ShinyBoots1993

Apr 7, 2020
but also the base for a bunch of characters that haven't shown up yet.
I kindly ask other people who look into the code to not spoil if you find something.

1. We're not sure when a character will actually be romancable. So you may get yourself and others' hopes up worse than our Storm fans.

2. I know for a fact that some of those characters are still being debated over if we want to include them in the game and if we don't, we're leaving the references there for modders to use.

Any plan to add a talk option?
The snippets of conversation in RLE are pretty funny and im sure you guys could add lots of interesting dialogue that doesnt depend on an event.
And also for the sake of getting away from the vibes of "I'm only interacting with you as a means to get laid" and "If I talk to you, my girl going to think that I'm asking you for sex."
I can confirm that the writers are working on a lot of flavor text. Like a lot. Entire google docs worth of chit chats.

Though I will let the writers know that it should be a little more obvious if things were be platonic or not.

sleepingkirby

Aug 8, 2017
I kindly ask other people who look into the code to not spoil if you find something.

1. We're not sure when a character will actually be romancable. So you may get yourself and others' hopes up worse than our Storm fans.

2. I know for a fact that some of those characters are still being debated over if we want to include them in the game and if we don't, we're leaving the references there for modders to use.
I actually would like to add to this. Please note that, even when viewing code, you're not getting the complete picture as for possibility and intentions. So, yes, don't spoil things for other people. But also, what you're thinking of spoiling might not be even true. As anyone that's done any amount of game hacking can attest to, there's almost always going to be something extra left over. Things tried but didn't work out. Things tried, but decided to change the direction on. Debug features, troubleshooting only features, testing features, etc. (All these are non-specific examples. I'm not saying I am or am not seeing these things in this game in particular. Because, frankly, I don't know yet.) With the partial view of the development you get via code, it's to easy to read something, have your imagination run wild, and then be completely wrong something.

Hell, I only know that they intended on doing threesomes because there's a preview pic for it. If I hadn't seen that, I would have assumed the fact you can have more than 1 character onscreen during a sex scene was an unintended feature due to the resilient nature in the way the code was written.

Basically, when reading code, with great power comes great responsibility.

Last edited:
Reactions: ShinyBoots1993

Crichton1

May 18, 2024
We just got a new beta build a couple hours ago. Unexpected additions were made. Not changes, additions. My guess is the actual 30th.

4.60 star(s) 162 Votes