darkstel

Sep 21, 2017
It's just that people are used to the fact that many developers postponed the technical part for later so that their project would gain popularity and therefore earn money at an early stage, but such things sooner or later bite in the ass, which has been proven more than once in a number of my favorite games. I dare say in the same RLE focused on the simple collection of a harem, it took years to implement the first three girls. Immediately we have a project that started from the start with the technical part of the implementation, while being played as a full-fledged game. Based on other games, I myself do not really believe in roadmaps, but as a person of logic, I will not indicate "I told you so" before the first of October, this is a banal truism....not that I will be happy with this result, of course, although even so, expanding the initial plans to 0.6 would justify it.

sleepingkirby

Aug 8, 2017
Based on other games, I myself do not really believe in roadmaps, but as a person of logic, I will not indicate "I told you so" before the first of October, this is a banal truism....not that I will be happy with this result, of course, although even so, expanding the initial plans to 0.6 would justify it.
Not sure what a roadmap, which is essentially a time table/schedule, has anything to do with belief or being a person of logic. They get followed or they don't. It's someone tell you their intentions. If a bus is late for its stop, you don't also stop believing all train, plane, appointment, payment, etc. schedules. To do so is pretty illogical.

Reactions: ShinyBoots1993

darkstel

Sep 21, 2017
Not sure what a roadmap, which is essentially a time table/schedule, has anything to do with belief or being a person of logic. They get followed or they don't. It's someone tell you their intentions. If a bus is late for its stop, you don't also stop believing all train, plane, appointment, payment, etc. schedules. To do so is pretty illogical.
I don't need to show my teeth, I didn't mean it as aggression, plus I noted it as an opportunity, not a permanence, so don't make it up for yourself.

sleepingkirby

Aug 8, 2017
I don't need to show my teeth, I didn't mean it as aggression, plus I noted it as an opportunity, not a permanence, so don't make it up for yourself.
I didn't take it as aggression. I'm simply pointing out the illogic in the disbelief of the idea of schedules as a whole. They have a schedule. It'll get followed or it won't. If you don't trust that a *team* will/can follow the time table, that's one thing and that's your freedom.

darkstel

Sep 21, 2017
I didn't take it as aggression. I'm simply pointing out the illogic in the disbelief of the idea of schedules as a whole. They have a schedule. It'll get followed or it won't. If you don't trust that a *team* will/can follow the time table, that's one thing and that's your freedom.
You've made a fuss out of nothing, but I won't raise a controversy out of it.

Shintomi

Apr 5, 2017
Those are the people we're making the game for. Not the 3 or 4 people who come in here complaining about dev time when we are perfectly on schedule.

I apologise for opening up the door for your rant; my intent with the slow dev time comment was to address others saying that it's been slow. I personally think you're going at a fine pace, and look forward to each update.

drifter139

Dec 11, 2019
I genuinely want to know where the hell this idea of "slow dev time" comes from?
some people are just impatient and want instant gratification and rewards. I think around 98% of people here are happy waiting for a polished update where things work as intended and the art measures up to what we've been seeing since the start. regardless of what people say, I'm going to wait for next update where I sit at my laptop and am giddy with excitement. give my best regards to the whole team and to you as well for doing such good PR

BloodyRelight

Aug 3, 2017
If you dislike narrative that progresses linearly then this isn't the game for you.

Not part of the X-Men yet.

The dude is making an entirely different kind of game with a different design philosophy with a different set of things needing to be done.

We haven't hit a roadbump. We're not only on schedule, we've managed to include multiple things in our updates that wouldn't be there if we stook to the road map completely.

Again this is simply not a game you will enjoy if you take issue with our focus on a narrative.

If you want a game where you go to Xavier's school with the sole objective of sleeping with female students then play RLE. It's a good game. We highly recommend it.

Okay allow me to go on a tangent here.

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

This is true.

However our primary driving goal is wanting to tell a GOOD story and make it sexy.

Didn't X-23 come in way later than Kitty Pryde in the comics? She didn't even exist before X-men Evolution why is she there? What comic lines are you working off of? Originally Kitty was taken in at 13/14 back in the original 80's run that saw her first appearance, knowing what universe you are working from would help.

If you aren't going with the 80's entry I cannot blame you tbh especially with that freaky shit with 13-14 year old Kitty and adult 19-20 year old Colossus if my memory is right.

Also I am usually rather cordial but with all due respect (if there is any due) I will play whatever the fuck I want thanks.

I'm looking at this game in a similar way to Lessons in Love. They're creating a visual novel with sandbox elements and repeatable events to raise stats for the characters. With this, there's a much stronger focus on the story than on the Oni style sex sandbox. Jumping ahead from chapter to chapter just so you can sleep with a specific character quicker kinda spits in the face of the devs and the story they are trying to tell here. It's like watching a TV series and jumping ahead to season 4 because that's when an actress you like shows up.

As for the slow dev time; y'all need to learn to be patient. From what I've seen so far, a lot of resources have been put into building the foundation for this game, making it far easier and quicker to add additional content down the road. Definitely a huge improvement on Oni's spaghetti code. Quality takes time, and I love that they've been paying a talented artist rather than using the scum that is AI generation for their artwork.

All in, this is a high quality project that deserves the time and effort that is being put into it. I'm patiently waiting for more updates, and hope you'll all do the same.
First, lessons in love well simply put the main character in it deserves to be ripped apart by dogs. I do not think I have ever been forced into the headspace of a worse human being than that freak.

Second, what if you literally are only interested in one character and you have to go through hours of content to even get to them? With the length of what is here currently do you expect someone who wants one or two characters to linger around for hours? The game lets you pursue monogamy... Is it also insulting when I do not romance a certain character because they wrote content for that?

Third, what if you played through the game before and then your old saves don't work? What if you literally don't want to go through the story for the third or fourth time but still want to make some different decisions to see what would change later? How is that insulting?

Fourth, Most Renpy games that are long and have choices already allow you to skip to new content after choosing some decisions, in part because in mitigates a lot of the pain for when saves are invalidated, or you played through them and want to do something different.

Last edited:

sleepingkirby

Aug 8, 2017
Third, what if you played through the game before and then your old saves don't work? What if you literally don't want to go through the story for the third or fourth time but still want to make some different decisions to see what would change later? How is that insulting?
This is actually why SDLR made the cheat injector for RLE. This is also why I made one, based off of SDLR's injector for this game.

Clobbertime

Jan 10, 2021
Didn't X-23 come in way later than Kitty Pryde in the comics?
Yes. Kitty was there even before Rogue came along, and Rogue had stolen Ms Marvel's powers before she ever joined the X-Men, but like like actual Marvel writers since the characters were introduced they're changing things up to fit their story. So far their story is better than the mess the current Marvel writers have made of things in driving readers away from comics and into manga.

salscou

Apr 14, 2020
Yes. Kitty was there even before Rogue came along, and Rogue had stolen Ms Marvel's powers before she ever joined the X-Men, but like like actual Marvel writers since the characters were introduced they're changing things up to fit their story. So far their story is better than the mess the current Marvel writers have made of things in driving readers away from comics and into manga.
It kinda works like EVO wich works out fine honestly, Xavier, Logan, Storm and McCoy are the leaders, with Cyclops, Jean and Colossus being young adults, and your character, Rogue, Spike, Kurt and Laura being the sort of 3rd generation from what i can gather.

Last edited:

ShinyBoots1993

Apr 7, 2020
I apologise for opening up the door for your rant; my intent with the slow dev time comment was to address others saying that it's been slow. I personally think you're going at a fine pace, and look forward to each update.
No you're fine. None of my ire was meant to be directed to you. I consider myself a patient individual but sometimes I need to get stuff out of my system and from experience when I do it here publicly a lot of people tend to be understanding.

Didn't X-23 come in way later than Kitty Pryde in the comics? She didn't even exist before X-men Evolution why is she there?
We had X-23's art back when this was meant to be a mod for RLE. Rather than waste money we just came up with a way to add her earlier in the timelines.

What comic lines are you working off of?
Mainline. Chapter 2 will be the Phoenix Saga and the arcs contained within.

Originally Kitty was taken in at 13/14 back in the original 80's run that saw her first appearance, knowing what universe you are working from would help.
We've plans for aging her up if she appears. Same for all potential characters.

Just to be informative. The only characters we don't have plans for aging up or intend on including period are characters that are children in 616 at the time of us making this game. Such as Gabby. Even then her appeal is being a 10 year old girl being adorable unlike Kitty whose bratty behavior can easily be applied to an 18 year old.

Also I am usually rather cordial but with all due respect (if there is any due) I will play whatever the fuck I want thanks.
I never said don't play the game. I don't dictate that kind of thing.

All I am saying is that we don't intend on changing our narrative focus and if you dislike that, you're not going to have a fun time.

I do not think I have ever been forced into the headspace of a worse human being than that freak.
In fairness that is by design. You're not supposed to relate to Sensei. In fact the dev actively judges people who do.

Is it also insulting when I do not romance a certain character because they wrote content for that?
None of our writers will be offended if you don't romance a girl. Again absolutely no offense to Oni, I have to point out these differences because people assume or insist we intend on being RLE but HD, the girls in his game can be brainwashed into being blank slates to be your cum dumps. We have no intention on doing that and each character will be different.

If a girl is not your cup of tea, you don't have to interact with her outside of her introductory quests which exists only to establish that you'll be good teammates when you do super hero stuff.

To be informative for everyone reading this. If the girls in Chapter 1 seem like they're "pushed" on you, it's only because Chapter 1 is meant to introduce you to the setting and its mechanics. Once you finish your basic lessons for each girl and help X-23 and Rogue to be friends you actually have no obligation to spend time with them.

1. The "slow dev time" is to ensure you will never have to start over from the beginning. The reason why saves break in renpy game development is because the dev introduces a system change. As myself and many others have said before, we're putting in all the systems at the beginning so that won't be an issue.

2. When the game actually has more content that genuinely would warrant a chapter skip, we'll consider doing so unless sleepingkirby intends on doing it himself as he's voiced the possibility.

Also a note for those who have been rude to Kirby or have assumptions on our feelings towards him. We actually appreciate him and his mod. It means that we get to make the game we want and people who may not be patient enough to play through the game as intended or multiple times can enjoy themselves.

Kirby and other code monkeys can back me up when I say that we've specifically designed our game to allow for modding and there's a bunch of code supporting features that currently aren't in the game.

sleepingkirby

Aug 8, 2017
2. When the game actually has more content that genuinely would warrant a chapter skip, we'll consider doing so unless sleepingkirby intends on doing it himself as he's voiced the possibility.
Let me see how Chapter 2 is implemented/coded before I commit to anything. The main problem I see at the moment is that there are a lot of flags in memory. While skipping chapters is easy for something like DMD or BeingADIK because there are literally a handful of choices that determine the outcome of the whole game, here there are a lot of choices (and gameplay) that potentially affect how one experiences this game. I don't want someone skipping chapters to be pigeon-hole into one type of experience if possible. With that said, my aim for the cheat injector is always so someone can speedrun the content to get to where they were. This might be enough, this might not, depending on how the game turns out. We'll see. Sometimes programming is a science. Sometimes it's an art. This is one of those times that it's more art than science.

I do want to note that I literally had a save game where I've gotten through all seasons in chapter 1 in something like 7 game days with the cheat injector. So, yeah, we'll see if the chapter skip is a good idea or not.

We actually appreciate him and his mod. It means that we get to make the game we want and people who may not be patient enough to play through the game as intended or multiple times can enjoy themselves.
Thank you. It's always nice to be appreciated.

Kirby and other code monkeys can back me up when I say that we've specifically designed our game to allow for modding and there's a bunch of code supporting features that currently aren't in the game.
Without getting too technical, the game is written with a base engine/functions. As far as I've looked into it (as in, I haven't looked into every line of code yet, but pretty darn close) all of the characters functions, actions, dialogue, events, etc. are within its own folder. This makes dropping in new characters, or modifying existing characters much simpler than in RLE. In fact, there are not only features that's partially implemented (like threesomes), but also the base for a bunch of characters that haven't shown up yet. (Of which I won't name because I'm pretty sure maddening will fly out here to Taiwan and find me.)
So yes, this game is much more modder friendly than RLE. Can confirm.

Last edited:

FolgoreCZ

Jul 9, 2020
Will there be any changes to the early game, or will the new content strictly follow after the current game end? I'm thinking about starting the game once again from the beginning, and I wonder if I can start now or wait for the new release?

Maddeninggg

Mar 19, 2019
Will there be any changes to the early game, or will the new content strictly follow after the current game end? I'm thinking about starting the game once again from the beginning, and I wonder if I can start now or wait for the new release?
We'll be adding stuff that affects all parts of a playthrough from start to finish (old saves should still work as usual). Nothing too game changing but more QoL, updated art, and new ways to interact with characters. No new story stuff yet.

salscou

Apr 14, 2020
We'll be adding stuff that affects all parts of a playthrough from start to finish (old saves should still work as usual). Nothing too game changing but more QoL, updated art, and new ways to interact with characters. No new story stuff yet.
Any plan to add a talk option?
The snippets of conversation in RLE are pretty funny and im sure you guys could add lots of interesting dialogue that doesnt depend on an event.

FacelessVixen

Aug 25, 2017
Any plan to add a talk option?
The snippets of conversation in RLE are pretty funny and im sure you guys could add lots of interesting dialogue that doesnt depend on an event.
And also for the sake of getting away from the vibes of "I'm only interacting with you as a means to get laid" and "If I talk to you, my girl is going to think that I'm asking you for sex."

Last edited:
4.60 star(s) 162 Votes