VN - Ren'Py - Completed - The Professor [v3.4] [Pixieblink]

1. 4.00 star(s)

DoOver

4.5 stars.

A bit short and linear (I simply kept clicking on one girl starting from top-left, until I got to the bottom right tile until the 'end' of that storyline showed then I moved to the next tile), where choices don't matter much.

One of the most humorous games I've ever played!
    Love the facial expressions and wackiness throughout.
    Great animations and the models don't all look the same in body types or faces.
    Pure fun!!
  2. 1.00 star(s)

CourtesyFlush

It's not a game. It's a scene unlocker. Boring and repetetive scene unlocker.
    Visuals are the worse. Girls not only act creepily retarded but also look like that. Those uncanny grims give you the creeps. Story is almost non existent, writing is just bad, neither funny nor interesting, sex scenes are riddiculous. Terrible, repetitive game that makes corrupting girls boring.
  3. 3.00 star(s)

t727

The story progression is a mess.
    Renders are OK but look dated for some reason.
    The women are good looking and has a variety of bodies which is a good thing as I grow tired of the hilariously huge titted* women in other games.

*Spell correct thinks this isn't a word. I think it is, what about you?

Rated: 3/5
    Based on: Completed
  4. 4.00 star(s)

tmathis

Definitely a pretty crazy storyline going on here. That said, reasonably hot models and plenty of action. I'm not crazy about the whole mind control approach but overall it's not too terrible. Definitely worth a run through and frankly I enjoyed the lack of real choices.
  5. 5.00 star(s)

SilentRunning

I am so glad I found this unique title. Check it out. Reviews can't really do it justice and you're better off not knowing much about it.

Simply a very entertaining and enjoyable visual novel.

By no stretch of the imagination is it a game. You won't make any meaningful decisions.... just strap in and enjoy the ride. Have fun.

The characters are well thought out, and executed perfectly within the boundaries of the story.

Sure, technically it might not have the best renders, or the hottest looking women, but all the characters are unique and interesting.

It was well worth my time and I look forward to the The Professor II.

EDIT: I just wanted to note that over a month after writing this review I continue to realize how unique The Professor is and how much I enjoyed playing through it. It has stayed with me. Very recommended.
  6. 3.00 star(s)

Snowcrash

v3.4

Renders 2/5: They aren't good looking renders, the game looks outdated and could benefit from a higher resolution.
    Girls 2/5: They are too cartoony as characters personality-wise and its hard to relate or care about them, since they can't be taken seriously.

Writing 3/5: While the premise of the game is ridiculous and a lot of it is very silly, I do appreciate a dev taking a stab at humor even if its not my type of humor.
    Audio 3/5: It has audio and appropriate background music that enhances the scenes, even if its a bit wacky.
    Animations 3/5: It has animations, some are better than others but they aren't long enough IMO.
    H-Scenes 2/5: There are sex scenes but, due to the general zaniness of the game its difficult to enjoy them.
    UI 2/5: The user interface is basically a school book where you choose the girls and play one scene each day. This makes the game to lack a narrative flow and loses immersion. Good pacing is key for a good game.
    Overall 3/5: Overall an OK game, funny and
    zany but also flawed in many regards. Doing comedy is very difficult.
  7. 5.00 star(s)

I_Love_Latex

OK, why 5 stars?

It started off as a damn fine corruption game, with incredible animations and some very cute models. The story was your basic corruption tale, use the goggles on the girls, get them to do lewd things, get to know their back story.

3 or 4 stars. Not original but very well done. Also, very funny. So say 4 stars. Also, the writing and English grammar is on point; I don't think I cringed at any point in the dialogue although I certainly did laugh.

Then BOOOOM!!!!!

Plot twist of all plot twists. Not going to go into it too much, but it completely turned the game on its head and turned it from your standard run of the mill corruption game into something special.

Roll on Chapter 2, this is a game you have to give a try and give time.

Well written, fun, sexy, lewd, some amazing characters (Erika, god daaaaamn) and just really enjoyable.

So yeah, that's why 5 stars.
  8. 4.00 star(s)

digitalblakangel

If you play this and do not have fun and do not at least laugh. Then you have no soul.

Graphics - Good
    Game play - Humorous
    Choices - Which girls part you are going to progress next
    Progression - Medium
    Updates are fairly regular
  9. 4.00 star(s)

zooink

A pretty simple game that I surprisingly enjoy. Graphics are rather average compared to other games but there is a good mix of girls to suit everyone's taste. The story is almost non-existent but whatever there is, it's definitely darn funny. Highly recommend this game for those who are more into "action" and not for the story/plot
  10. 4.00 star(s)

Rabbac

This might not be one of the best games i've played but its certainly one of the funniest... some of those dreams sequences had me falling off my chair and the animations are quite good.

Its nothing serious and a pretty standard set up but a hell of a lot of fun, will certainly enjoy playing any updates. :geek:
  11. 5.00 star(s)

mike_campbell

What a terrific game. Funny, varied and nothing ever quite runs the way you expect it to.

If you're used to fighting your way through grindy games you'll be astounded by this. Every scene advances the plot and it's done with a wit and charm that never fails. I've laughed out loud several times while playing. And the plot is much deeper than it at first appears, so keep cracking on.

The graphics early on are not good but they soon develop to a perfectly acceptable level. Don't be put off by the first handful of scenes; they aren't typical.
  12. 5.00 star(s)

hubvan

This game gives me the weirdest boners. It is really something else. Luckily the dev does not bore the player to death with some absolutly boring story à la "i will start university after this summer, and thats why i have to move away from my family... ZZZzzZZZZzzZZzzzz", where characters are introduced with a bunch of absolutely meaningless interactions. Writing and storymaking should be reserved for those who can actually do it. And while the story is not the deepest, it has a plausible background and shows a certain character development and progress in the game. It's simple but genius at the same time.

Also I love the overall topic. The sperm in the animations looks really bad tho, but that's something I can bear considering all the funny and enticing ideas. Also there is quite some content for a 3.2 (because dev luckily focuses on actual explicit content and not some tediously boring story line).
  13. 5.00 star(s)

marp

Really great game – one of the most humorous fap games I’ve ever played, it’s simply hilarious.

I don't get the people complaining about ugly MC, sub-par story or average CG - the "goofiness" of graphics and sound as well as the over-the-top writing style adds to the humor significantly - it would not be the same without it.
    But that said, as everyone knows, tastes do differ...

5 out of 5 – strongly recommended
  14. 3.00 star(s)

gaereth

Interesting new concept and funny presentation, thumbs up for that. The graphics are a bit outdated though and the animations look really clumsy. The game interactivity is limited to clicking on the girl you want to proceed with. Still, more enjoyable than the average game here on the board.
  15. 5.00 star(s)

Chope5438

First of all I have to say that I hope more games have sooooo many animations. Writing is funny and models of characters are original. Personally I would do with one more bustier character but that is just minor flaw. 5STAR from me.
  16. 5.00 star(s)

hix88

AMAZING GAME

the game is really original and comes out of the standard which boils down to fucking his stepmother and her step-sister.

the characters are realistically ugly. it changes 90% same characters generated on daze3d ...

grasphisms are not exceptional but the scenes are.
  17. 2.00 star(s)

nikoalsgr

I understand that it's still early access but this game has so little interactivity and it get's repetitive and boring after a while. You just choose a girl and wait for each day to end. You can basically skip the first 3 days to get to the action for each girl. Sorry if I am being harsh, but there is still time to change the course of the game and make it a little bit more interactive and not so linear and repetitive
  18. 1.00 star(s)

leo_grouch

This is Omg terrible, I can appreciate the attempt but the game is just pure boredom. Graphics are very dated, and the characters are amateur. Story line is not exciting, so pretty much this game watching paint dry. Needs a ton of changes in order to be not terrible.
  19. 5.00 star(s)

hotmike

My first review ever...

This is the funniest RenPy VN I have found in the last couple of years. And it is hot as well.

The story is really simple. Loser Professor gets a really good deal on a great tool. He uses it as any hetero man should use it: take control of those annoying girls around him.

The scenes are just hilarious and at times really hot. Good variety of girls and body and mental types. Most have unexpected turns, nearly all have animations (I love the facial expressions) and the speed of progression seems reasonable (well, I never got the Goggles, so can't compare what a normal speed would be really).

So the bad:
    This is not a game, it is a Virtual novel. No choices, no difficult points, no intertwines of grinding. If you really need that (you don't, but if you really need it), then this might not be your thing.
    Also: do not expect romance here... save that for your real life!

So my final rating is 4.8 (I would have loved to see some choices in here and the way videos work currently is not perfect), but that still results in a full 5 star here.
  20. 4.00 star(s)

Erodragoon

Category: Video Game
    Version: 2.6
    Visual novel/Script: 4
    Gaming experience: 3,5 (Quite short for a sandbox game, good for a visual novel)
    Graphic quality: 3,5 (range from 2 to 5)
    Character development: 4
    Xcitement: 5

Considerations: Game mechanics is more like a visual novel with various threads than a true sandbox / free roaming game. Maybe could improve by adding rooms, to navigate through, easter eggs, random events.
    Graphic quality, sometimes, is not very good, though have some nice videos to help cope with it.
    Story has quite a few absurd hilarious moments.
    Nice game.