Cheat Mod Unity The Twist - CheatMenuPlugin [v1.0.6] [dsconstructor]

Fallen Angel Productions

Engaged Member
Game Developer
May 16, 2017
i've tested it on .34 and it does work, do you have some app that intercepts function keys? someone else that had the same issue got it to work when using shift+f9
i don't but i'll try shift f9
Edit: yeah that worked i have no app that does that so not sure what the problem is

dsconstructor

Modder
Sep 26, 2017
Is there an updated Variables guide. The one I have is for version 0.26.
People, does anybody has full and fresh varialbes guide?
I don't maintain the variables guide, and given that thread is locked and has not been updated in some time i can only assume its abandoned.

Best bet is to use the scenedump feature and infer the use of the variables from the gamelogic it outputs

• Sad
Reactions: Pumpkin1984

cold_arctus

Devoted Member
Sep 25, 2018
Debug->Dump Current - Save game logic to a SCENENAME.dmp file for the current scene (saves to: .\TheTwist_Data\...) as plaintext.
Debug->Dump All - Attempts to load and dump every scene in the game, note this might take awhile depending on system specs.
Hey dsconstructor, you created a nice mod there. (y)

Unfortunately as a Linux user, who plays the game through Wine, your mod isn't working/not supported. (Of course not your problem!)

If I understood your little "Debug -> Dump Current"- note, then it creates the debug text from the save file. Is this correct? :unsure:

My question now: Would a stand-alone Debug tool, which reads the save file, be able to create the same dumb file?

Your debug feature might be a better help as the initial walkthrough.

dsconstructor

Modder
Sep 26, 2017
If I understood your little "Debug -> Dump Current"- note, then it creates the debug text from the save file. Is this correct? :unsure:
The "DumpScene" feature dumps the gamelogic to a textfile from the gameobjects in the loaded scene

My question now: Would a stand-alone Debug tool, which reads the save file, be able to create the same dumb file?
Saves contain just the variables and their state, to dump the logic with a standalone tool you would have to parse the unity asset data.

As for supporting running it on Linux through Wine, i wouldn't know where to start as i dont actively use Linux.

I'm using BepInEx to inject the code during runtime (BepInEx is loaded into unity through a patched winhttp.dll i believe)
You could turn on the console to see if BepInEx is even able to load, to narrow down on if its my code or BepInEx thats failing to load.
".\BepInEx\config.ini" should have a switch for that.

cold_arctus

Devoted Member
Sep 25, 2018
As for supporting running it on Linux through Wine, i wouldn't know where to start as i dont actively use Linux.
Don't worry about Wine... my idea was more like a batch file, but since the game as to run at the same time to read unity asset data it wouldn't work.
You could turn on the console to see if BepInEx is even able to load, to narrow down on if its my code or BepInEx thats failing to load.
".\BepInEx\config.ini" should have a switch for that.
No, your code works perfect! It is Wine which can't load/read/execute BepInEx's dlls.

I guess even if someone would upload all dumps files it would be hard to pin down where exactly a save is at the moment, looking at how random some scenes appear in the game. Or am I wrong and the scenes have a structure? :unsure:

dsconstructor

Modder
Sep 26, 2017
I guess even if someone would upload all dumps files it would be hard to pin down where exactly a save is at the moment, looking at how random some scenes appear in the game. Or am I wrong and the scenes have a structure? :unsure:
usually i find where i'm at in the gamelogic by searching for a quote from the game, as it also dumps what characters say.

cold_arctus

Devoted Member
Sep 25, 2018
usually i find where i'm at in the gamelogic by searching for a quote from the game, as it also dumps what characters say.
Would it be possible for you to upload all the dumps as zip file? (of course only if it doesn't take to much time!)

asmrfan23

May 21, 2018
I think the new version may have broken the mod's ability to load. Which is unfortunate because being able to time travel really removed the inconvenience of this game.

dsconstructor

Modder
Sep 26, 2017
I think the new version may have broken the mod's ability to load. Which is unfortunate because being able to time travel really removed the inconvenience of this game.
I'm afraid the game dev killed all potential for modding his game in a attempt to stop people from pirating it.
Internally the names have been scrambled which makes hooking into it a massive pain and the mod wont survive version changes.
At the same time methods have been rewritten by the obfuscator to make them harder to understand for anyone looking through the code, and this also impacts the performance of the game (not that it had much to begin with though) and will just make it that much worse.

Reactions: asmrfan23

asmrfan23

May 21, 2018
Ah, that is a shame. The game was pretty good, but as you unlock everything and more and more prompts get thrown at you delaying the day/night cycle with forced day transitions.. I think now's a good time to drop that patronage. Thank you!

cold_arctus

Devoted Member
Sep 25, 2018
I'm afraid the game dev killed all potential for modding his game in a attempt to stop people from pirating it.
Internally the names have been scrambled which makes hooking into it a massive pain and the mod wont survive version changes.
At the same time methods have been rewritten by the obfuscator to make them harder to understand for anyone looking through the code, and this also impacts the performance of the game (not that it had much to begin with though) and will just make it that much worse.
Did he hire a coder? Tbh I never got the impression from him being a "good" coder.

I know that obfuscator is available in unity store, but I'm surprised that he used it now and not before. :unsure:

dsconstructor

Modder
Sep 26, 2017
theforgottenone321 I might have actually spoken too soon, it seems some code was migrated to a different assembly causing the plugin to fail to load, fixing these references seemed easy enough.

If anyone wants to help me beta test this new version i'd appreciate it.

Its the current bleeding edge and has been in the works for awhile now and has several new features that really could use some testing (anything marked as Experimental)

There is a screenshot feature that allows for rendering a larger image then the current resolution (saves to: "TheTwist_Data"), theres probably some limitations on that depending on what graphics card you use but i haven't found where to detect that during runtime yet.

The ability to get prompted for the RandomInteger random roll, this requires you are familiar with the scenedump feature to use effectively, this is used in several cases i.e. when the game decides who will visit you during the night etc
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Last edited:

Killer94

Feb 4, 2018
I can't make it work for me I tried

f9
shift+f9
fn+f9
ctrl+f9
alt+f9
and it just doesn't want to work

is there a way to change the usage button to something like space or shift