Apr 10, 2024
Untrue....there is no history...period. Medb makes this clear...they have been 'out of contact' for millenia.
Yes, but why? What have they been up to? Were they enemies of the Elves before cutting contact? That's far from clear. There's no reason they couldn't have been manipulating things or plotting from the shadows.

Thanks, haven't looked at that thread and forgot it existed.

Last edited:
  • Sad
Reactions: xapican

Maviarab

Devoted Member
Jul 12, 2020
Yes, but why? What have they been up to? That's far from clear. There's no reason they couldn't have been manipulating things from the shadows.
Again, it's not 'far from clear'...it's completely unknown as they are never referenced once except by Medb. Unclear and unknown are very different.

Rehwyn

Apr 10, 2024
Again, it's not 'far from clear'...it's completely unknown as they are never referenced once except by Medb. Unclear and unknown are very different.
Technically, Finn mentioned them first. That's how you knew to bring them up with Medb. And if it's been millennia, even Medb might not know the details of why they closed contact since it'd be before her time.

Regardless, doesn't really matter if it's "unknown" vs "unclear"; that's just arguing semantics. Neither prevents them from potentially being a 3rd faction trying to start a war.

-CookieMonster666-

Devoted Member
Nov 20, 2018
That's not quite true, there's plenty of other 3rd party factions mentioned. The Hellspawn and the Dark Elves, for starters. Wouldn't surprise me at all if they'd allied to take down the Templar and Alfir, and if the dark elves are proficient at illusion magic, it could explain the cloaked Damas that tried to against Medb.

Speaking of which, it would not surprise me if the same faction killed Finn, since she's Medb's daughter. They may have decided to go after her after they failed with Medb.

On a related note, I suspect Fiona's family comes from the Aos Si (aka the Sidhe). Could be interesting if she meets Angus/Mac since he's almost certainly one of the Tuatha De Danann, of which the Aos Si are descended.
Yeah, this could get messy really fast. The Templars have a lot of enemies, but I would assume the Álfar also have enemies. They don't for example, know why the Svartálfar have sealed themselves away from everything. It's possible they saw the Templars as an existential threat to them, but it's equally possible it had to do with rivalry with their counterparts. And while I assume they hate every other race, we don't know for sure who the primary initial target of the Hellspawn is. That attack on Medb could have been just as much an actual strike against the Álfar as it was a plot to cause tension with the Templars. There is still a lot to be revealed about this mythos to say with any degree of confidence exactly who all will be involved in the coming conflict.

Last edited:
Reactions: Rehwyn
4.40 star(s) 47 Votes