RPGM - Completed - The Succubus Trap Island [v1.03] [Tsukinomizu Project]

1. 4.00 star(s)

BakaBaka121

Rating a Tsuki-no-mizu game 4 stars feels like a crime, but that's what this one was.

The art was as good as always, but having only one protagonist really reduced the creativity and fun scenarios the games of this circle have.

Almost all the content is trap based, which you may have already guessed, and while the story remains light-hearted as other games from this circle, it doesn't feel as satisfying.

This was clearly meant to be a side project while the circle worked on a bigger game. Still recommend playing it!
  2. 5.00 star(s)

Abryxn

TL;DR: An overall really enjoyable play in the ero-trap dungeon genre that doesn't get enough exposure. Before downloading the full save, I would really recommend giving the actual game a try!

Pros
    + Lots of CG from simple ero-traps to lewd effects that can happen to your player. It adds a nice degree of immersion with how the character can actually react and interact with her environment.
    + Ero-trap dungeon, if you're into it, this is definitely for you. The main gameplay loop revolves around all enemies trying to lewd you in any way, shape, and form. Especially since some traps revolve around altering the physical player character, which I always find a plus e.g. breast expansion or futaranization.
    + Art, the art in this game is fairly good quality overall.
    + Focus on actual scenes, the game itself doesn't need a lot of grinding to get to content that's enjoyable. Even if you lose and have a permanent stat change, you can get right back into it.

Cons
    - Semi-grindy, some of the enemies and stages can get a bit tedious to get around. I don't personally think this detracts from the overall gameplay too much, but it can be a pain sometimes. It's easy to get around this if you just change your MP to 999, so you can optionally avoid most situations.
    + Gameplay itself, the game is a standard turn-based, but the combat system is really janky, and it can be hard to actually win fights if you don't know what you're doing. Even if you do, you can still lose if you haven't grinded and lost enough.
    - A lot of focus on urination, this isn't my personal cup of tea, which is why it's a con. There are a lot of scenes in my memory that include this.
    - Story and translation, while the story is there, it's not anything to write home about. It does drive the whole game, but some parts are really confusing due to the translation not being perfect.

Summary
    If you have the time, I would really recommend giving this game a shot. Its art is good, and there is a lot of content to get through. Each dungeon has a fun theme to navigate around, and discovering all the ero-scenes can be enjoyable. You're bound to find one that you like. There's a focus I think on anal and urination content, with some pregnancy sprinkled in (it's not much), but I would say that there's an overall balance. If you're not a fan of those scenes, just skip them.

I didn't really like the overall gameplay combat system, but it's bearable as is. The environments and traps placed throughout are the real gem for me. I really like this type of genre, and I would recommend dthe game if you also like this type of game. You're playing the game more for the scenes rather than the story they've dotted throughout.

(Edit: I will be replaying this with a new translation, but the con with translation/story could be significantly less now that the game has a AI translation.)
  3. 2.00 star(s)

HentaiGeheBoiz

Pros:
    +Some scenes have some animation. But not a lot, mostly its just 2 or 3 images.
    +Its a trap dungeon there are not many of these
    Cons:

-Unavoidable pissing and other scenes that are on the grotesque side.
    -Battle Rape scenes are just bad. You are better off skipping them.
    -MTL, its bad. Text clipping also an issue. Im still not sure what story is about considered many times important info just clips the nope out.
    -Stats. They are not even translated so I dont know what is what. Just you need 50 point that 100 points there and its confusing.
    -Dungeons are just bad. At best 1 type of trap per dungeon and some traps are literally unavoidable and they tend to be centered on wierd fetish stuff.

TLDR: Translations 1/5, story 1/5, scenes are somewhat okey when they dont go on wierd fetish. Character design is mediocre. Also no clothing system 2 hours into the game yet.
  4. 5.00 star(s)

TruuthBoi

Overall a fantastic game, as expected from Tsukinomizu.

The MTL is rough, sure... I had no idea WTF was going on most of the time, but the awesome h scenes and fun gameplay kept me going.

Very good storyline, lore, and sidequests as well. Also doesn't overstay its welcome, like "Nightmare Girls" did. Definitely one of the hard hitters from this circle.

Hope to see a proper translation in the future.
  5. 3.00 star(s)

cunning_linguist

Very straightforward game, easy enough to beat even with the MTL being rough around the edges. The main crux of the game is to navigate through trap-laden dungeons, where enemies and obstacles alike will constantly constantly violate our heroine, Leaf. You can also explore the island and trigger H events with the tourists, assuming certain conditions are met. Humiliation is the name of the game, so if you're into that then you'll have a blast.

When you start off, you're probably going to fail a lot either due to triggering too many traps (a lot of which are outright unavoidable) or getting into a battle you weren't ready for. Failure is hardly a setback though, in fact it's very much encouraged. Like its predecessor Naedoko Demon's Ground, failure is simply another means to grow stronger. Each time your HP hits 0, your HP and MP increase by an appreciable amount, making it easier to push forward to the end of the dungeon. With a de-emphasis on combat, all you really need to beat this game is lots of perseverance.

Compared to Naedoko Demon's Ground, triggering H scenes unrelated to the story is fairly trivial. For the most part, you simply need enough max MP to not be ashamed enough to perform a "service" to the tourists. Doing so increases your max MP by a bit, and there we have our positive feedback loop. Sometimes you'll be required to have MP in the hundreds to perform a service; this can be circumvented later in the game when the aphrodisiac drink is available which vastly lowers MP requirements. Otherwise, you probably need to unlock an event-related prerequisite which means you should probably continue on with the story.

There are also trap houses, which usually require some degree of puzzle solving to do. There's the slime house, which requires the most problem solving to complete, and places like the quiz show house which encourages you to explore the island for answers. Again, failing to complete these trap houses at first is expected, sometimes even required as doing so might give you a crucial hint to succeed. So don't try to be a perfectionist, just sit back and enjoy the show.

While this game is a lot more straightforward than this circle's other RPG games, I'm simply not a big fan of Leaf as the main character. She's kind of bland and quite honestly all of the other side characters have more appeal than her. Tsukinomizu Project continues its tradition of having really attractive character designs but not providing for each of them (I'm looking at you, Hermia/Hermere...). Still, I think this game was ultimately worth my time and I look forward to more from this circle in the future.
  6. 5.00 star(s)

Zorkman

Top notch. Just incredible work. I enjoyed the story, the content, the pacing... This game sucked me in, and I'm glad for the time I spent on it.

The translation is really rough, but if you can get past that, the rest is fantastic.
  7. 5.00 star(s)

travwa

It's very nice, a lot of erotic situations, humour is funny as well. It's not boring. I recommend those who like trap dungeons to play it, even if you don't it's not a bad game to try out. All in all 5/5
  8. 3.00 star(s)

nibba75

Pros:
    • There are bits of animation that make the experience a bit better
    • combat is sometimes one-sided (Towards player or enemy)
    • Scenes are well done
    • Soundtrack is decent
    Cons:
    • This game is not fully manually translated (felt that it was more of a developer translation or a edited MTL)
    • Story is very convoluted (doesn't make too much sense)
    • Don't like the character design in general (I know that dev is known for designs such as this)
    • Store items seems a but pricey (50 G for water!)
    • Battle-R*pe is not good (demands too much planning to avoid or resist attacks)
    All in all, this game is well made but I never really liked how the story was portrayed as well as the fact that this game is a MTL Hybrid with a manual translation tucked in here and there. This game is like a 2.7/5