VN - Ren'Py - Onhold - The Path [v0.1a] [LeFrench]

1. 4.00 star(s)

snooze321

Amazing art, the artist really understands how lighting works and how to make natural poses that fit with the flow of conversation. If i had to critique I would say the animations are a little clunky. Learn some more natural movement that naturally loops.

The music is really good as well. Every piece of bgm fits the scene and is nice to listen to, which is incredibly rare these days.

The writing as well is high quality. While the over arching story isn't really introduced that much for the first 30 mins I played, the interaction between characters is natural and intriguing enough to be fun to read.

If I had to criticise a specific point I would take points off because of the dungeon design, simple dialogue choices that end in abrupt game overs with no complexity or style or even direction on which to take.

Keep up the good work le francais.
  2. 5.00 star(s)

Ass Fan

finally my wish came true i can't believe it lol it's been so long since i want to see a romance game between a human and an ogre and i have to say that the game is at its beginning and it's already a big progress i have nothing to say complain I wish I could give more than five stars because this game deserves it and right from the start it has choices that I already liked. this is an important point in a game the choices and the paths that we as players have to choose not the other way around. congratulations LeFrench for this great game I hope you have a great future ahead of you and I loved mc and of course the two new travel friends now I'll be anxious waiting for the next ones to see what will happen between this trio maybe more new characters will appear this would be very interesting see you soon and have a good job on the game and hope everything works out
  3. 5.00 star(s)

Big To

v0.1a

High fantasy is not a genre that finds a lot of quality games. Most just ride on it and shun any effort to build a good story around. This is not the case with The Path. The characters are very charming and feel very human with their own little quirks and flaws.

Already the author has set up a nice backstory and theme about main character having a complex with companions leaving. This ties in nicely with the very unique companion she teams up with early on.

Oh and Svana is hot. 5/5
  4. 5.00 star(s)

Trash_Panda

Bruh, i cant believe someone actually made a fuckin fantasy VN with a strong and beautiful female protagonist in it. Someone finally fuckin made it im crying rn. Well let me put my own personal excitement aside and get to review:

10/10 Graphics
    7/10 Story
    10/10 Writings
    10/10 Models
    There will be some gameplay i guess, its not fleshed enough to review tho.

Beautiful MC, humor and music can be added as extra. Defo try it.
  5. 5.00 star(s)

Saint Blackmoor

As of v0.1a
    This game is in my opinion an excellent example of how to create a simple yet engaging story.
    For a first-time Dev simple is the key.
    LeFrench focuses on beautiful art, after all this is a visual medium.
    The art is just amazing, there is a softness of depth texture that shows
    the time taken in each render. good use of pov enhances emersion.
    The dialogue shows a unique female character, a sexy, sexual, tough, wisecracking, confident yet also vulnerable Protagonist.

The humor is great. many games take the medieval concept too seriously.
    I recommend this game to everyone.
  6. 5.00 star(s)

Weiss123

Excellent game so far.
    + Beautiful models. One of the better games graphics-wise
    + The female protagonist has great character: quite strong but still feminine. Quite a break from the weak, total slut character you see in other games
    + Interesting story so far
    - Quite short so far.
  7. 5.00 star(s)

88Michele88

3 stars why? v0.1 befor patch.
    The game was perfect since 1st realease. It was clear by overview that it was the story about Svana and her jurney finde a good teamate to help her. I was heving fun with Female MC and it was clearsince begining that the no male choise would be add. I was lookeing forwar and loved at first. Hoping to enjoyng more about her story till the end. I was screaming that day finale a good FEMALE PROTAGONIST GAME to play with andmaking decision only for her.

Bad:
    male choise appeared out no where look at her boobs? I just screamed what the fuck is this game turned out. Anothe hopless Multi Protagonist game? I just stop playing it du the fact it was frustrating 100% big time.

I don't recomand this game for who like myself love playing female protagonist game.

5 stars for v0.1a (Patched)
    After the patch got release i tryed it out to see what changed. So and there were actuly an huge change and will turn back most player like myself who love playing Female Protagonist Game. It good thingthe dev keep his promises to make all happy. And I'm was happy like a little child.

Good:
    It's good to see that option to turn off Male Protagonist choise.I looking forward to see wher it going end.

Suggestion:
    I like too see other Female protagonist that maybe will help Svana make a right important choise if she won't be able to do it herself. Looking forward.
  8. 3.00 star(s)

Ogre_Sama

So, here's the thing so far: I realize that this game is brand-spankin'-new. So, this is the foundation of things and stuff can (and hopefully will, which I'll get to) change in the future.

Why a 3 Star?

Well, because that's an average. 5 star for the art and animation. Great look. Nice animations. Good visuals. No complaints.

However, I got to the Dungeon and that's gonna make the game a 1 star if it keeps like that. Why? Because the first choice is a 50/50 instant-game-over. No hints about what's better. No real "well, you made a dumb decision and so you died." Just "Well, you had no information and just picked a choice at random and you're done." Thankfully, I had just saved. If the game continues to have, "well, we flipped a coin and you lost" mechanics, that will ruin everything that the good art gains for the game.

I want this game to do well. I like what I'm seeing so far in terms of visuals. The story isn't exactly Tolkien, but it's fine. But yeah, if the mechanics of the game are, "You were given no information, made a decision basically at random because of said no information, and your game ended because of it" then the "more complicated dungeons" promised are just going to become "save and reload fests," which, let's be honest, nobody likes that (well, maybe someone likes save/reload/save/reload/save/reload instead of actually just playing a game. Everyone has their kinks).

I wish the creator luck. There's a sprinkling of typos and such around that could use a good proofreading pass, but it's better than a lot that I've seen. So, that's a relatively minor thing.

But yeah. Want the game to do well. Love the visuals. Just REALLY need to do something about the insta-death-via-random-chance-with-no-ability-to-save-yourself-ness of the game.
  9. 5.00 star(s)

mybox1631

that's a good game. 1- hot woman with good shape 1! AND a man with big dick! animation is good ,text is not long and not difficult words. I see there is no too characters I THINK ITS NOT GOOD .maybe there is need other women and other men with huge dick!