Cheat Mod Ren'Py The Null Hypothesis Cheat Injector [v1.8] [Sleepingkirby]

Jul 13, 2024
What directory are you in when you run that? Because the script is set to run pwd to check the current location. If you're not *IN* the game directory, pwd will return your current directory. i.e. If you're in /Users/a/Downloads when you run that command, your current directory is /Users/a/Downloads, which means the script will run on the wrong directory.
You'll need to call it from within /Users/a/Downloads/TheNullHypothesis.app/Contents/Resources/autorun/game/.
Basically:
Code:
cd /Users/a/Downloads/TheNullHypothesis.app/Contents/Resources/autorun/game/
chmod a+x ./TNH\ Inject.sh
./TNH\ Inject.sh
Last I checked, mac's still have bash in /bin/bash so you don't need to put "sh" in front of the script name to run it.
so that worked and i got the installed message but i can't trigger anything in game

sleepingkirby

Aug 8, 2017
so that worked and i got the installed message but i can't trigger anything in game
There is no "installed message" it just says it's done. This is an important distinction because I didn't write any code to confirm injection so that script cannot know that it's done. Such a code would take a long time for little payoff so I didn't include it.

I point this out because, when you start the game, does it say that cheats have been enabled? (refer to the first screenshot in the OP of this thread)

If not, when you ran the script, did it report any errors?

Jul 13, 2024
-e ################################################################################

-e The Null Hypothesis Cheat Injector

-e Vesrion: 1.5

-e by Sleepingkirby

-e Inspired/based on RL Cheat Injector by SLDR @ F95zone.com

-e ################################################################################

-e Checking if modification has already been done...

-e No backup's found. Safe to progress.

-e Checking to make sure requirements are met.

-e

Files to be editted not found. Is it still in the archive.rpa?

-e Rpatool missing. Downloading

/Users/a/Downloads/TheNullHypothesis.app/Contents/Resources/autorun/game/TNH Inject.sh: line 71: wget: command not found

chmod: ./rpatool: No such file or directory

-e Extracting archive.rpa...

/Users/a/Downloads/TheNullHypothesis.app/Contents/Resources/autorun/game/TNH Inject.sh: line 75: ./rpatool: No such file or directory

cp: ./scripts/base/config.rpy: No such file or directory

Can't open ./scripts/base/config.rpy: No such file or directory.

-e ./scripts/base/config.rpy patched

cp: ./scripts/interface/Player_menu.rpy: No such file or directory

Can't open ./scripts/interface/Player_menu.rpy: No such file or directory.

-e ./scripts/interface/Player_menu.rpy patched

cp: ./scripts/interface/actions.rpy: No such file or directory

Can't open ./scripts/interface/actions.rpy: No such file or directory.

-e ./scripts/interface/actions.rpy patched

cp: ./scripts/mechanics/approval.rpy: No such file or directory

Can't open ./scripts/mechanics/approval.rpy: No such file or directory.

-e ./scripts/mechanics/approval.rpy patched

cp: ./scripts/interface/quick_menu.rpy: No such file or directory

Can't open ./scripts/interface/quick_menu.rpy: No such file or directory.

-e ./scripts/interface/quick_menu.rpy patched

cp: ./scripts/interface/main_menu.rpy: No such file or directory

Can't open ./scripts/interface/main_menu.rpy: No such file or directory.

-e ./scripts/interface/main_menu.rpy patched

-e DONE!

sleepingkirby

Aug 8, 2017

-e The Null Hypothesis Cheat Injector

-e Vesrion: 1.5

-e by Sleepingkirby

-e Inspired/based on RL Cheat Injector by SLDR @ F95zone.com

-e Checking if modification has already been done...

-e No backup's found. Safe to progress.

-e Checking to make sure requirements are met.

-e

Files to be editted not found. Is it still in the archive.rpa?

/Users/a/Downloads/TheNullHypothesis.app/Contents/Resources/autorun/game/TNH Inject.sh: line 71: wget: command not found

chmod: ./rpatool: No such file or directory

/Users/a/Downloads/TheNullHypothesis.app/Contents/Resources/autorun/game/TNH Inject.sh: line 75: ./rpatool: No such file or directory

cp: ./scripts/base/config.rpy: No such file or directory

Can't open ./scripts/base/config.rpy: No such file or directory.

-e ./scripts/base/config.rpy patched

cp: ./scripts/interface/Player_menu.rpy: No such file or directory

-e ./scripts/interface/Player_menu.rpy patched

cp: ./scripts/interface/actions.rpy: No such file or directory

-e ./scripts/interface/actions.rpy patched

cp: ./scripts/mechanics/approval.rpy: No such file or directory

-e ./scripts/mechanics/approval.rpy patched

cp: ./scripts/interface/quick_menu.rpy: No such file or directory

Can't open ./scripts/interface/quick_menu.rpy: No such file or directory.

-e ./scripts/interface/quick_menu.rpy patched

cp: ./scripts/interface/main_menu.rpy: No such file or directory

Can't open ./scripts/interface/main_menu.rpy: No such file or directory.

-e ./scripts/interface/main_menu.rpy patched

-e DONE!
Yeah. There's tons of errors. The problem is here:

Macs apparently don't come with wget preinstalled. Install it and rerun the script.

Jul 13, 2024
Yeah. There's tons of errors. The problem is here:

Macs apparently don't come with wget preinstalled. Install it and rerun the script.

--2024-07-20 15:16:39--

Resolving raw.githubusercontent.com (raw.githubusercontent.com)... 185.199.109.133, 185.199.110.133, 185.199.111.133, ...

Connecting to raw.githubusercontent.com (raw.githubusercontent.com)|185.199.109.133|:443... connected.

HTTP request sent, awaiting response... 200 OK

Length: 18594 (18K) [text/plain]

Saving to: ‘rpatool’

rpatool 100%[===================>] 18.16K --.-KB/s in 0.001s

2024-07-20 15:16:39 (28.6 MB/s) - ‘rpatool’ saved [18594/18594]

Could not extract file from archive: [Errno 2] the requested file . does not exist in the given Ren'Py archive

sleepingkirby

Aug 8, 2017

--2024-07-20 15:16:39--

Resolving raw.githubusercontent.com (raw.githubusercontent.com)... 185.199.109.133, 185.199.110.133, 185.199.111.133, ...

Connecting to raw.githubusercontent.com (raw.githubusercontent.com)|185.199.109.133|:443... connected.

HTTP request sent, awaiting response... 200 OK

Length: 18594 (18K) [text/plain]

Saving to: ‘rpatool’

rpatool 100%[===================>] 18.16K --.-KB/s in 0.001s

2024-07-20 15:16:39 (28.6 MB/s) - ‘rpatool’ saved [18594/18594]

Could not extract file from archive: [Errno 2] the requested file . does not exist in the given Ren'Py archive
Anything else after that? That's a flaw with rpatool and I don't have any control over. It's also a benign error message. If there are no more error messages after that, you should be good.

sleepingkirby

Aug 8, 2017
The Pixel Drain link won't download as it detects a virus
Pixeldrain doesn't have embedded virus detection. That's your browser, OS or antivirus erroneously marking any scripting files as a virus. Feel free to use the github link if the pixeldrain one doesn't work for you. I've released the cheat injector under the GPL v3 open source license so you can read through that it does to verify for yourself that it's not malicious if you need to.

Last edited:

sleepingkirby

Aug 8, 2017
Yeah that doesn't work..
Screenshot_2024-07-28_15-05-33.png
Screenshot_2024-07-28_15-05-47.png

Seems to be working for me. Like you know the in game cap (prior to my cheat being applied) for love and trust is 1000 max at the end of chapter 1, right? If it doesn't work, how do you think I got the values that high?

If it's not working for you, maybe you should give me some info for me to help with other than "it no work"? Like:
  1. What OS and OS version are you using?
  2. What version of the game and cheat are you using?
  3. A screenshot of the screen that you're trying use the cheat on.
  4. Any error messages or logs that showed up.

Girlkisser94

Mar 22, 2023
View attachment 3875214
View attachment 3875215

Seems to be working for me. Like you know the in game cap (prior to my cheat being applied) for love and trust is 1000 max at the end of chapter 1, right? If it doesn't work, how do you think I got the values that high?

If it's not working for you, maybe you should give me some info for me to help with other than "it no work"? Like:
  1. What OS and OS version are you using?
  2. What version of the game and cheat are you using?
  3. A screenshot of the screen that you're trying use the cheat on.
  4. Any error messages or logs that showed up.
Also worked for me, previously I was asking because I had no idea where the buttons for it were, but found them and they work perfectly for me

Reactions: sleepingkirby

sleepingkirby

Aug 8, 2017
Let me explain why I'm so miffed at someone going "That doesn't work."

First:
These?
Screenshot_2024-07-28_16-06-09.png
These are renpy's own buttons. I didn't create them from scratch. These are renpy's own native buttons. If these buttons don't work, your game is fucked as ALL buttons wouldn't work.

The original game without cheats? These are text, not buttons and they look like this:
Screenshot_2024-07-28_16-04-30.png
So if you're looking at buttons, and you're going "those buttons don't work", you have a lot worse things going on with your game than my cheat injector. And if you're somehow looking at black text on white background and then looking at my screenshot of white text on gray background and going "Yep, that's nothing to be concerned about." Like...do you have cataracts?

Second:
"What if the buttons themselves work but they're not doing the thing?"
I hear you might say. The buttons are hooked up to renpy's own SetVariable function. Whenever the game itself raises values on a variable, it's using those exact functions. You can verify this because I open sourced the cheat injector:

If SetVariable() doesn't work, most of the GUI, including walking around, buying things, gaining or spending money, most of it will not work.

Third:
This cheat injector has been downloaded this many times:
Screenshot_2024-07-28_16-12-13.png
If the injector doesn't work, don't you think there's be more complaints than you?

You don't go to a mechanic with your car and just go "my car has a problem". And expect them to be able to fix it. You would describe the problem, ask questions, bring pictures, or, at the very least, bring the car itself. So whenever someone just comes on and goes, "That doesn't work.", what that tells me is you're not interested in fixing the problem. You just want to complain because...pointing out something makes you feel good somehow?

sleepingkirby

Aug 8, 2017
Also worked for me, previously I was asking because I had no idea where the buttons for it were, but found them and they work perfectly for me
I actually updated the screenshots on the opening post because of your question. I didn't realize I missed circling those buttons. Though with how many people popping in and asking where to use the cheat, I'm considering making the feature list not hidden so people can read when they download. It really seems like people are just downloading the cheat injector, running it and not reading anything.

cheatischeat

Jul 30, 2024
Overview:
A script to apply cheats into the game "The Null Hypothesis". Based off of SLDR's Rogue-like cheat injector.
Please refer to the screenshots as to where to click on to use the cheats.

DISCLAIMER: WHEN USING THIS CHEAT, OR EVEN HAVE USED IT ONCE AND REMOVED IT,
PLEASE DO NOT REPORT BUGS TO THE NULL HYPOTHESIS TEAM AS
THE BUGS MAY BE A RESULT OF THE CHEAT.

Please also note that THIS CHEAT DOES NOT TURN ON THE ABILITY TO HAVE SEX EARLY as
that is a scheduled game event. Please see FAQ for full details.

Updated: 2024-06-08
Game/Creator: The Null Hypothesis/Ron Chon
Modder: Sleepingkirby
Mod Version: 1.5
Game Version: 0.5a and above
Language: English

Features:
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Installation:

Reinstallation:

Change-Log:

FAQ:

Will I make an Android version?
- Short answer: No. It's a technological limit.

Why won't <insert character here> have sex with me even thought their love/trust value is over 9k? <insert DBZ meme here>
- Whether or not they have sex with you is not dependent on a numeric value, but on specific event flags. At the time of writing, the characters will need to have said "I love you" first before they are willing to have sex with you.

Can you add that as part of the cheat?
- Short answer: I won't as this is a bad idea.

Download:
Windows:

Linux:

View attachment 3441235 View attachment 3859954 View attachment 3441243 View attachment 3441245 View attachment 3515411
Overview:
A script to apply cheats into the game "The Null Hypothesis". Based off of SLDR's Rogue-like cheat injector.
Please refer to the screenshots as to where to click on to use the cheats.

DISCLAIMER: WHEN USING THIS CHEAT, OR EVEN HAVE USED IT ONCE AND REMOVED IT,
PLEASE DO NOT REPORT BUGS TO THE NULL HYPOTHESIS TEAM AS
THE BUGS MAY BE A RESULT OF THE CHEAT.

Please also note that THIS CHEAT DOES NOT TURN ON THE ABILITY TO HAVE SEX EARLY as
that is a scheduled game event. Please see FAQ for full details.

Updated: 2024-06-08
Game/Creator: The Null Hypothesis/Ron Chon
Modder: Sleepingkirby
Mod Version: 1.5
Game Version: 0.5a and above
Language: English

Features:

Installation:

Reinstallation:

Change-Log:

FAQ:

Will I make an Android version?
- Short answer: No. It's a technological limit.

Why won't <insert character here> have sex with me even thought their love/trust value is over 9k? <insert DBZ meme here>
- Whether or not they have sex with you is not dependent on a numeric value, but on specific event flags. At the time of writing, the characters will need to have said "I love you" first before they are willing to have sex with you.

Can you add that as part of the cheat?
- Short answer: I won't as this is a bad idea.

Download:
Windows:

Linux:

View attachment 3441235 View attachment 3859954 View attachment 3441243 View attachment 3441245 View attachment 3515411
Can you create a cheat menu for Android too?

sleepingkirby

Aug 8, 2017
Version 1.6 has been released. This adds the ability to have sex outside the bedroom with some caveats. Please refer to change log or feature log for said caveats.

Reactions: leathermax

Nast33

Jul 1, 2017
Haven't read the full thread, just checked out the features and will add it to the game whenever I play it next.

Feature suggestion: Being able to wear any combo of clothes anywhere without inhibition. I can already edit these myself if I want to see swaying pierced titties anywhere I want, but would be useful to just be in this mod and save me the work of extracting the game package and editing a bunch of clothing-related files. One thing I haven't found though is whatever prevents the girls from walking outside their rooms with cum on their face - if this gets added too it would be sweet.

sleepingkirby

Aug 8, 2017
Feature suggestion: Being able to wear any combo of clothes anywhere without inhibition.
I have considered this. What I've opted for in lieu of straight removing the limit is removing the affection cap. The shame limit is a calculation of love and trust (something like 0.2 * (love + trust)) . As you might have noticed, in my game, I have them running around topless. This is because when love and trust is very high (something like 4000+), it'll exceed any shame limit. Is that what you're looking for? If not, can you give me an use case just in case straight removal of the shame limit will cause other problems so I can make the proper judgement? Because, if memory serves me right, removing the limit pretty much means removing that entire calculation which might cause other unforeseen problems.

One thing I haven't found though is whatever prevents the girls from walking outside their rooms with cum on their face - if this gets added too it would be sweet.
The check is explicitly when the character leaves a bedroom. With this recent feature, if they have cum on their face while outside, they'll keep the cum on their face the entire time. Is that good or are you looking for them explicitly walking out of the room with it on?