Casted420

Mar 4, 2020
Was watching this on YouTube and realized this is the closest game we have to the concept mentioned in said video.
Well, the Midnight Suns is kinda this in some shape or form^ mansion, study, social interactions, selectable main and side missions, turn based combat with environmental interaction, combos, team ups.

Thwip!

May 13, 2018
I'm curious to know what sorts of things Rogue's family is pressuring her into doing for them. Whatever it is, it made her SUPER upset and she's uncomfortable even talking about it.

Maybe in Season-2? :unsure:

FacelessVixen

Aug 25, 2017
Imagine this, but with Kurt, Piotr and Charles judging you.
And out of nowhere, your parents and your relatives appear and shake their heads in disappointment.
Even Magneto appears just to "tsk tsk" with utter disgust. Then Raven appears behind you wearing Null's appearance, "I thought I was better than this"
Ending it all with the following game over message with this :
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
So, basically:

Evil13

Engaged Member
Jun 4, 2019
Imagine this, but with Kurt, Piotr and Charles judging you.
Considering some of the shit Charles got up to concerning some of his love interests, he's got no right to judge (Read about his relationship with Gabrielle Haller. Hint - he was her therapist).
Nightcrawler's canonical long term love interest is his adopted sister.
And Colossus canonically beat the crap out of Kitty's new boyfriend because he saw her kissing him. Because he didn't like that Kitty moved on.

So yeah, not the guys who get to cast the first stone.

drifter139

Dec 11, 2019
Rogue got pissed and now I don't know how to raise her trust.
you wanna raise her friendship with Jean and Laura by inviting her to the pool with the other girls. by raising their friendship, she'll slowly come around to the idea of you being with other girls and given how the devs plan to introduce 3 girls per chapter, you can understand how she might feel about things later on down the road. for now, just keep your distance until she forgives you and you can work on gaining her trust back

mbRjpZLD

Apr 28, 2017
I got the impression this game is seriously bottlenecked by art.
The progress since the initial release has been very slow and already included some reworks. The developers like to tease all kinds of hypothetical future features in their discord but at the current pace it's gonna take years to get there. I almost dare say development is slower than Oni's.

gavtangg

Dec 7, 2022
I got the impression this game is seriously bottlenecked by art.
The progress since the initial release has been very slow and already included some reworks. The developers like to tease all kinds of hypothetical future features in their discord but at the current pace it's gonna take years to get there. I almost dare say development is slower than Oni's.
The true bottleneck is money. If the studio generates enough money for their artists to realistically work full time, then we’ll be having a different discussion. However, given their monthly patreon, it‘s gonna be awhile for them to accelerate the current progress. Regardless, their content is gonna be much richer and in-depth than Oni‘s; we cannot deny TNH‘s potential.

Although I agree with you that people on discord are overly ambitious (which I can’t blame them).

leathermax

Feb 10, 2019
So, basically:
Shit, man. I haven't played P4 (I wanna do it, but I never come around to do so), but what is this scene about? The dialogue options don't give you the chance of accepting to go with Chie, right?
In P5 you nail all the hoes, then one day they all get together and nail you back (to the cross). Afterwards your stepchad Sojibro pours in his decades of experience as a hoe player and soothes them. You then get back with one of them, IIRC, and everyone else gets over it because you have too much swag not to fuck around and they understand it.
It's funny because he's supposed to be very protective of Futaba, but that doesn't proc a game over from him killing you. Probably because he knows he'd do the same if he was young again. Hoooooo boi.

Sexdrake

Aug 31, 2020
Was watching this on YouTube and realized this is the closest game we have to the concept mentioned in said video.
I would say Midnight Suns is much more close and it is a finished game, I found it odd it was never mentioned in it.

However, while I enjoyed playing it a lot, and will probably play it in a few weeks again, it had 3 glaring issues for me which all were because they played it too safe.

The first, major one was the antagonists. They were beyond the 'generic, stupid evil villain' trope. The saturation of 'everything is gray, nothing is black or white' in today's media really puts me off, but in Midnight Suns the villains really had no true motive beyond just being silly little villains. It wasn't black/ white, because you couldn't form a contrast of good/ bad, as the villainy had no basis. I think they played it too safe?

Second, there was no romance. This one is understandable, but once again it was played too safe. Since the morality presented in the game was so basic, also removing the romance option further removed depth from the game.

Third (and this is personal), some of the characters were presented in a very unlikable fashion to me. You can write compelling characters that some people won't like, but still will want to be around. We use the word 'interesting', but it goes beyond just interest. Characters need to have clear motives, but they also need to be intelligent to some degree and understand when they are 'wrong' or pushing boundaries. I remember barely playing with the young Midnight Suns or the Avengers crew, because those characters all lacked that depth. Venom, Morbius and especially Storm were compelling, but the others didn't really leave a mark on my mind a year after playing. There were 16 finished characters in that game, yet I would prefer the unfinished Nightcrawler written here to 13 of them. But then again I am also probably well above the intended age demo for that game, so maybe it's not really valid criticism. But again, they made them too bland, because they needed to play it safe. Sure there were issues that the protagonist solved, but there was never real strife or struggle, or a character just straight up be an asshole because he could.

I think that last part is also pretty important. When you look at people in positions of power, whether it be a CEO, a musician or just a lowly store manager, the vast majority of them abuse their position over others because that control makes them feel powerful. We as human beings have this hardcoded into ourselves, it is not something that can be erased, only managed. Shying away from portraying that side removes depth in my opinion.

Anyway this became a rant sorry!

Casted420

Mar 4, 2020
I'll have the "Anna-Marie Satonaka" visual concept done by Friday next week, just for the sake of it existing until you can have your main artists make it official.
So, quick question.
I have P4G lying around but never got around to play it. I thought about waiting till I get and play P3. All this talk got me kinda interested. Should I just jump straight into 4 or skip it and 3 and go for P5R? Or all 3 games are all different beasts entirely?

4.60 star(s) 162 Votes