RPGM - Completed - The Triumphant Return of Diabolos [Final] [Bud of Lupine]

1. 2.00 star(s)

Duke Greene

Bland, formulaic and forgettable.
    • Story is your average "not a villain Demon Lord" that was original back in early 2000s when Disgaea came out but has been done to death since then and this game does literally nothing to make it interesting.
    • Characters are extremely generic, playing eroge tropes straight: you have the succubus who's secretely a romantic, the knight childhood friend, the shy girl who latches on the MC because she has no one else, the iconoclast loli elf girl... They never really manage to develop past their archetype. The MC likewise never grows past the "generic nice guy" archetype, despite being told several times he has to fix that.
    • Gameplay is standard RPGM. Putting aside the odd decision to use very large numbers (you start at level 1 with 5 digits HP, making the sense of progression early game difficult to notice), the amount of different abilities is ultimately low and is shared by both player characters and enemies. No one is particularly unique or special, even final bosses. Higher difficulties just bloat the stats of enemies, requiring you to grind for money and crafting materials while spamming debuffs to keep their damage output manageable. Not terribly interesting.
    • H content is criminally bland: every main girl has 4 scenes, 3 with the MC and 1 with an enemy upon defeat (except Ciel, for whom the scene is story manated and doesn't result in a Game Over). The scenes do a very poor job at displaying the heroine's personality for the most part—they are utterly devoid of soul. Even the defeat scenes are bland! The only half-decent ones are with the shopkeeper, Riem, and she isn't even a playable character... Also note that "half-decent" doesn't mean "good"...
    I struggle to find any good reason to play this, even if you're starved for H-RPG.
  2. 2.00 star(s)

♍VoidTraveler

Okay, this game. :FacePalm::coffee:
    Basically, this is a waifu collector with combat.
    That's the long and short of it.
    Haven't seen any choices whatsoever so it's like kinetic novel with grind.

Mc, even though he's supposed to be a demon lord, gave me massive "beta-cuck" vibes.
    Leave it to Japs to try and turn even demon lords into beta-cucks. :sneaky::coffee:

General rating:
    Combat:
    (Generic rpgm but solid. However has random encounters enabled, to make those a tiny bit less annoying i recommend to save edit your level.)
    Story:
    (Totally generic garbage.)
    Art:
    ❤❤ (It's alright but that's basically saying nothing, because Jap art is almost always alright. Also turns out at least part of it is from an average art pack anyone can buy or steal and use in their game lol.)
    Sound:
    ❤❤ (Typical fantasy stuff, very boring.)
    Sex scenes:
    ❤❤ (Vanilla. The boring kind. Very likely that most of the sex in this game is geared toward bottoms.)
    Technical side:
    ❤❤❤❤ (You can expect stable gameplay with no lags or errors on win, unless the problem is you.)
    ============================================

Could only stomach playing as mc from this game for so long, i'm actually impressed that i lasted til the elf forest. "Demon Lord" my ass, what a joke. :sneaky::coffee:
  3. 3.00 star(s)

Lady Luck

game feels somewhat reminiscent of apostle, just not as good (gameplay wise, story is completely different, also good though). still a solid game though, would recommend. If you've played a lot of rpgm games, you might not enjoy the game-play that much, but I liked it so ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

so update, which lowered my rating by a star. if you level up too high, the game will lag. badly. especially on the battle result screen. it starts after you pass level 99, but isn't really noticeable until you reach level 200, and if you get over level 500, just use items to avoid battles because you will spend longer on battle results screen than in the actual battle.