VN - Ren'Py - The Trip of a Lifetime [v0.3] [Darkside_games]

1. 2.00 star(s)

MikesDK

Well going to be a short review, i dident really enjoy the story and that might mostly be due to the writting and alot of spelling issues, but dident like MC either hes just a childish pervert with a mindset of a 12 year old and that just dosent do anything for me.

Then theres the forced LIs and forced relationship and for now its not a harem game? so forcing MC into a relationship is more then idiotic in a none harem and that alone can ruin the hole game.

Girls are meh, maybe one or two i found ok but the rest no thanks so not much to come for there either.

Its not animated so that hurt the game as well.

Music is just bland.

Game is also all out kinetic i think i saw maybe 2 choices doing the hole thing and those dident mean anything either so really should put kinetic tag on if thats going to be the case, then those that dont like kinetic stuff they can avoid it.
  2. 1.00 star(s)

Forgotted

Probably takes top spot as worst game on f95 that I've ever tried.
    -------------
    Terrible writing:
    Mom.. "I didn't realize when my child grew up so much."
    Son.. "Mom, you don't want me to stay a dwarf forever."
    or
    "Well I'm going to take seriously what the little man of the house has to say now, since he took the trouble to almost shout out."
    ---------------------------
    Graphics are bad and occasionally a character will stutter across the screen a few times which I think is supposed to be animation....bad

The mom looks younger than the kids.

The hair defies gravity as it 'hangs' in the wrong direction.
    ----------

Only version .3 and has been out for a year and a half at this point......
    --------------

I don't understand the high ratings for this one as it's just bad. Boring story, not so good graphics, and bad writing.
    I understand they may not speak English well, but that's not a good excuse for putting out a bad product. Especially when there is so much free help available here.
  3. 5.00 star(s)

Wolfbroken

I love the story, visually I know it can be done better, and I think DEV is on it.
    I give the five stars because I like to support Devs with interesting proposals.
    And this game has a very good dynamic.
    I hope it continues.
    For me at the moment it's a great game.
  4. 3.00 star(s)

Elasstommer

I kind of like the characters in this one, and the premise seems intriguing, but although the English translation is better than some machine translations, there are glaring errors with pronouns, including the use of 'they' when 'you' is what's needed, and confusion of 'he' for 'she' and vice versa. The graphics are attractive, as are the models, but I keep wanting to edit the script to correct the errors in pronouns (and some phrasing that is not colloquial).
  5. 2.00 star(s)

consumptionist

V0.1

taken a year or more to get not very far and even has an intro trying to brush it aside that irritates more than entertains.
    only half translated to english including the options section.
    bland story with zero plot devices and poor dialogue ( i suspect the writer has had very few real conversations in real life, such is the evidence).

art is mediocre to very poor with a greenish asian and cut and paste bodies for all the females. boob slider got a little workout but not much else. looks rushed.
    translated by someone who has no clue what the difference is between he and she. yeah not uncommon but no less irritating.
    tagged with incest yet nothing incestuous in current content.

looks more like a run-of-the-mill patreon bait that will no doubt get abandoned if/when it fails to pull a crowd to me. needs alot of work
  6. 3.00 star(s)

connor1518

To start with it's early and not a lot of content yet.

I thought maybe this was going to be a straight forward family type story but the MC and sisters ship off to college leaving poor mom out in the cold which is unfortunate. Also the story is already getting convoluted with a lot of side characters. Sometimes less is more.

The Dev did improve the look of the models some though the eyes still look unnatural which makes them look a bit scary at times.

The big thing is the dialog need some serious clean up. Pronouns are often mixed up making things confusing at times. He for she, her for him, etc. Some of the sentences come off stiff or unnatural sounding also. The MC calling mom mommy is a bit cringey.

Have to wait and see exactly in what direction the Dev takes this.
  7. 3.00 star(s)

duddytuddy1222

I want to like this game, but it just isn't there yet. The writing was originally done in Spanish and the translations aren't great. The bigger problem is the dialogue. It's really simple to the point of being painful. The creator knows renders but lacks writing.

I like the plot, just not how it's trying to get there. If there is a rewrite, I could see this game being awesome.