FacelessVixen

Aug 25, 2017
Now I'm curious what the rest of the playlist is gonna be like.
Eh. Fuck it. Why not.

I got away from 'Rogue's theme' and went more 'what reminds me of Rogue'.

KiwamiLorenzo

Oct 10, 2017
Eh. Fuck it. Why not.

I know some of the names there, you seem to have pretty good taste.

Reactions: FacelessVixen

drifter139

Dec 11, 2019
I'm actually pretty sure Null couldn't "nullify" Emplate's absorption ability at the very least due to how his physiology was changed; he's literally an energy vampire (and since he couldn't depower someone like Juggernaut). He could stop Emplate from flinging any powers back at him though.
Juggernaut isn't a mutant so it makes sense Null couldn't stop him. not sure about Emplate as I didn't really read any of the X-Men comics as a kid and mostly stuck to Spider-Man and Batman

Sexdrake

Aug 31, 2020
Eh. Fuck it. Why not.

I haven't read this message chain, but I saw Jinjer and had a strong neuron activation to write about it!

I wish Jinjer would revisit some of their older songs and produce more music in that vein. The denouement of 'I Speak Astronomy' is incredible, and Tatiana's voice is incredibly strong. The tonal shift of that song after 3:40 is so good and melodic, but I haven't really found other songs like that except Pisces. I get that they make metal music, but I always want to hear more of Tatiana's clean vocals in lieu of her death growls. Sorry if it is off topic!

Casted420

Mar 4, 2020
Eh. Fuck it. Why not.

I would probably add and (but a cover by Architects)

starkj

May 17, 2022
This game seriously made me interested in X-Men again, i already plan on watching the new X-Men 97' and am hoping for the movies that might come out.

• Wow
Reactions: Shintomi and armond

Crichton1

May 18, 2024
lol wait why?
"writer's barely disguised fetish" Rogue makes some really bad relationship decisions, head writer of the comic the series is based on plus the showrunner were really into age-gap and buff old men. it's forced and makes people feel bad for Gambit.

Honestly Gambit deserves it for the stuff he does in other series but he didn't do that stuff in this show so Rogue is just being shitty. Made Rogue fans very sad.

starkj

May 17, 2022
Hmm i dont know much about the comic or the older animated shows, only really watched the movies but Rogue is supposed to be early 20s and Gambit like mid to late 30s right?

salscou

Apr 14, 2020
"writer's barely disguised fetish" Rogue makes some really bad relationship decisions, head writer of the comic the series is based on plus the showrunner were really into age-gap and buff old men. it's forced and makes people feel bad for Gambit.

Honestly Gambit deserves it for the stuff he does in other series but he didn't do that stuff in this show so Rogue is just being shitty. Made Rogue fans very sad.
Worse part is that that is THE Rogue we all remember fondly from the 90's, not another take on the character, they turned our girl into a cunt.
japanese xmen.gif
Gambit got cucked in TV by a gay man that said he doesnt want us watching the show.

b_w_r

Feb 27, 2021
Every time they fuck up, they get a bit closer to the point someone declares "...with blackjack! And hookers!!" and fans abandon the brand name for unofficial spiritual successor. Yes this is my cope for remaining optimistic, I'm trying to cut back on unbounded cynicism and it's harder than smoking lmao

salscou

Apr 14, 2020
Every time they fuck up, they get a bit closer to the point someone declares "...with blackjack! And hookers!!" and fans abandon the brand name for unofficial spiritual successor. Yes this is my cope for remaining optimistic, I'm trying to cut back on unbounded cynicism and it's harder than smoking lmao
The only honest to god good things without drawback happening lately to X-men is Deadpool and Wolverine and Capcom releasing the old marvel games on PC.

Crichton1

May 18, 2024
Worse part is that that is THE Rogue we all remember fondly from the 90's, not another take on the character, they turned our girl into a cunt.
View attachment 4043161
Gambit got cucked in TV by a gay man that said he doesnt want us watching the show.
When a writer fucks up this bad it *is* another take on the character. They break the suspension of disbelief, made us very aware that she is a character being written. All fiction is lies, we get to pretend characters are people with a chain of conscious thought that make decisions based on their past, we get to appreciate stories that way.

ShinyBoots1993

Apr 7, 2020
It's basically Persona, for better or for worse.
I'd like to think for the better.

All that is missing is Null getting a beatdown for getting caught dating other people without his partners knowing.
We went for emotional damage instead of physical.

Nightcrawler: I'm disappointed in you.

Rogue: Why do you hate me?

Rogue, she still apologizes for yelling at you.
The girl has rock bottom self esteem, you give her hope, make her feel loved, make her first time special. You made all of it perfect... and then you betrayed her. Was it something she did? Was she not good enough? Of course not... Everything was too good to be true. Of course she wouldn't be enough. She's not strong like Laura or smart like Jean. She's just some country girl that Xavier took pity on. How could someone as pathetic as her deserve the love of such an amazing guy? He can't possibly be at fault. Not when she apparently has nothing worth keeping you from straying...

he's literally an energy vampire
Like Morpheus from the 90s Spiderman cartoon?

makes people feel bad for Gambit.
This is a fucking FEAT.

Worse part is that that is THE Rogue we all remember fondly from the 90's
Same voice actress too.

Though a lot of people(read nerds) have argued that there's a lot of things that make the show not line up to the previous one and that this being a "continuation" was just a marketing ploy.

4.60 star(s) 162 Votes