[Mod] [Ren'Py] The Tyrant: S A Z Mod [Update 0.7.1][Mod B][S A Z]

5.00 star(s) 3 Votes

S A Z

Modder
Jun 29, 2017
S A Z will I need to download the base game before the mod or will it all be one package?
Yeah, you'll need to download the base game too I'm afraid. I intentionally don't include the base game because I have been around to see plenty of others run into issues with certain creators. They bring up issues with like missing traffic or people mistaking the creator of the Mod with the creator of the game itself. Now in most cases this just isn't an issue, but the headaches those rare case cause are just not worth it to me. So I err on the side of caution. :)

I do regular tests to make sure the Mod works on both the original and compressed version. There is rarely ever a reason for one not to work, but there is a difference that might get some people hung up. In the original version the majority of the coding and assets are stored in .rpa files. We can use UnRen to get the coding and assets unpacked and convert the coding to .rpy files. Once we're to that point you can move the files from the mod over into the "game" folder and overwrite the files needed and you're good to go. But in the compressed version you don't have to do this usually because the person that compressed it has already done that. So if you look into the "game" folder and there are already .rpy files in there and not .rpa files then you just need to move the mod files into the "game" folder and can skip the UnRen step.

There is also a little more you can do if you're running to issues. If after you've used UnRen and installed the mod, you still have .rpyc or .rpa files, you can delete those files, not only to save a bit of space, but because on rare occasions I've seen RenPy try to access those files instead of the .rpy files we want it to access, so there is that. Also if you are having issue even after uninstalling the game and trying again with a fresh install, try installing it into a different folder. That has fixed a few other's issues when nothing else seemed to work.

Anyway, I got off topic a bit. But yeah there you go.

Knight2416

Jul 16, 2017
So your Mod is caught up to the Part 2 that just came out already?
If you read the update about a page back he is still coding/testing it.
He had done part 1 and was hoping part 2 would release so he can do it in one drop.

Sonixplus

Apr 17, 2019
after I copy Unren and paste it into the game dictionary which has the game launcher. I opened and press 9 as instructed. Then I launch the game,nothing appear. The game wont come out.

ellan

May 31, 2017
Sonixplus have you validated it with enter after pushing 9 in unren? ( you will see some lines appear on the black screen) and you have to wait for unren to finish ( it will tell you when so)

S A Z

Modder
Jun 29, 2017
after I copy Unren and paste it into the game dictionary which has the game launcher. I opened and press 9 as instructed. Then I launch the game,nothing appear. The game wont come out.
Sonixplus have you validated it with enter after pushing 9 in unren? ( you will see some lines appear on the black screen) and you have to wait for unren to finish ( it will tell you when so)
Does it work with the latest version of the game? 0.75 part 2.
You're probably doing it right, but the mod isn't finished being updated for 0.75 Parts 1 and 2. I'm currently working on that. :(

Last edited:

S A Z

Modder
Jun 29, 2017
There are spoilers in the update report below.
  • Custom Scenes Added
    • Darker Paths Scene in Basement at 11pm/Midnight (Small but with an Animation) - Completed
    • Love/Corruption Scene in Parent's Room at 6pm - In Progress
  • Updated 0.75 Parts 1 and 2 Content
    • Love/Corruption Scene in Parent's Room at 7pm - Completed
      • Twisted Scenes for Love and Corruption paths - In Progress
    • Corruption/Darker Paths Scenes in Basement (Orgy) - Completed
      • Twisted Scenes for Corruption path - In Progress
      • Darker Paths for NTR content - Not Started
    • Love/Corruption Scenes in Upstairs Shower at 8am - Completed
  • Programming Improvements
    • Cleaned up internal thoughts coding to make it faster and easier and changed the color of the text so it's easy to tell when the MC is talking to himself - Completed
    • Fixed menus and choices in 0.75 Parts 1 and 2 - Completed
    • Added method to check for missing name in saves made in previous versions, if they are missing it will prompt for their name. You can either enter a custom name or leave it blank for default name - Completed
So that's where I'm sitting at right now.

It's morning where I'm at and I've allotted the whole day to programming and writing. So I'm hopeful that I'll be able to finish the rest of the scenes. But even if I do, I'm still going to need some time to do some runs through the new code and play-test for bugs. So I'm not planning on releasing the update to the mod today, but it won't be long after all the programming and writing is done. It will have 0.75 Parts 1 and 2 together. Also, I don't know who of you have already tried Part2 already in the original game, but it does not continue the Basement Orgy. I just wanted to manage expectations in that regard.

Thank you everyone!

To those that are just trying out the mod for the first time, I hope you enjoy it.

To those that played it and let me know what they liked, I appreciated the kind words of encouragement and how you help out on the thread when people need it. That's just awesome!

To those that played it and found parts they wanted changed/improved/added and let me know, thank you for helping to improve the game and make me a better modder.

To those that lurk, I hope it's a good place to hang out and feel free to stay a while. :)

That should be it for now, I'll get back to work. :p

Lady Aspen

Formerly '♀Lady Aspen'
Feb 19, 2019
  • Custom Scenes Added
    • Darker Paths Scene in Basement at 11pm/Midnight (Small but with an Animation) - Completed
    • Cleaned up internal thoughts coding to make it faster and easier and changed the color of the text so it's easy to tell when the MC is talking to himself - Completed
    • Added method to check for missing name in saves made in previous versions, if they are missing it will prompt for their name. You can either enter a custom name or leave it blank for default name - Completed

It's morning where I'm at and I've allotted the whole day to programming and writing. So I'm hopeful that I'll be able to finish the rest of the scenes. But even if I do, I'm still going to need some time to do some runs through the new code and play-test for bugs. So I'm not planning on releasing the update to the mod today, but it won't be long after all the programming and writing is done. It will have 0.75 Parts 1 and 2 together. Also, I don't know who of you have already tried Part2 already in the original game, but it does not continue the Basement Orgy. I just wanted to manage expectations in that regard.

Thank you everyone!

To those that are just trying out the mod for the first time, I hope you enjoy it.

To those that played it and let me know what they liked, I appreciated the kind words of encouragement and how you help out on the thread when people need it. That's just awesome!

To those that played it and found parts they wanted changed/improved/added and let me know, thank you for helping to improve the game and make me a better modder.

To those that lurk, I hope it's a good place to hang out and feel free to stay a while. :)

Take a Break S A Z Do Not Rush .Apperciate It For Hard Work ...Xoxo

regular_gamer

Feb 25, 2019
  • Custom Scenes Added

Thank you everyone!

There are custom scenes for darker paths and love/corruption. Will it be possible to access these scenes even without meeting stats requirements?

S A Z

Modder
Jun 29, 2017
There are custom scenes for darker paths and love/corruption. Will it be possible to access these scenes even without meeting stats requirements?
The custom scenes have their own requirements so that they fit into the story as you unlock different parts of it. I include how to access added scenes in the change logs and update release post, so you shouldn't have any troubles finding them. :)

Reactions: Knight2416
5.00 star(s) 3 Votes