Avaron1974

Resident Lesbian
Aug 22, 2018
Just because the premise of the game involves kidnapping doesn't mean you can't have any say in how the rest of the game progresses... what kind of dumb logic is that?
Mainly the idea behind it being a repurposing center and turning those kidnapped into something somebody would pay money for which isn't exactly for your benefit, why would you get a choice?

ara1111

Apr 6, 2019
I covered that in my first post. Because there is precedent for it, many characters do have a choice, you can be trained in specific acts, tailor your body for specific fetishes, etc. The inability to find clients who specifically want what you have gone out of your way to spend your good girl points to be good at and look the part for is weird.

Lynn

May 21, 2017
Mainly the idea behind it being a repurposing center and turning those kidnapped into something somebody would pay money for which isn't exactly for your benefit, why would you get a choice?
Because it's a game? What is this, Cinema Sins?
Also, the game offers you choices right from the beginning... Not only does that whole argument make no sense, but it's already contradicted by the very same game you're talking about.

Kevin Smarts

Respected User
Game Developer
Jul 21, 2017
He made one comment with one suggestion, you're the one being overly aggressive for no reason right now... In case you haven't played many games, a lot of them do give you an option to choose the content you want featured or not in your gameplay. In Girl Life for instance, there is always a clear choice that immediately ends an event if you want it to end. That way you don't get gangraped by homeless people if that's not your thing.

Just because the premise of the game involves kidnapping doesn't mean you can't have any say in how the rest of the game progresses... what kind of dumb logic is that?
Are you telling me how Girl Life works? o_O

• Haha
Reactions: Lysander6

Nymphonomicon

Jan 10, 2019
Talking loud enough to be heard over the music, the club owner says, "Hey. If it isn’t my favourite slutty little employee. How’s that hot rack of yours feeling today? Anyway, I’ve got a lot of good work for you today, need dancers, need bar girls, need someone to suck my cock and tell me how great I am. As always, the pay is fucking amazing, and the benefits are great too", he states grasping his crotch and laughing, Error: HTML tag "span" is not closed"Or, you could be boring, do some grunt work carrying stuff, some boring drink mixing. But, why would a pretty girl like you want to do some shitty work like that? Still, up to you"</span>.

Reactions: Jpmaggers

Pooploser64

Dec 29, 2019
if that's a glitch than you would probably have better luck reporting it here! if you found the glitch on The Repurposing Center (patreon) 0.4.02(b) than you should not let it be known that you got it from here and not patreon because while Jpmaggers claimed it was ok you can still never be too sure when it comes to these things like for all we know they could of just got really lucky with the account name!

Reactions: Jpmaggers

Jpmaggers

Nov 17, 2017
So, I went and ignored this thread for a good month and a bit as I've been deep in thesis writing and I come back to an argument (and a helpful bug report - thanks Nymphonomicon). Better try to answer everything I can do as best as I can.

Before I get into that though, please try to be nice to each other folks. Game devs have feelings too.

- P.S. I get that as I'm not verified as the game dev by this forum it's possible to write me off as a lucky name-sitter. However, I'm the real deal, and Kevin Smarts who I've chatted with about game dev a decent amount in the past with (though we've fallen out of contact somewhat due to busy-ness on both sides) can verify if anyone is burning-ly interested by poking me over on my TFGamesSite account. There's also the part about me fixing bugs mentioned over here and specifically mentioning the users in the thank you part of the change log, and also that I've talked to Pooploser both here and on the Foxtalestimes thread. Anyway, I'm the real me is the jist of this part :)

- P.P.S. I've also seen a bit of an argument about the motivations of the in-game facility (mostly regarding whether they'd give the player freedom of choice within it or not). Not to give too much away for long-term plot points, but their intentions are mostly to create the highest quality most motivated slaves/submissives possible which they consider hard to do without offering the player that level of freedom (even if it requires the players to be hounded by trainers along with that freedom). That said, they have a lot of trainees to work with in their aim to create high quality slaves/submissives, so if the player flunks out or gets wrapped up in the grasp of someone else it's easy to write them off as a minor loss. There are also deeper reasons than just money for why the facility is training slaves, but that'd be real spoiler territory ;)

It'd be better if you had any control at all over how you get fucked. Even in the glory holes it just plays whatever scene it feels like. You can train specific sex skills, vaginal, oral, penile, but it just feels pointless if I can max out a skill, go to work and get 0 people making use of it. I also just plain don't like anal and constantly being fucked in the ass by everyone all the time is boring.
Hi ara ^_^

Suggestions are always appreciated, and I really do try to factor them into the game. Unlike projects such as Girl Life I'm a one man team, so there are limitations on what I can and can't do in terms of content, as such sometimes I end up compromising and only putting in a little of something. Sorry about that. The main purpose of the sex skills currently is to make money, with the end goal for them being a major factor in the final auction content that has been delayed for a while due to project setbacks and health issues on my part.

Think of the job encounters as the random job/school encounters in Girl Life, you have the general jist of what you're doing explained up front but sometimes the content muddles a bit around that area of content especially for the more vague content sections. Some jobs have complex encounters (those with choices) others don't. I've also previously had issues with filtering content on jobs for players, which is why these issues are more prevalent in the older content (like the brothel and gloryhole), though now I've got a better way of filtering scenes this should be less of an issue going forward.

As for disliking anal, if you'd like to submit that as a suggestion I'd be more than to look into creating a customization option to remove anal from players games who aren't interested in it :)

The point seems to be to raise skills for specific sex acts, to join specific sex clubs/jobs/whatever, to just be dumped into near identical sex scenes everywhere that pretty much ignore every choice you made.
You can have a game where you are dominated and have it be more specific than 'whatever bro'. The game has NPC's who specifically specialize in certain sex acts; the trainers. There's precedent in universe for this. This is also how the cat girl cafe works for everyone but you, with one even being a domme and another literally just sleeps on money.
Some jobs make sense that the client simply chooses for you, others do not. Because that's not how they work for everyone else.
This one seems a little grumpier, but I get that you're arguing with Kevin at this point so I can understand.

The point of the game is somewhat in the hands of the player, in that it's up to the player to decide whether they're trying to date NPC's, escape the facility, make a lot of money, or find a good potential owner. Raising skills gets you more money to buy items, customize your appearance, attempt to escape, and will eventually play a big part in final score and the auction ending route.

Near identical sex scenes is kind of mean thinking over the amount of fetishes I've written, but if you're treading the same content areas I can see that to some extent. Limitations in a long-form writing interactive novel game mean that I can't offer as many options as a cut-down and leaner life simulator like Girl Life (and I don't mean that in a bad way, more that my scenes are 1k words + of writing in most instances).

But I guess the big question is. What exactly do you want from the game? Are disappointed by the lack of domme's? As that is something that I plan to deal with. Or, is it a lack of dominant content which has long been an issues in the game as I just get more requests for submissive scenes. As I've stated before, I'm one guy, so I can only add so much, and big updates like backgrounds and alternate introduction paths do take a lot of time out of my hands (along with handling commissioned content). I guess the long and short of this one is just to let me know?

As for the cat-girls they aren't in training, they're owned by the facility (though your point still stands).

Its like how in trap quest you can TRY to offer a hole to people. It doesn't work a lot of the time. And that's a lot of the fun, trying to steer people into fucking you how you want, despite being the dedicated bottom.
But in this the MC doesn't even try even in jobs where nothing suggests they'd be unable to do so.
Again, I've mostly covered this in the last one, but there's a big difference between cut-down interactions with NPC's in Trap Quest and writing in-depth sex scenes (again I really like Trap Quest but it's a different style altogether and if I did the same each scene would be 5-10k words easily). Due to these limitations the best I normally can do is differing the players reactions and speech based on the submissiveness level of the player (and genital and major body part combinations).

But, I think I'm getting it more. You're looking for more choices and more ways to steer choices as a bottom. I'll look into this, but at the end of the day I can only do so much.

I covered that in my first post. Because there is precedent for it, many characters do have a choice, you can be trained in specific acts, tailor your body for specific fetishes, etc. The inability to find clients who specifically want what you have gone out of your way to spend your good girl points to be good at and look the part for is weird.
I guess the best question for me to ask here is what specific fetishes have you tailored your body towards and what would you like to see. I get kind of swamped with requests for specific content, normally on the more out there fetish content (like Pet-Play, ABDL, etc.), so if your fetish is more normal-ish (like bimbo's, oral, etc.) I can kind of get the frustration.

But, and it's a big but, I can't add in the cool content that you'd be interested in if people like you don't tell me what they want to see. Again, remember that game devs are all just trying there best to create content that you all love :)

Talking loud enough to be heard over the music, the club owner says, "Hey. If it isn’t my favourite slutty little employee. How’s that hot rack of yours feeling today? Anyway, I’ve got a lot of good work for you today, need dancers, need bar girls, need someone to suck my cock and tell me how great I am. As always, the pay is fucking amazing, and the benefits are great too", he states grasping his crotch and laughing, Error: HTML tag "span" is not closed"Or, you could be boring, do some grunt work carrying stuff, some boring drink mixing. But, why would a pretty girl like you want to do some shitty work like that? Still, up to you"</span>.
Hi Nymphonomicon ^_^

Thank you for the bug report. I'll get this fixed up right away, fingers crossed it'll be ready for the next patreon build.

if that's a glitch than you would probably have better luck reporting it here! if you found the glitch on The Repurposing Center (patreon) 0.4.02(b) than you should not let it be known that you got it from here and not patreon because while Jpmaggers claimed it was ok you can still never be too sure when it comes to these things like for all we know they could of just got really lucky with the account name!
Hey Pooploser ^_^

For reference to everyon Pooploser is right that Foxtalestime and TFGamesSite (along with my Patreon) are the best places to let me know if you want to be sure I'll see it.

As I've said before too, I really don't mind that people grab my builds and put them places like here. Though a Patreon pledge here or there to support the developer is also appreciated when people can manage it ;)

3.80 star(s) 6 Votes