The No-Stretch-No-Fold- Fabric

Alderamin

Formerly 'Aldee999'
Apr 5, 2018
hi everyone,
by way of introduction I have no idea about rendering or whatever techniques are used to create the wonderful (more or less) models in the games.
Being the observant person that I am I noticed that pretty much every model in clothes looks like they are naked with the clothes spray painted on them. Especially the boobs look like the fabric is glued to the surface without any folds or stretches.
Now I am curious, is that a limitation of the software being used or is it especially difficult to envision models with clothes on? Don't get me wrong, I do not mean it as criticism, as mentioned I have no idea what the process is like. Just being curious.
If this question is in the wrong place, please move it, but I did not find any appropriate section.

Joraell

Betrayed
Donor
Game Developer
Jul 4, 2017
hi everyone,
by way of introduction I have no idea about rendering or whatever techniques are used to create the wonderful (more or less) models in the games.
Being the observant person that I am I noticed that pretty much every model in clothes looks like they are naked with the clothes spray painted on them. Especially the boobs look like the fabric is glued to the surface without any folds or stretches.
Now I am curious, is that a limitation of the software being used or is it especially difficult to envision models with clothes on? Don't get me wrong, I do not mean it as criticism, as mentioned I have no idea what the process is like. Just being curious.
If this question is in the wrong place, please move it, but I did not find any appropriate section.
Mostly it is just lazyness of developer or his incopetent to do job right. If we are talking about static image. In animation it is much more difficult, couse in some cases you must fix it handmade, and fixing every frame is too much time consuming.

Reactions: baloneysammich

215303j

Wasn't there some Daz plug-in or something that takes care of it somewhat?

Joraell

Betrayed
Donor
Game Developer
Jul 4, 2017
Wasn't there some Daz plug-in or something that takes care of it somewhat?

Yes. There is many ways to do this thing. SW like knows it in many possible ways. Dev's usually don't.
1/ You can use morphing to fix the thing. Using assets.
2/ You can use D-former tool to fix a thing
3/ You can use D-force with changing weights or stretching to fix the thing.
4/ You can change the shape.
5/ You can use photoshop or another postrprocessing SW.

Reactions: 215303j