VN - Ren'Py - The Swordbearer [v0.7] [Caramel Cowboy]

1. 3.00 star(s)

Strobe Adverse

Great looking game and the writing's good enough that I spent the first 30 minutes reading every caption... but it just kept going without anything significant happening. The entire game is the MC flirting with a few girls while he prepares for a journey, then they go for a walk and meet a few other people. That's it.

I really wanted to like this game because it does look great, but all these rambling conversations that are completely pointless to the story are enough to put me to sleep. The ONLY significant lewd scene is awkward with way too many "go on" / "continue" choices, it needs to be a ton smoother.
  2. 5.00 star(s)

Saiyan_God

Damn, I really like the story so far. It has great characters, so I am going to play it till the end. The character designs are appealing to me. I like the scenes so far. It's great that all of the characters have different emotions. Every character has a unique story to tell. Humor is very good in it. Please make it harem bro.
  3. 4.00 star(s)

elementary_scion

A promising start to a game, with decent variety of male and female characters, with a setting in which plenty of interesting things are possible.

It's clear that a more than a basic level of effort has gone into the renders, with things happening in the background in scenes where others might have chosen to leave things bare.

Models are good overall.
  4. 4.00 star(s)

MidnightKing

Review for v0.4

What's really making this game work for me is all the humor blended into the story. It's not taking itself too seriously so far, but not in a way that feels ridiculous or nonsensical. It almost feels like a medieval slice of life, but there's also a deeper plot at play that's being slowly revealed alongside everything else. Though it's worth mentioning we haven't seen a ton of that yet given the game being in such an early version.

The game just has a lot of charm. The characters, the dialogue, the renders, etc. Everything is fitting together nicely, making for a pretty solid AVN so far.

I wasn't sure about some of the music at first, but it really does fit the tone of the game. I think the one thing I'd have complaints about is that some of the sex scene dialogue reads a bit funky. As an example, there's a line that just says "*plays with your lips.*" To me, it reads as if someone is trying to roleplay. I also don't need a line saying "kisses you" when I can see the renders of the characters kissing. Smaller issues really, but it was something that stood out to me.

The game is really a fun play though. Worth checking out if it caught your eye!
  5. 5.00 star(s)

Impenitent

Version 0.3

Terrific visual novel. So far everything has been perfectly executed. Perfect blend of sexual tension, intrigue, humor, and relationship building. Story is very engaging, can't wait to see what happens next.

Great work, Dev!
  6. 5.00 star(s)

Irondic

Perfect! Just perfect! The writing, the humor, the story, the music, the render, the plot, the interactivenes, the characterization of each character, the storytelling, everything is just on point! Argue with me, I dare you! One of those games that's worth playing even without the lewd scenes. And all of the LIs are pretty too, i cant choose, btw!

please dont let this get abandoned! I cant support u through patreon but imma buy it in steam definitely. I know its not a big support but I hope everything works out.

Cheers!
  7. 5.00 star(s)

rogerroger74

Discovered this one recently, and I'm glad I did. Interesting medieval setting, enticing characters and good storytelling - including the humour - so far. Looking forward to future updates, keep up th good work!
  8. 5.00 star(s)

Kaasje404

I love these medieval type of games so maybe im a little bit biased. What a great game this already is and it feels like this story is only beginning. The characters first of all are very attractive which is always a plus and the dev added a couple of thoughts. Which make the character more interesting, depthful and creates funny/ teasing moments. The storyline I like a lot as already explained so nothing to really complain about this game. Five stars well deserved.
  9. 5.00 star(s)

InkFerrari

Wonderful medieval game, I wish the updates were more frequent and longer, always craving for more of this game!

CaramelCowboy is doing a fantastic game so far and I wish him the best in the next updates to come, can't wait to see more.
  10. 5.00 star(s)

sunaboz

I'm really impressed, it has very good writing, great sex scenes and just the right amount of lewd content and characters. There is free roam here but nothing tedious (if anything it adds to the experience and the game doesn't feel like a kinetic novel), the music is good (and there are lewd sounds included which is always a good thing), the setting is original and the story is engaging and all in all it's definitely one of the games worth having on a watchlist.

Pros:
    + Great sex scenes with impressive animations (and sounds)
    + Interesting story and setting
    + Variety of characters to interact with
    + Fun free roam (nothing tedious)

Cons:
    - So far there isn't that much content (but it's not that little either and it shows quality over quantity which I'm all for)
  11. 5.00 star(s)

Deleted member 2755092

I'm giving that one a full mark.
    While it's a bit low on sex content, the scenes are of pretty high quality.

The renders, story, writing, and plot are so far excellent.

This is one to keep your eyes on.
  12. 5.00 star(s)

Fahimvai

An amazing combination of medieval fantasy & harem genre.
    The renders are amazing to look at & the story has a nice pace.
    Overall, perfect for those who want to avoid sandbox grinding that comes with games of this genre and just chill & have a good time.

5/5
  13. 3.00 star(s)

Deleted member 2553135

Overall, this game combines fantasy, harem, and medieval well.

Pros:
    Story is interesting. It is becoming a fantasy and medieval setting where the main antagonist are vampires.
    Renders are very well done

Neutral:
    Humor is alright; some of it can be jarring though

Cons:
    Hardly any story-wise related content and little development with the main LIs. Game has hardly moved it all for a year now.
  14. 5.00 star(s)

Deleted member 4887608

Oh man, I am sucker for these kind of fantasy games & the dev nails every fucking chord in taking this game towards being a masterpiece. I really love the way the story is progressing & on top of that eye candy models makes it wow. And it's definitely worth mentioning how keenly & constructively the dev takes the suggestion to make this game more enjoyable which is becoming rarer for most of the games on this forum. Can't wait to see what this game brings in future.
  15. 5.00 star(s)

Pijele800

Pretty fucking great to say the least. The story is pretty slow paced so far however the characters and lore about the world keeps it pretty interesting. The models are unique and extremely pretty so that's always a plus. The freeroam part of game, which usually is pretty grindy in other games, is much more linear and much better implemented and actually feels fun to play through. Recommended to anyone who like story in their AVNs.
    Also Talitha is the best LI.
  16. 5.00 star(s)

qadirce344

The game's orginality is the best. Romance and humor some of the game's good qualities. I think if develepor of the game continue on this project he will be succeeded because we the players love this type of games. Characters also so original and have unique faces. Good luck
  17. 5.00 star(s)

Demonic Presence

This game is pretty remarkable so far. I'm not the biggest medieval fan, if you want to call it that but the story actually looks like it can potentially be one of the top adult games around.

The main character is very down to earth and solid, he's confident, I like him a lot. Looks like there's vampires too? That's what really got me excited in all honesty. The renders look good, love interest are nice so far and the Dev himself seems pretty cool, good luck.
  18. 2.00 star(s)

xXxNeospiritxXx

except a good render quality i couldn't find much to like, biggest disappointment were the mc and the forced sex scene with the prostitute which was a huge turn off for me so that i had to stop playing it . but the delevoper already said he will change that (y) for that.

*edit for 0.4 dropped my rating bc the forced scene is still in there and it ruins the romance path of Talitah for me completely

*edit2 for 0.5 and dev still didn't made the scene unavoidable even if he said he would for over a year already. i give up and drop the game, don't wanna deal with it any longer
  19. 3.00 star(s)

Frim der Wel

One of those medieval fantasy VNs where people change into bikinis when they bathe....

I found it kind of nice and friendly and moderately interesting at the beginning, the writing was OK, but somehow I lost interest after a while. The story seemed to drag on, and the writing (a bit long-winded and banal) was not good enough to make up for it. Having said that, models and renders and music etc are all good
  20. 4.00 star(s)

sadfuck

Version Played: 0.2b
    Time played: About 1.5 hours, reached end of content.

Games set in a medieval-type world are always going to get a second look from me and I really liked the description the creator had for the game and his reasons for creating it. While I think the game is a little too much of a slow burn at this stage with extraneous dialog that neither advances the world or the characters very much, it's a solid foundation that has a lot of potential and the LIs are very beautiful.

Positives
    + Story has a pleasant start and doesn't rush anything
    + Some really hot characters
    + Creator really seems to be enjoying himself, which shows through in the game
    + Bush!

Negatives
    - Dialog can meander a bit making the overall pacing suffer (nothing at all really happens at this stage)
    - English is overall OK, but could use some work

I think if you enjoy medieval fantasy that isn't super grimdark, this is a game 100% worth checking out or at least putting on your watchlist until it gets more content.
    Honestly, in its current stage, I would say this is more of a 3.5, but I'm going to give the creator the benefit of the doubt and bump it up to a 4.

Note to Devs: Nice start. Looking forward to Algernon reaching the city and the game gaining a bit more in the way of stakes. Keep that medieval bush coming!