Birdnman993

Dec 6, 2021
Play the mage path and get overwhelmed by the orcs and goblins when you are resting (happens when you go through the portal to find out more more about the corruption of the world / dead master and all that) - which is a bad end and you get captured as a breeding cow for them....
Thanks, personally with few exceptions I try to keep Sarah's path with girls only, but it's interesting to find out what else is in the game, I like GxB too but in this game it often involves a bad ending for Sarah to be overpowered like a fool so that content escapes me.

Actually, this is my idea: what's the point of developing routes that can never be found by players?
Totally understandable thought, but I think it's their way of instigating replayability, I think they simply need a guide to the paths of the content that is there, like all RPG and story the player is expected to want to look for what else is in the game even if it may go unnoticed by some.

Reactions: BenHatira

BenHatira

Oct 12, 2021
Thanks, personally with few exceptions I try to keep Sarah's path with girls only, but it's interesting to find out what else is in the game, I like GxB too but in this game it often involves a bad ending for Sarah to be overpowered like a fool so that content escapes me.
That's actually what i did too, but that bad end comes up even if you go that said path (girls only) at this point if you choose the wrong option ... ( so yeah i was just wondering what will happen, that's why i know that dumbshit bad end)

• Haha
Reactions: Birdnman993

slavegal

Apr 17, 2020
That's the best thing about the game tho.
Only fightclub reborn did something similar.
Totally understandable thought, but I think it's their way of instigating replayability, I think they simply need a guide to the paths of the content that is there, like all RPG and story the player is expected to want to look for what else is in the game even if it may go unnoticed by some.
I have a different idea, though, because this is a VN. I am not saying I dislike multiple routes; I just wish devs could balance quality and quantity. I feel devs are just trying to place as many routes as possible without any management of their order of precedence and hierarchy in the storyline.

Unlike RPGs with various gameplay, I can barely take rolling back and forth in a VN as a compelling gameplay. The main gameplay in any VN is reading stories that usually need coherence. And the coherence is gone when players have no idea where the turning points are; they will either have to reread the story or keep rolling back and forth constantly. Looking for those paths is rather tedious compared with reading them. So when players reach the end of the current development and want to return to find other routes, they might miss some paths because they have to make more than two "correct" choices to get them, but there are many combinations so that it is easy for one to miss some routes. To guarantee all paths and "bad ending", one must try different combinations many times --- quite a drudgery.

Such an execution also finally overloaded the developers and gave them a dilemma. They struggled to find intuitive points and premises to cram those turning points in. So, many ramifications ruined the story's coherence, which was the only gameplay for a VN. As some other players indicate, players must play dumb to get specific paths. They even lost the congruent perception toward Sarah ---- is she that dumb? IMO, when roles' characters change, it only causes confusion, which damages any story --- again, the main gameplay in a VN.

Last edited:

notreallyhere

Aug 9, 2016
On that note the storyline needs a bit of a fix. If the two of you have sex with the captain together, and then go mercenary until you meet the captain again, the dialog says you only blew him even though you and kate were being fucked the entire trip.

HappyDaedalus

Game Developer
Dec 30, 2021
Game had beautiful art, what made him decide to downgrade it?
Probably greed and just being lazy
He probably got tired of paying different artists, now he gets his AI art for free hence why its so consistent now :ROFLMAO:
I don't know why people keep bringing this up, again, and again, and again, when I have actually answered this.

The only AI-art that is in this game are placeholder background images, of which there are maybe a dozen or so in total, all of which are eventually going to be faded out for real art, made by a real artist.

The consistency of the art, starting this year, is because I decided to give 99% of the work to a duo of artists that work together on the designs, rather than spread out the work over many different artists.

The reason for that, is because they're able to produce fast, work independently, and above all, manage to come in at a price-point that manages to make this behemoth of a project feasible.

I can drop the sketch-designs for any art piece you want as proof.

sketch1719371319952.png

That top-tier art you like probably refers to pieces like this:

Promo.png

Which I grant you, looks incredible.

That artist also has an output-speed of 1 image per month. The last update had nearly 90 images. So if you wanna wait 7,5 years per update, I could have them to do the entire game.

I've said this before, if I was using AI, I'd happily cop to it (and I do in the limited instances where it's used), but I actually do employ actual artists, and I do pay them a substantial amount of money each month, to make sure you all get a game that I feel is trying to do something pretty substantial and ambitious.

GokutheG

Oct 20, 2022
I don't know why people keep bringing this up, again, and again, and again, when I have actually answered this.

The only AI-art that is in this game are placeholder background images, of which there are maybe a dozen or so in total, all of which are eventually going to be faded out for real art, made by a real artist.

The consistency of the art, starting this year, is because I decided to give 99% of the work to a duo of artists that work together on the designs, rather than spread out the work over many different artists.

The reason for that, is because they're able to produce fast, work independently, and above all, manage to come in at a price-point that manages to make this behemoth of a project feasible.

View attachment 3821952

View attachment 3821968

That artist also has an output-speed of 1 image per month. The last update had nearly 90 images. So if you wanna wait 7,5 years per update, I could have them to do the entire game.

I've said this before, if I was using AI, I'd happily cop to it (and I do in the limited instances where it's used), but I actually do employ actual artists, and I do pay them a substantial amount of money each month, to make sure you all get a game that I feel is trying to do something pretty substantial and ambitious.
Glad to see you clear up the issue surrounding AI by saying that you and the artist's aren't using AI(well besides placeholder). Do they have social media because I'd like to check their other works out?

XxDarkLord15xX

Jun 9, 2018
I've normally steered clear from visual novels like these but decided to check this one out. One of the best games I have played, you got me so hooked that I believe I have found all the routes lol The best part for me was the reappearance of the pirate where he rapes her. Kuddos in making this majestic work of art. Adding this to my forever downloads and I look forward to the future updates you got in store. I'll also be subscribing real soon!

Valamyr

Oct 7, 2020
Hey keep doing what you are doing! Input wise, Id say I think it's important that the art is as consistent as possible in the final product, and that I loved the initial art style, but thats about it. No worries if there's IA placeholders at all.

bederel637

Jan 7, 2021

View attachment 3821952

View attachment 3821968

110% agree and correct. Don't let the naysayers and luddites hold your ambitions back from AI's transformative value.

BenHatira

Oct 12, 2021
Honestly idc about all that AI cg talk - the only thing i want is more of the Lily path ... :cool:

Even if this one really looks rather shitty (regarding the fingers of Sarah, i mean what is this some crab person ?! - talking about Sarah's hand of course).

Edit: not saying it's AI but just pointing out a inconsistency ...

cg unionlily3.jpg

Last edited:

oyayeyoy

Aug 21, 2018
Will the Mac build ever be updated? I was very confused because the windows link is 0.2.9.9 and the Mac one is 0.2.9

GokutheG

Oct 20, 2022
Honestly idc about all that AI cg talk - the only thing i want is more of the Lily path ... :cool:

Even if this one really looks rather shitty (regarding the fingers of Sarah, i mean what is this some crab person ?! - talking about Sarah's hand of course).

Edit: not saying it's AI but just pointing out a inconsistency ...

View attachment 3826019
Overall this piece is ok and even human artists can screw up hands.

Hopefully there's an option in the settings where we can continue to use the old art since I prefer those styles.

Last edited:

seventhsword

Apr 30, 2018
I like the new art, it's very unique. It's clearly not AI so I don't get what people are on about with that. If you like the old art better, then just say so. Maybe the dev could add a toggle for it so it's not just wasted assets? Download size is hardly an issue when Black ops is pushing 300 gigs these days and most people don't really bat an eyelash.

4.50 star(s) 61 Votes