RPGM - The Outpost [v0.1] [DARKHOUSE]

1. 1.00 star(s)

FrankWestPhoJrn

This game has a neat idea, but it gets muddied down by the gameplay and early build version of this game. At least, I think that's what's going on.

The game's early on so I wanna play the lack of interesting H-scenes on that, but still, as it stands, this is a H-games, and without good H-scenes, your H-game is gonna suffer. To explain, the h scenes are short, uninspired slideshows, with no build-up and no dialog. Maybe some of the worst I've ever seen. Again, I wanna blame it on the game being early in development, but I can't say for sure this isn't just how the dev wanted it to be. Only time will tell, I suppose.

Next is the gameplay. It's a bit too much for me. It has a lot of mechanics going on and things to manage. You have troops, food, water, supplies, ammo, missions, side missions, and much more. But if you're into that, a surv style h game, then this may be okay for you, but it was asking a bit too much out of me for my tastes. And I even played with a save editor, if that tells you anything.

The story is okay, kinda. It's a bit bland, I least compared to other RPGM games I've played. Maybe it picks up the further in you get or maybe it'll get more exciting with future builds, I don't know.

Pros
    -Neat Idea, not every day we get a necro game, so ya, neat.
    -Survival style game, meaning resource management, if you're into that.

Cons
    -Overkill gameplay for a H game
    -Grindy gameplay
    -Slow and boring story
    -Dreadful H scenes, basically slideshows with no dialog