Mod Others The Sims 4: Mod Collection [K.Leoric]

4.80 star(s) 25 Votes

Do you want to divide the thread in 2 (CC and mod) or keep it as it is?

• divide

Votes: 537 54.8%
  • keep it as it is

Votes: 443 45.2%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

MickCasanova

Sep 29, 2018
Patreon is like heroin to a creator. Once they get hooked, nothing else matters. I can understand accepting some unsolicited support, but there's a point at which the support becomes the reason and not the actual mod. Now it seems like the objective is to string the mod along and milk it as much as possible, adding needless features that no one really cares about just to have some excuse to keep accepting donations. WW, Basemental, and MCCC are guilty of this. It just irritates me that EA condones it. Thank goodness for places like this...

_Fin_

Jan 2, 2018
Patreon is like heroin to a creator. Once they get hooked, nothing else matters. I can understand accepting some unsolicited support, but there's a point at which the support becomes the reason and not the actual mod. Now it seems like the objective is to string the mod along and milk it as much as possible, adding needless features that no one really cares about just to have some excuse to keep accepting donations. WW, Basemental, and MCCC are guilty of this. It just irritates me that EA condones it. Thank goodness for places like this...
I think it's more like YouTube. As far as I saw, creators start out full of promises and passion, they set out to deliver as much as possible, then they stop caring as much as they did. They stop improving, they release far less animations/updates, they create new payment tiers.

6DarkRaven9

Nov 14, 2017
I think it's more like YouTube. As far as I saw, creators start out full of promises and passion, they set out to deliver as much as possible, then they stop caring as much as they did. They stop improving, they release far less animations/updates, they create new payment tiers.
Did you share the Lupo update on the discord first yet?

Norbert

May 16, 2017
Someone know how to get rid of some strange kind of underwear that i cant undress. What kind of mod could possibly doing this? On everyone it looks the same (grey) like on mannequins.

ChirpChirp

Mar 31, 2018
I don't know, a lot of people seem to complain about Patreon projects, while the entire point of Patreon is support someone right? "I like what you're doing, here's some money so you can keep doing it." I understand wanting more from someone you're paying, but rarely do I see people that are actual programmers or game designers or animators or projects leads in real life giving actual nuanced opinions on how what can be done or how fast it can be done. It's always "I have no experience in programming/animating/drawing/modding/anythingrelatedtothesubject BUT why can't we have A, B, and C in this time period stop milking".

babydoll

May 16, 2018
I don't know, a lot of people seem to complain about Patreon projects, while the entire point of Patreon is support someone right? "I like what you're doing, here's some money so you can keep doing it." I understand wanting more from someone you're paying, but rarely do I see people that are actual programmers or game designers or animators or projects leads in real life giving actual nuanced opinions on how what can be done or how fast it can be done. It's always "I have no experience in programming/animating/drawing/modding/anythingrelatedtothesubject BUT why can't we have A, B, and C in this time period stop milking".
I think in the sims community, it's different. Very rarely is it support. Most ppl pledge to a sims patreon because they want what is LOCKED behind a paywall. They want the exclusive item and have no other way to get it, unless they pledge. This is why I believe it's treated more like a business, or simple transaction, and not so much like a support situation. Most ppl aren't pledging because they like the creator as a person, or simply because they like their work and want to help out. It was more 'support' back when creators asked for donations or 'buy me a coffee' and ppl gave money only because they wanted to help. Now, they dangle exclusive previews in ur face and if u want what the cool kids got, u have to pledge lol...so yeah, it's more like a business exchange and the customer is always right, as ppl say.

HughMungusWhat

Sep 21, 2017
I don't know if this is a WW thing or a Sims thing, but my sims spend an awfully lot of time at work. They go to work at their normal times, but when time for work to end, they are still there and stay sometimes til early morning, one even stayed 2 days and came home in their 2nd trimester. Is there a glitch in the game or could a mod be causing it?
This has been happening to me for a few weeks as well. Sometimes going into build/buy mode will bring them home on time, but it doesn't always work. It even seems like my whole game breaks sometimes when they're at work, like I'll tell one of my vampires to drink from another sim and they'll just stand there indefinitely. It got so bad that I actually had to start a new game, and so far it hasn't been doing it anymore. Not sure if a mod is causing it or what.

babydoll

May 16, 2018
And yet you have poor oOOlala dude being, like, super sick or something and not releasing anything for over two months, and people comforting him. Even better than a business!
Right lol. If ppl was just giving 'support' then they would have so much love for him, who cares if he takes a break without producing products lol

M Schum

Mar 27, 2018
And yet you have poor oOOlala dude being, like, super sick or something and not releasing anything for over two months, and people comforting him. Even better than a business!
Well, lets take Noah Antwiler as a example because I know about this one so ...

Last post on Patreon is from Jun 11, 2016 and yet, 128 patrons / $475 per month, there are Patreons that been abandoned yet because Patreon is a subscription system people that forget to unsubscribe will still pay for every single month, you cannot turn that off even if you wanted outside closing the entire Patreon.

People do use Patreon to be a shop and Patreon have no issues with that because they take a cut for processing payments, people are becoming more critical of then because there is competition and Patreon been abusing their position.

Reactions: maldo and rev22x20

ShaggyDhs78

Jul 17, 2018
This has been happening to me for a few weeks as well. Sometimes going into build/buy mode will bring them home on time, but it doesn't always work. It even seems like my whole game breaks sometimes when they're at work, like I'll tell one of my vampires to drink from another sim and they'll just stand there indefinitely. It got so bad that I actually had to start a new game, and so far it hasn't been doing it anymore. Not sure if a mod is causing it or what.
I had luck with pausing it for a few minutes right before time for work to end. When I did, my sim suddenly appeared standing infront of their elevator. They still stand there a while before starting an action. Could be the number of NPCs generated in a town.

MickCasanova

Sep 29, 2018
My initial complaint was that the "Impressions" system was in WW at all. I hadn't had any problems with my sim being accused of cheating on his partner until I used the newest WW. I have since excised the "Impressions" system from that version of WW and the issue has abated.....

Nov 2, 2018
"Now, they dangle exclusive previews in ur face and if u want what the cool kids got, u have to pledge"
Or watch one of their stupid Youtube video's, until they have enough likes..... Grrr I hate that more then anything.

ChiraqFreaky

Aug 14, 2018
But we also have creators like E404P who's quality could go Patreon but doesn't i would support her work i am a fan
Lol E404 is on Patreon.. We’re close “business” friends.

Shit it was me that pushed her into WW because she was like fuck this shit tbh. She tried to get me to keep making clothes also. Lol Ying Yang.

She is like #1 next to Motherlode imo.. all she is missing is sound.

She doesn’t charge for WW animations because in her opinion it is not her best work yet. But if you need poses and etc those are there.

Status
Not open for further replies.
4.80 star(s) 25 Votes