4.40 star(s) 53 Votes

FAP369ZONE

Aug 29, 2018
Which is why I'm adding incest / optional NTR / optional loli / optional furry and a LI with deathstar sized tits in the next update.
(joke)

Honestly, even 28 is very rewarding. When I started this, I expected to have none. But then people started supporting on patreon and even here. The support and comments I got on f95 were so great and that pushed me to continue even more. So that's more than enough to keep me going. Of course, more $ from patreon would be great since I could keep my day job on hold and focus on this even more(cost of living isn't that high in my country).

Personally, the updates always feel short for me because I want to throw so much content out there. I wanted 0.2a and 0.2b to be one release. 2 months is a lot of time but I get to do this only in my free time so I render as much as I can. I can make the sacrifice of less images and more text but I'm not a fan of those games. I like having multiple poses/expressions in a conversation but I was worried about file size getting too big. Luckily we have heroes like FAPmaster369 who compress the game. (If anyone else has compressed this game before, you're a hero too) . So I guess I'll stick to multiple renders and only cut down if it becomes a big problem in the future.

Sorry this ended up going off-topic :LOL:
Thank you for such kind words.
You just do you and create something you enjoy and hope others enjoy it as well, cuz trying to please everyone is Sisyphus' work... specially for erotic games... actually it can even backfire :KEK:

The only advice i feel comfortable giving to devs of these kind of games is: Always try to give MC (player) a choice when it comes to erotic content... it can go a long way!

p.s. It warms my heart when i see someone calls me a hero for doing repacks :giggle:
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Mareeta

Sep 1, 2019
Which is why I'm adding incest / optional NTR / optional loli / optional furry and a LI with deathstar sized tits in the next update.
(joke)

Honestly, even 28 is very rewarding. When I started this, I expected to have none. But then people started supporting on patreon and even here. The support and comments I got on f95 were so great and that pushed me to continue even more. So that's more than enough to keep me going. Of course, more $ from patreon would be great since I could keep my day job on hold and focus on this even more(cost of living isn't that high in my country).

Personally, the updates always feel short for me because I want to throw so much content out there. I wanted 0.2a and 0.2b to be one release. 2 months is a lot of time but I get to do this only in my free time so I render as much as I can. I can make the sacrifice of less images and more text but I'm not a fan of those games. I like having multiple poses/expressions in a conversation but I was worried about file size getting too big. Luckily we have heroes like FAPmaster369 who compress the game. (If anyone else has compressed this game before, you're a hero too) . So I guess I'll stick to multiple renders and only cut down if it becomes a big problem in the future.

I'm not the best to talk because I'm not a patreon (and short of money as a student) but I think you could be more ambitious about that.
Don't be, it's frustrating when you don't have the numbers you wanted, I say that because I think this game could have more with this quality.
But it's just a start, the popularity will be growing if you continu with goods updates and when you begin to have a solid fanbase it accelerates.
I even talk about the game in my new thread about games that I think could became bigger.
https://f95zone.to/threads/games-with-interesting-start.114908/#post-8012587

If I have done this 1 or 2 years ago you will have seen AoA Academy, Intertwined or Chasing Sunset which are already pretty big games now. I'm don't think the medieval setting is as attractive as college for the majority but still I think if you manage to continu well. Now we have only the introduction and some mysterious aspects and the future will tell us the rest.
No pressure though :p

Now I will try the update !

LaikDink

Modder
Mar 16, 2018

Gosamr

May 6, 2021
You just do you and create something you enjoy and hope others enjoy it as well, cuz trying to please everyone is Sisyphus' work... specially for erotic games... actually it can even backfire :KEK:

The only advice i feel comfortable giving to devs of these kind of games is: Always try to give MC (player) a choice when it comes to erotic content... it can go a long way!

p.s. It warms my heart when i see someone calls me a hero for doing repacks :giggle:
Oh no!! Please...NO Sisyphication!!!

• Haha
Reactions: FAP369ZONE

CaramelCowboy

Game Developer
Jun 24, 2020
Will pregnancy be a theme in future updates ?
If it shows up, it'll only be towards the end. A kind of 'where are they now' slideshow (with text narration) of the people you met on the way, decided to stay with. I'm sure many VNs do it but I got the idea from DoS2. I won't dump this on players however, so if pregnancy does become part of the end, there'll definitely be an option to ignore it for those who don't want it.

niko82

Mar 29, 2020
If it shows up, it'll only be towards the end. A kind of 'where are they now' slideshow (with text narration) of the people you met on the way, decided to stay with. I'm sure many VNs do it but I got the idea from DoS2. I won't dump this on players however, so if pregnancy does become part of the end, there'll definitely be an option to ignore it for those who don't want it.
you could make it diferent than others dev, pregnancy is always just a bunch of pictures in the end, i would apreciate more content, at the end of update that is not only mc how died blueballed...., and another point some clothes dont look medieval, for the rest good work for this vn
and highly hope this girl isnt just passing by and see her more screenshot0001.png

Last edited:

CaramelCowboy

Game Developer
Jun 24, 2020
you could make it diferent than others dev, pregnancy is always just a bunch of pictures in the end, i would apreciate more content, at the end of update that is not only mc how died blueballed...., and another point some clothes dont look medieval, for the rest good work for this vn
and highly hope this girl isnt just passing by and see her more View attachment 1799930
I think because pregnancy is a very niche tag. I'd love to include content and not just end-game images but I'll have to think of what I can do with that content. That's far away anyway. These mfs are still stuck in the village :LOL: Hopefully I manage to get them out in 0.3 . That's the plan at least.

Lots of clothes won't look medieval sadly. There's the issue of medieval 'everyday clothing' assets. There are a few yeah, but with the amount of characters showing up now and in the future, the limited choices just won't cut it. One thing I could have done is faded the color on the non medieval clothes so they at least fit somehow as suggested by a patron. So I'll work on that in the future. There's also the issue of lingerie for example. Didn't exist back in the day. But the same burlap underwear on literally every girl is just not sexy and that will raise another issue of the scenes being to monotonous.

That blueball scene even hurt me. I apologize :HideThePain:
I really wanted it to end well for mc but 0.3 will be mc's time to shine. It's going to be called "Mc's balls set free" (joke)

Thank you for playing. I appreciate you!

Reactions: perseus420

Blackeye.

Aug 15, 2020
Unofficial Android Port of:

The Swordbearer [v0.2b] [Caramel Cowboy] + LaikDink's WT Mod

My android port has an alternative save location, the save will remain intact when you uninstall the game so don't worry about starting over. And my port has a textbox opacity slider and text size slider and added change name to the main menu.

if you like my ports, consider buying me a cofee as to motivate me and get me going to do more ports, and help me pay for mega storage, thanks

RoadWulf

Engaged Member
Nov 18, 2018
Lots of clothes won't look medieval sadly. There's the issue of medieval 'everyday clothing' assets. There are a few yeah, but with the amount of characters showing up now and in the future, the limited choices just won't cut it. One thing I could have done is faded the color on the non medieval clothes so they at least fit somehow as suggested by a patron. So I'll work on that in the future. There's also the issue of lingerie for example. Didn't exist back in the day. But the same burlap underwear on literally every girl is just not sexy and that will raise another issue of the scenes being to monotonous.

Thank you for playing. I appreciate you!
Honestly for me it's less the clothes and more the hair. There is no kid in medieval times that has hair clean cut, shorn and parted like him. Most of the other hairstyles on the women are also a little too contemporary for the setting.

Reactions: CaramelCowboy

CaramelCowboy

Game Developer
Jun 24, 2020
Honestly for me it's less the clothes and more the hair. There is no kid in medieval times that has hair clean cut, shorn and parted like him. Most of the other hairstyles on the women are also a little too contemporary for the setting.
Agreed! The game is not historically accurate at all haha. They should even have dirty shaders on their skin to fit the period in that case. It's just a light-hearted medieval setting. A lot of it will be relatable in the future (knights, duels, castles, war, etc etc).
It's 100% fiction and not even based on certain eras like some games. (example : set in the roman empire etc)
the time period is non existent. Personally, I'd call it a modern-medieval setting.
Even the music isn't always medieval. I kind of picked that up from a show called 'Reign' . It's medieval but there's a lot of pop music in there and I still liked the story so. Just mixing things up xD

GßimReaper

Mar 30, 2019
(joke)

So story goes on like, all of a sudden MC's mother appear out of nowhere and bam incest

-L-L-MJ-

Feb 5, 2020
Personally, the updates always feel short for me because I want to throw so much content out there. I wanted 0.2a and 0.2b to be one release.
Speaking for myself here, they really aren't with the 3 releases so far, I was playing anticipating an end of content at any moment now and it just kept going.. Though the latest update was a bit more predictable in that sense, still plenty and that damn cliffhanger though

p.s. It warms my heart when i see someone calls me a hero for doing repacks
It should, you and other people doing translations and mods are amazing, it's something I absolutely love about the community here even if I don't use said mod/translation/repack myself I just think it's great it's there

I'm don't think the medieval setting is as attractive as college for the majority but still I think if you manage to continu well.
I wonder why and if that is really the case. I won't pretend to know what is the most appealing setting for the majority
(Unless it's MILF's fuckin' the whole neighberhood including your household just for the taboo kink mow lawns and clean pools and go at it...)
I can only say that for me personally it doesn't matter at all. I like sci-fi, wild west, medieval, fantasy, slice of life. Basically everything I guess.

The college setting with the games you mentioned is mostly a bit boring for me though. It lacks plot/underlying journey/ character development and background/story telling. I really like stories that are immersive and engrossing that can keep you in "suspense" thinking about how things will develop. A big part of this is the writing and what is shown rather then told. Some devs do this way better then others and it's probably also a matter of personal taste. Fortunately there are a few really good ones on here, this one included in my list at least.

One VN that really stood out to me with this is Reluctant Archon, had me hooked since the opening scene.. Such a shame the dev is MIA for almost a year now. The renders are far subpar to this, and no animations but it was quite action packed with a lot of show instead of tell.. CaramelCowboy have you played that?

Agreed! The game is not historically accurate at all haha. They should even have dirty shaders on their skin to fit the period in that case. It's just a light-hearted medieval setting. A lot of it will be relatable in the future (knights, duels, castles, war, etc etc).
It's 100% fiction and not even based on certain eras like some games. (example : set in the roman empire etc)
the time period is non existent. Personally, I'd call it a modern-medieval setting.
Even the music isn't always medieval. I kind of picked that up from a show called 'Reign' . It's medieval but there's a lot of pop music in there and I still liked the story so. Just mixing things up xD
I had no idea this was supposed to be historically accurate. With that I mean that it doesn't bother me the slightest that some things are different, hair/clothes/personal hygiene to what one might expect going by humanities history. The clothes and hair also seem easily explained with a few eccentric characters, like Kegan who teaches how to take care of peoples hair and maybe he has a special barber friend just for that reason.. For clothes/lingerie who says it developed the same crazy way that it happened in our history? seems to be a bit of lack in imagination.. unless you do want to try to be historically accurate like VIS ( other game on here that tries hard.. and kept side stories with a nylon maid uniform and high heels intentionally separate from the main story)
it's gonna be pretty hard indeed going by what's available for Daz to stick to certain time periods...

4.40 star(s) 53 Votes