RPGM - Completed - The Ship of Servitude [v1.5] [Corrupt]

1. 3.00 star(s)

Golden Idiot

Version: v1.5

Machine translated with censorship, already a big minus on two fronts. The game itself plays like any other scuffed RPGM game. Only two scenes per girl makes a man sad.

An uninspired RPGM game that could have been more.
  2. 2.00 star(s)

markconnor

I found it to be a below average and unpleasant game, held up only by having some okay content.

Gameplay: It's an action game with the loosest of RPG content. You play as a evil person looking to take over the world by brainwashing the world's best generals, each represented by a furry/youkai. Gameplay is boringly linear -- run around a mini-map smashing brown boulders to remove a barrier so you can smash a black boulder. 2 mini-map games like this, then you get a boss fight. Then you get to repeat this process for all 4 of the bosses. Each general that you defeat becomes brainwashed and can be used in these mini-map missions. Then there is a superboss where you have to re-defeat all the original bosses again before you can beat them. Collect some purple crystals hiding in the mini-maps to unlock CG scenes and slightly upgrade your troops.

UX and game design is just terrible. Right off the bat, you're told to attack the katsune (cat furries). Except your two starting generals are melee attackers, and the katsune final boss requires having their support unit attacked at range to drop their barrier so the general can be attacked at melee. So unless you defeat the 2nd oni-horned general first (or one of the other ranged generals), you can't win the fight. Battle strategy is also not explained -- you just sort of have to figure out some enemies are only susceptible to attacks when they are trying to attack you first. If you get lucky you just use a fast general, trap the enemy general in a corner, and spam "J" to attack them to death with no reprisal.

Artwork is okay. It delivers on crotch tattoo, pregnancy, and brainwashing/corruption fetishes I guess. None of the characters have enough development to really feel enjoyable when they get corrupted, and almost as soon as they do, they're put on the shelf and not really focused on again until the final battle.

Overall it's a CG set or at best a doujinshi that someone tried desparately to turn into a game, but couldn't be bothered to make something enjoyable to play to accomplish that.
  3. 5.00 star(s)

ScionOfGoldenFlame

This game is something. I love it, its really well done, if having some lost potential. There is a lot here that's really unique that you don't see in the H-game scene, especially when it comes to RPG maker, which usually either swing wide to either walking simulators with scenes along the path, or overambitious gameplay which makes getting scenes a nightmare.

GAMEPLAY:
    The gameplay tries, with remarkable success, to be something of an action RPG. Every character you can control has a unique set of skills, and each of them handles remarkably well. Even just the novelty of theses systems in RPG maker was impressive, and its pulled off in a way that I've only ever seen one other game top. The missions themselves are never very difficult, though enjoyable, but the boss fights are where the game really shines. Its unique, and probably the best aspect of the game.

STORY/PLOT:
    The story is simple, if perhaps a tiny bit above the generic RPG maker game. You play the roll of a sadistic futanari special-forces officer, sent to an island nation for reasons. You dominate, torture, and brainwash the inhabitants, and take control of the land. Its basic, but engaging enough as it is. The characters aren't exactly great, but unique, and they all play off the mind-break themes in their own ways, which is what this game is really all about anyways. The game also features a post-game scenario to play, once you've brought everyone under your control, which was a welcome surprise, and very fun to play.

SCENES:
    The art is good. Not amazing, but I've seen much worse.
    Other reviews have called the scenes "grotesque", which is an anomaly to me, as I would give the scenes maybe a 3/10 on the crazy scale. It ain't vanilla stuff, that's for sure, but beyond that, its pretty tame. Your typical grab-bag of hentai mind-break stuff. Some bondage, humiliation, drugs, and the like. Actually, my only complaint about the game, is here at the sexy bits. And that is that there is remarkably little sex. Despite playing as a futanari, its only rarely important for the h-scenes, as most of the scenes center around the mind-breaking, and less about plowing your mind-broken slaves.
    Its a personal preference, not enough for me to take off a star, but it is a tad disappointing to see that potential missed.

OVERALL
    If you are a fan of mind break, I would 100% give this game a try. You'll never play another game like it.
    If you just want a new kind of RPG maker experience, and like or don't mind mind-break, I would still recommend this game.
  4. 4.00 star(s)

unicron9999

Played it, fun and interesting CGs, good if you like a little bit of spooky with your corruption. Had a good amount of content, including some end game stuff you won't see coming. Would recommend trying out and buying if you end up liking it. the studio that made it has some other cool corruption titles.
  5. 1.00 star(s)

qwermhv

Pros:
    - Some good images.
    Cons:
    - Some are really disgusting pictures.
    - No history
    - Boring Gameplay (nothing to do actually)
    -Fetish = All
    - You have like 100 games better than this, unless you are that one who loves mind breaking i even consider dowloaded
    -If you are in mindbreak this could be a 1.5 stars.
  6. 5.00 star(s)

prettystupid

Short and sweet, not a ton of cgs, but what's there is nice and very well done. The corruption is some of the best I've seen, and the art matches it really well. Combat isn't anything special, but it's not annoying like a lot of games. Has a fun new game+ too.
  7. 1.00 star(s)

Rastafoo

With less than two hours of content, this game is STILL not worth your time.

Its primary focus is futanari and brainwashing. Many artworks are grotesque and very difficult to look at. There are no likeable characters. The story is simply "go conquer some tribes", and the gameplay is so simple, a pigeon could beat it.

This game has no redeeming qualities outside of the high CG count.

There are games WITHOUT CG's that are more fun than this. Its honestly, a huge waste of time.