Coaxmetal

Nov 29, 2019
Is that because of her laughing face in one of the scenes? :ROFLMAO: Her laugh definitely isn’t hideous, it can be loud, like she’s not afraid to laugh, but it’s still a nice, warm laugh:giggle:
Now I'll kill the joke and welcome the "neeeeeerrrrd" taunts.
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
PS. Didn't specifically refer to her images since they are not hideous.

SeptCloud

Creator of The Seven Realms
Game Developer
May 4, 2021
Yeeeaaah… went a bit too deep with this one.
Don't ask me why I was low-key interested in the topic :ROFLMAO:

DetlaffGlobe

Oct 2, 2021
I’m a bit late to the party but I finally played the latest update and I loved it. I really like that so far this game seems to have a great blend of character development and story progression. I can’t wait for the next update as I really want to see more of these characters.

I also wonder what some of the others in this thread think about my ideas below?

Thnx for the excellent update. I can’t wait for the next one!!

WerewolfSinX

Feb 7, 2021
I'm glad I pledged on Patreon, this game is just really good I've replayed it so many times now. Gonna have to move this game to either my top 1 or 2 tough descison for me but I love the characters and were the story is going. Best part for me other than the obvious is Harem is optional.

SeptCloud

Game Developer
May 4, 2021
I’m a bit late to the party but I finally played the latest update and I loved it. I really like that so far this game seems to have a great blend of character development and story progression. I can’t wait for the next update as I really want to see more of these characters.

I also wonder what some of the others in this thread think about my ideas below?

Thnx for the excellent update. I can’t wait for the next one!!
Thanks so much, we’re really glad that you enjoyed it and are looking forward to the next one.

The good news is that our next update is due to be released , so you don't have too long to wait ;)

As for your theory:

SeptCloud

Game Developer
May 4, 2021
I'm glad I pledged on Patreon, this game is just really good I've replayed it so many times now. Gonna have to move this game to either my top 1 or 2 tough descison for me but I love the characters and were the story is going. Best part for me other than the obvious is Harem is optional.
Thanks very much, your support is massively appreciated! It means so much to us that people like you are enjoying the game as much as this and thanks for letting us know that you do :)

Reactions: WerewolfSinX

SeptCloud

Game Developer
May 4, 2021
i liked the game and why the vampire games have such a good story?
Thanks, we’re glad that you think so and that you’re enjoying it. Hopefully you will like where we go with the story :)

Last edited:
  • Red Heart
Reactions: mondy159

DetlaffGlobe

Oct 2, 2021
Thanks so much, we’re really glad that you enjoyed it and are looking forward to the next one.

The good news is that our next update is due to be released , so you don't have too long to wait ;)

As for your theory:
Not long at all :D thanks you guys for your hard work, it’s easy to see how passionate you are about this game and that’s really exciting to me

Reactions: mondy159

Content_Consumer

Dec 24, 2019
SeptCloud

Why is space-bar not enabled as a way to advance scenes?
I have a rare form of arthritis [extreme back pain for years and more recently my hands are getting worse] and clicking with only the mouse the whole time gets uncomfortable.
I enabled it with "$ config.keymap['dismiss'].append ('K_SPACE')" through the console.

Also is there a specific reason that the option to disable transitions is not available? [Had to enable the console and do it manually, "preferences.transitions = 0"]

Anyway I've only just started with it and it otherwise seems decent so far.

Last edited:
  • Hey there
Reactions: SeptCloud

goulet1995

Sep 30, 2021
SeptCloud

I have a rare form of arthritis [extreme back pain for years and more recently my hands are getting worse] and clicking with only the mouse the whole time gets uncomfortable.

Also is there a specific reason that the option to disable transitions is not available? [Had to enable the console and do it manually, "preferences.transitions = 0"]

thats something on your dide maybe witht the spacebar it works for me

Content_Consumer

Dec 24, 2019
it only worked for after I used "$ config.keymap['dismiss'].append ('K_SPACE')" through the console.

I've played through hundreds of renpy VNs and this is the first time I've had to do it.

edit: let me add that if it is indeed working for everyone else then I'm at a loss, because all the other key-binds worked, I can advance scenes with the enter key, for example.

Last edited:

SeptCloud

Game Developer
May 4, 2021
SeptCloud

I enabled it with "$ config.keymap['dismiss'].append ('K_SPACE')" through the console.

it only worked for after I used "$ config.keymap['dismiss'].append ('K_SPACE')" through the console.

I've played through hundreds of renpy VNs and this is the first time I've had to do it.

edit: let me add that if it is indeed working for everyone else then I'm at a loss, because all the other key-binds worked, I can advance scenes with the enter key, for example.
Thanks for your comments, I thought I would reply to them all at once.

So a couple of people have made us aware that they are facing this issue, but most people seem not to be. We have looked into it and it appears to be a rare bug within RenPy that if the mouse is used then the game no longer responds to the spacebar. We're unsure why this is occurring, and it's strange that it only happens sometimes. We will look into that workaround with the console that you have advised of in your comment to see if we are able to implement that within the code in some form to resolve this issue.

As for the ability to disable transitions, this was not an active decision on our part - it's not something that we had considered. We will have a look into this as well. Thanks for your feedback and apologies for the discomfort caused. Hopefully, you will be able to enjoy the game more comfortably in the future :)

Content_Consumer

Dec 24, 2019
it appears to be a rare bug within RenPy that if the mouse is used then the game no longer responds to the spacebar. We're unsure why this is occurring, and it's strange that it only happens sometimes. We will look into that workaround with the console that you have advised of in your comment to see if we are able to implement that within the code in some form to resolve this issue.
Yes I noticed this as well after I posted, I was using space after the console command just fine but after clicking a choice it stopped working.

However I've discovered something, if I load a save [space-bar still not working at this point] and then choose to go back to the title screen and start a new game then space-bar works just fine, as you would it expect it to.
I did some testing and it seems to work like this every time.

Potentially related, it seems like the volume options aren't being saved either, so after reloading the VN the sound volume was back at the default setting.

After seeing this I tested message speed and skip mode options and those do seem to be saved after reloading the VN.

I don't know Renpy code well enough to offer suggestions off the top of my head, so I don't want to risk sending you on a wild goose chase, so to speak, but if there is anything I can test for you, since I seem to have this rare problem, then feel free to ask.

• Red Heart
Reactions: SeptCloud

SeptCloud

Game Developer
May 4, 2021
Yes I noticed this as well after I posted, I was using space after the console command just fine but after clicking a choice it stopped working.

However I've discovered something, if I load a save [space-bar still not working at this point] and then choose to go back to the title screen and start a new game then space-bar works just fine, as you would it expect it to.
I did some testing and it seems to work like this every time.

Potentially related, it seems like the volume options aren't being saved either, so after reloading the VN the sound volume was back at the default setting.

After seeing this I tested message speed and skip mode options and those do seem to be saved after reloading the VN.

I don't know Renpy code well enough to offer suggestions off the top of my head, so I don't want to risk sending you on a wild goose chase, so to speak, but if there is anything I can test for you, since I seem to have this rare problem, then feel free to ask.
Thanks for the feedback. We are continuing to investigate the space bar issue. We may not have this resolved in time for the update that we are releasing tomorrow, but I do hope that we will be able to work something out in our future releases.

Good point regarding the volume sliders as well. We will look at adjusting that as well :)

And thanks for your offer, that's very kind of you. We will bear that in mind!

4.30 star(s) 95 Votes