Mod Others The Sims 4: Mod Collection [K.Leoric]

4.80 star(s) 25 Votes

Do you want to divide the thread in 2 (CC and mod) or keep it as it is?

• divide

Votes: 537 54.8%
  • keep it as it is

Votes: 443 45.2%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Dec 7, 2018
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
Just a heads up. She told someone on Patreon that Basemental drugs is now a must have for her mod to work. So if you are having issues with getting it to work with this release that is why. I can't live without basemental but wtf... she trippin.

Oct 25, 2018
It works, only not the way people expect.
During sex, both sims will be as there was no height slider "same size" - when sex ends they will be resized to the previous user defined heights.
If you don't see this in your game, open console and type ww.fix > hit return and try again.
I tried with Lummia's sliders and it worked.
I personally didn't like the feature and removed the slider mod.
There's only a couple sliders supported, read the change log.
Tks guy, I understood the concept of the operation and it was exactly what I expected. I'll try using the ww.fix command. thanks for the tip!

Reactions: Azoresman

RobinF

Nov 30, 2017
I have a question: will the new bones/fluid movements that redfaction is proposing possibly slow down the game? I imagine that there's a technical reason why EA has not given us hair that moves in the first place. Too many calculations? The need for a high poly avatar?

Someone mentioned the clothes would need to be weighted for his new armature, so, I'm really curious...

weednes

Feb 9, 2019
I have a question: will the new bones/fluid movements that redfaction is proposing possibly slow down the game? I imagine that there's a technical reason why EA has not given us hair that moves in the first place. Too many calculations? The need for a high poly avatar?

Someone mentioned the clothes would need to be weighted for his new armature, so, I'm really curious...
About the calculations, I'm not 100% sure about that but the number of polygons does not vary so in reality the game would continue to move the same data, also unlike TS3, TS4 is quite stable, I would bet that we would not have problems but I miss a little how things work inside the game engine

Yeah,it is right, every mesh needs to be weighted with the new armature if not the new added bones would not be work
Counting that each pants, shoes, shirt etc etc is a mesh that replaces the basic body mesh in the game, imagine but do not worry much about that, I guess that when the sims are dressed only the bones corresponding to the armature standard will be used so no bouncing out of the bed ;P
And about your other question, it can be done with a lowpoly mesh, in fact it's easier to do it, more polygons more complication but more fluid and natural results if you do it well
With the cartoon style of the sims it is not necessary to deploy a great technical boast, the result with the mesh of the game can be satisfactory

Personally I think that REDFACTION has been exceeded, with adding new bones that make the function of correctors for the deformation of certain parts of the body when bending was enough, and really some animators like Amra already use existing ones very well so ...

But if really you or someone else is curious about these aspects I think that redfaction continues here, nobody better to consult these doubts

Reactions: RobinF

HeliosPirate

Dec 6, 2017

Tbh, if these things aren't in the game, it's because the devs are lazy. simple as that.

The game was unfinished and they keep rushing new contents anyway. "technical reason" is a lie when it's from EA. they said the same thing about pools and toddlers, or terrain tools.

weednes

Feb 9, 2019
Tbh, if these things aren't in the game, it's because the devs are lazy. simple as that.

The game was unfinished and they keep rushing new contents anyway. "technical reason" is a lie when it's from EA. they said the same thing about pools and toddlers, or terrain tools.
If EA sell it to in chapters instead of winning 60-70 euros EA win ...
how much is the total price of TS3 complete? 400$ maybe 500$

rev22x20

Apr 19, 2018
Just a heads up. She told someone on Patreon that Basemental drugs is now a must have for her mod to work. So if you are having issues with getting it to work with this release that is why. I can't live without basemental but wtf... she trippin.
Oh for God sakes....really? I had basemental a long, long time ago but deleted it since I dint really use it AT ALL.
I really don't want a mod that I really won't use......my mods folder begs me not to.

Reactions: whiskey4breakfast

renarena

Jul 2, 2018
Hi all! I have a question for you. I just saw that NisaK will be requiring basementals mod in order to use hers :cautious: I really don't want drugs in my game...so is there a way to just have basementals in my mod folder without having to worry about drug sims wondering around (no traits or anything)? Thanks!

Reactions: ducky413

Deane9850

Jan 4, 2018
I agree and it's a great suggestion, there are creators who deserve some spotlight and i will think in a way to show them to everyone.

2 links to start it rolling then. From the last few pages in this thread.

And of course ... but everyone knows her already

Sheikus

Aug 24, 2018
Hi all! I have a question for you. I just saw that NisaK will be requiring basementals mod in order to use hers :cautious: I really don't want drugs in my game...so is there a way to just have basementals in my mod folder without having to worry about drug sims wondering around (no traits or anything)? Thanks!
Yes, you can disable autonomous drug use and police busts, etc.

Reactions: renarena

KekKoo

Apr 4, 2018

The game, as far as my knowledge goes, (Although I'm sure something is inaccurate somewhere), wouldn't have been this way if they'd simply didn't originally try an Online/Multiplayer(/MMO-Style..?) approach to it, but my thing with this is, I would've been 100% for it. (If they'd tried it in a way that didn't push the game into an Online-Only state, like Simcity was. It was the Simcity fright that pushed them away from the concept to begin with as well.)

I know people keep saying that don't want it, but could they AT LEAST add the "If it's optional though, then that's okay" part to it? It'd be perfect if it was literally drop in and drop out, NON online only, but optional setup? And if both players have the same mods kind of style? I can imagine a LOT of fun stuff if they'd actually tried it this way, and some games are actually like that already. I just, again, wish people weren't so full on Anti-Multiplayer about The Sims. It's The Sims 2 on console that literally made me fall in love with the concept. (And The Urbz: Sims in the City.)

EDIT: There was also a chance of there being micro-transactions based on some info I'd read some time ago as well so... That was also just... That was obviously going to be a type of shit storm.. :cautious:

Reactions: ChiraqFreaky

AlinaReloaded

Nov 26, 2017
Basemental has been a requirement for a while now, possibly from the beginning. Drugs have a major influence on the way her traits and aspirations work. Most people must not have noticed because they've just been using both, but you were always *supposed* to have it.

Dec 7, 2018
Basemental has been a requirement for a while now, possibly from the beginning. Drugs have a major influence on the way her traits and aspirations work. Most people must not have noticed because they've just been using both, but you were always *supposed* to have it.
Really? I just started with BMD about 2 weeks ago but have been using her mod since it first came out and never had an issue with her mod without it and also never noticed anything referencing drugs. Wonder why all of the sudden it breaks the game.

Reactions: renarena
Status
Not open for further replies.
4.80 star(s) 25 Votes