Mod Ren'Py The Tyrant: S A Z Mod [Update 0.9.4b Official][Mod][S A Z]

4.90 star(s) 50 Votes

Knight2416

Jul 16, 2017
0.9 Mod Progress Update:
I've downloaded the 0.9 game version and I've started my process for updating the mod. Here is the first progress update towards that goal. :p Wish me luck!
  • Play through new content (to get an idea of what Saddog was originally going for) - In Progress
  • Go through new code and assets - Not Started
  • Convert new code to mod format - Not Started
  • Convert new scenes to mod versions - Not Started
  • Create Twisted versions for Love/Corruption scenes - Not Started
  • Convert NTR scenes to full Darker Path versions - Not Started
  • Add in any new personally created content - Not Started
  • Playtest Mod - Not Started
  • Release - Not Yet
You need me for testing flick me a message.

If I may respectfully ask a question of S A Z, whose mod we all love and adore, when you go through the new code and assets phase, do you run UnRen and use a Diff tool? (Such as diff_match_patch, kdiff3, or Beyond Compare?)

This might be a fast way to get a good overview of parts 1-3, as what Saddog implements might be a bit difficult to unlock, whether via bugs or lack of compatibility with previous versions.

That said, you should definitely play through the new content manually. As the fappables are probably what will trigger that sinister muse, making the twisted love/corruption, ntr and darker path scenes that you write oh so much more delectable.
S A Z has whole blocks of code rewritten as the dev's code was a little error happy, however that is a good idea for a start point.

Knight2416

Jul 16, 2017
Before you post about Mod errors check the OP

Before you download anything, be aware the mod has not been updated for the current version of the game (0.9)
There will be errors if you choose install the 0.8.5 version of the mod onto the 0.9 version of the game.
An update to the mod in currently in progress.

So Load the mod on version 0.9 and you can expect things to break - also the more times you make S A Z explain this to you the more time you wasted when he could have been working on the mod.
Remember SAZ answers most peoples questions so only ask important things, so he can focus on the BEST MOD EVER.

Throwaway7777

Mar 7, 2018
There should be no interaction between the two so long as they are separate installs, meaning the main game folders are separate from each other.

The mod installation is non-intrusive. It doesn't overwrite or modify any game files to work. If you want to remove the mod all you have to do is delete or remove the 'SAZMOD' folder from the 'game' folder and you're back to vanilla.

As for holding hands in the morning, that is actually part of the vanilla game as an option.
Then the bugs I'm encountering are vanilla. The clothes options are bugged as shit, and I even had an error where the mother character simply has error text over her model lol.

Has the latest patch been buggy for you?

Dalonbrent

Jan 21, 2020
Then the bugs I'm encountering are vanilla. The clothes options are bugged as shit, and I even had an error where the mother character simply has error text over her model lol.

Are you using saz mod on updated version 9 if so read before download on first page ..hope this helps

D

Deleted member 758270

I will wait for the release of S A Z mod, as the game is perfect, however with S A Z Mod... there are no words to describe how brilliant how grand the game becomes. Take as much time as you need S A Z, if you take a month and saddo releases an update i will still wait for your update to 0.9/0.9.x/1.0 before i even think of playing 0.9/0.9.x or 1.0.
The original game is as I say perfect, but there is just something about the Mod that makes it better. So to all who whine like grannies with pissed in panties i say, WAIT FOR THE MOD TO BE UPDATED. :)

S A Z

Modder
Jun 29, 2017
If I may respectfully ask a question of S A Z, whose mod we all love and adore, when you go through the new code and assets phase, do you run UnRen and use a Diff tool? (Such as diff_match_patch, kdiff3, or Beyond Compare?)

This might be a fast way to get a good overview of parts 1-3, as what Saddog implements might be a bit difficult to unlock, whether via bugs or lack of compatibility with previous versions.

That said, you should definitely play through the new content manually. As the fappables are probably what will trigger that sinister muse, making the twisted love/corruption, ntr and darker path scenes that you write oh so much more delectable.
Yeah I definitely use those tools. :) I hope people don't mind, I've gone over the process I use before, but that's a lot of thread to sift through, so I'll go over it a bit again just in case people are interested.

I download a fresh copy of the new update and then unzip two copies of it, one I leave in .rpa format as it comes and the other I unpack with UnRen. I'll use the unpacked version to check asset names and decompile the .rpyc files into .rpy files so I can use my IDE or code editor for coding and diff analysis. (Right now I'm favoring Visual Studio Code but I switch between a couple others depending on the tool or plugin I want to use).

I'll use both the original version and the unpacked version to test the mod in and see how it behaves when the files are packed vs unpacked.

I'll follow the errors posted on the main page as well for the original game so I can hopefully fix those issues in my first release of my mod too.

I'll all be looking for ways to reduce and improve the coding as I go. Not to mention all the additions in my mod to the alternate paths and scene versions. It can get quite intensive.

I'm also very familiar with Saddogs coding at this point. I've gone through it completely multiple times for the mod so it's usually not too bad finding my way around. On occasion Saddog does reorganize the file structure or rename assets completely which can be a pain.

After I've compared the 0.9 .rpa files to the 0.8.5 files I can focus on updating the differences for the mod first and then work on writing the new material.

And you're absolutely right, using a Diff tool is essential in saving time in the process! :) I didn't use one for the first few interations of the mod and the difference is night and day.

Sorry for the longer than expect reply, but thank you for the kind words!

S A Z

Modder
Jun 29, 2017

It has for my play-through so far too. :/ There were a few issues fixed from before, but quite a few more added in this version that I'm running into as well. I'm documenting them as I play so that I can fix them in the mod as I go.

DaddyGrond

Oct 4, 2018
I am here just to say thanks to SAZ, i tried the mod, it has so much more story and shit happening than the original. Loved it really. It has one error that i saw playing and that was givinig me an error at the dinner table where i cant talk to all 3 of them or give them gifts. Everything else, perfect. Hope for more gangbangs, rapes and blacks on whites shit context.

As a male fapper and proud citizen of the fapping industry i say thank you for your good work. I hope you keep it up for long time, even after the original finishes.

S A Z

Modder
Jun 29, 2017
I am here just to say thanks to SAZ, i tried the mod, it has so much more story and shit happening than the original. Loved it really. It has one error that i saw playing and that was givinig me an error at the dinner table where i cant talk to all 3 of them or give them gifts. Everything else, perfect. Hope for more gangbangs, rapes and blacks on whites shit context.

As a male fapper and proud citizen of the fapping industry i say thank you for your good work. I hope you keep it up for long time, even after the original finishes.
Thanks for the kind words. That error at the dining table occurs when you are playing the game with the 0.9 version of the game, the newest update, with the last update for the mod, the 0.8.5 mod update. I haven't finished the 0.9 mod update yet. Just getting started on the update actually. But I post progress updates here as I go so people know where I'm at with that.

Until then for the best results playing with the 0.8.5 version of the game and the 0.8.5 of the mod will yield the best results. :)

S A Z

Modder
Jun 29, 2017
0.9 Mod Progress Update:
I've started going through the code and converting over certain parts. Still playing through the original game as well trying different paths to find bugs and issues so I can fix them in the mod as I go.
  • Play through new content (to get an idea of what Saddog was originally going for) - In Progress
  • Go through new code and assets - In Progress
  • Convert new code to mod format - In Progress
  • Convert new scenes to mod versions - Not Started
  • Create Twisted versions for Love/Corruption scenes - Not Started
  • Convert NTR scenes to full Darker Path versions - Not Started
  • Add in any new personally created content - Not Started
  • Playtest Mod - Not Started
  • Release - Not Yet

Bull-dog

Oct 12, 2018
Bonjour, premières félicitations pour ce jeu. Je ne sais pas si c'est un bug ou un lien vers la sauvegarde que j'utilise mais le père se suicide et apparaît plus tard dans la maison. Si quelqu'un a eu ça.

4.90 star(s) 50 Votes