EAT
Trial Moderator
Uploader
Aug 5, 2016
b7.png

Overview:
"The Relic" is a story focused Visual Novel, which is based in a Sci-Fi/Cyberpunk Setting.
You take over the Role of the MC (default Name Diego Cortez), a Smuggler who gets a Job to deliver a mysterious Package, which is valuable enough, to make it your last Order.
On your Journey, you'll have to make decisions, that will influence your relationships and the way people react/treat you in this World.
Will you become a Hero or another merciless tyrant who does everything to achieve his goals?​

Thread Updated: 2022-10-22
Release Date: 2022-10-22
Developer: Marniz Productions
Censored: No
Version: 0.02
Language: English
Genre:
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Installation:

Changelog:

DOWNLOAD
Win/Linux: - - - -
Others:
COMPRESSED* - ANDROID*
Extra: Walkthrough mod

*This unofficial port/version is not released by developer, download at your own risk.

sc74.jpg fdf.jpg dus.jpg ds11.jpg bahs.jpg fgfv.jpg fgg.jpg gg.jpg

"CJ"

Conversation Conqueror
Mar 6, 2021
The Relic [v0.01] [Marniz Productions] crunched

Original / Compressed Size PC*: ~ 1 GB / 179 MB - TheRelic-0.01-pc-crunched.zip
Original / Compressed Size Mac: xxx MB / 144 MB - TheRelic-0.01-mac-crunched.zip

Download (PC*/Mac): - -

(y)L O A D 'n' L I K E - If you L O A D it then L I K E it!(y) If not, like it anyway!(y) Thanks!;)

This compression is unofficial and untested, use at your own risk.
Compressing process reduces quality and can break the game.

*PC = Win+Linux

Tools: UnRen v.0.12v4 (VepsrP/Sam@f95zone) - YAC v3.3 (hngg@f95zone) -

Last edited:

Aleks Mark

Aug 25, 2020
Probably, the respected author has not yet decided on the tags, the process has just begun, I hope the game will please us in the future, we will wait :) :) :)

Rinbael

Sep 7, 2018
It seems O.K. I'm all for more cyberpunk themed games and the story is different. I like the choices to be a good guy or a bad guy though they seem kind of one dimensional so far.

One issue I have is the M.C is kind of goofy and silly in some scenes which makes no sense if you pick the evil options though maybe that will change as the game develops.

I would suggest looking into getting more expressions for the M.C he has a really silly looking smile in some scenes but maybe that's what you were going for. I'm interested in seeing how this game develops.

Reactions: TundraLupus

desmosome

Forum Fanatic
Sep 5, 2018
It's decent. You could use a proofreader. It has that awkward ESL writing, but somehow still managed to create some decent dialogues. I liked the characters for the most part. The plot is pretty standard rebel vs Empire stuff. It feels a bit amateurish, especially when the MC decides to fight the Governor without much deliberation. The renders are not anything super amazing, but the game has style. I like the environment and the character intros with the names in that stylish font.

The biggest problem I am seeing is that the bad guy choices for the MC does not really fit his backstory and persona. Picking good choices seem like the natural thing for him. He is a super soldier who is putting up a goofy facade to put people at ease and underplay his skills. He has a good heart and helps the unfortunate with his hard earned credits. This is all congruent with the good guy choices. If you pick the bad guy choices, it doesn't quite fit the conversations he has with Selena and his backstory of helping out the poor. This is a very common problem with good/evil choices. You need to check the MC's alignment a lot more to offer alternate text to make this convincing. Otherwise, the MC just comes off as crazy.

Good luck on the game.

Saint Blackmoor

Saint and Sinner
Donor
Oct 26, 2017
1651968820786.png
Jim, the romantic Hero everybody needs in this merciless Galaxy characters are popping up everywhere.
I know Bones, These young studs are pushing me out of the spotlight.

:giggle:
The game looks interesting,
Much success
Marniz Productions

Last edited:

SpyderArachnid

Jul 31, 2017
This was rather enjoyable. I'm always up for a good sci-fi, so was interested in checking this out. Gotta say, this was a lot of fun. The dialogues were good and I like the personality of the MC. The hostility between the Kitchen and him was great and had me chuckling. And omg Sir Wilson! Loved him right away. Adorable.

I didn't try the bad path, as I enjoy the hero character more, but from what I've read above seems it is out of place based on the character's attitude and history. Maybe instead of going with an alignment system, just go with an attitude adjustment based on choices? So this way it's not just good path and evil path, it's more like "yeah the MC can be a nice person at times to people he knows, but sometimes he can be a real jerk to others". Would make more sense than it simply being just good or evil. Give it a balance instead between the two so it fits more with his attitude and history.

But otherwise, I really liked it. Interested to see how things go from here. Thanks Marniz! ;)

cebs

Engaged Member
Game Compressor
Donor
Feb 19, 2018
Here's my unofficial android port of The Relic v0.01

Download

3.70 star(s) 6 Votes