VN - Ren'Py - Abandoned - The Relic [v0.02] [Marniz Productions]

1. 4.00 star(s)

botc76

It's sad to see this with an abandoned tag. It had a lot of potential and had a high standard of production.

There were long and well-done animations, the renders were crisp and of high quality, the MC was a bit of a moron with self-deprecating humour and the story was set up to be interesting.

Don't let reviews accusing the dev of having sick rape fetishes fool you.
    The rape-scene was definitely not done for erotic effect. Those scenes look different, it showed rape as every bit the horrible crime it is in reality, not in the way that most people who actually have a bit of a rape fetish want to see it.

Rape is a way of dominating someone, of crushing someone, in reality and that is how it is used here, it is not really a sexual act, let alone an erotic act, for most people however when they say they like rape as a kink, they mean a sort of fantasy rape, where the victim actually feels good and the one doing the deed usually isn't a complete monster.
    There are differences of course, some really are into the brutal, depressing rape stuff, just like there are those into guro, but that is not the feeling I got from this game. The rape was used as a character motivation for the sister of the victim, and to show how utterly monstrous and depraved the villains of the story are.
  2. 2.00 star(s)

Vollezar

The renders are nice.
    The story is kind of interesting. I say kind of interesting because I had a hard time reading the text. English is so bad I was skipping a lot of the parts. It feels like the dev was using Google translate to translate the text from his/her language into English.
    Some of the dialogue does not match the events. For example, I ignore Selena on one of the runs yet she still says "I know we've messed around some..."
    No, we haven't.

And the rape scene was absolutely not necessary. But if you skip it you miss some of the information. I guess rape might be the dev's kink but there was no need for it at all. Yes, it kind of goes with the theme of the game that this world is completely messed up but that was just plain stupid.
  3. 2.00 star(s)

BlackPinkX

[v0.02]
    Pros
    • Good music choices
    • Nice female character designs
    • Good alien designs
    • Interesting main story

Cons
    • Animations without dialogues
    • Nice renders but nothing impressive
    • Random voyeur sex
    • Unnatural romance
    • Random fetishes
    • Many fetishes make the story messy
    • Random meaningless sex scenes
    • Poor development of secondary characters
    • MC's personality
    • MC design
    • Awful MC's facial expressions
    • Story events happen too fast, sometimes " excessive action" without storyline is boring
  4. 4.00 star(s)

rafaaa

Story is good (its like Guardians of the galazy) and renders are good. There is some misspelling, the animations shouldnt stay in a loop and should go to the next scenne, hope to have more girls and that not every girl is slutty, hope that have more choice and that in those choices have more than 2 to choose. Overall it has potential.
  5. 5.00 star(s)

thornum

an interesting universe, an badboy hero (smugler) with some heart and a lustful spirit, oh yeah!! several alien species very well rended, and intrigue with all the drama with all universe balancing :)^^ all the ingredient for an epic and erotic story :)^^
  6. 5.00 star(s)

watchinglolis

I wasn't expecting a comedy but I found one. Loads of jokes and only on a .10 release. Renders are on par with many other titles but the multitude of species presented will make for many options for how to spend your time later. Can't wait to see how this hilarious tale plays out. I love the little dog too.