Mod Ren'Py The Tyrant: S A Z Mod [Update 0.9.4b Official][Mod][S A Z]

4.90 star(s) 50 Votes

S A Z

Modder
Jun 29, 2017
When installing the animation pack do we overwrite the folder already in there?
So, it looks like when I uploaded the beta version i accidentally did so with the animation pack already installed. Oops. So if this is something you wanted all you need to do is turn it on in the cheat menu in the MC's phone. When I re-upload the 0.9.1 version of the mod with the Hot Fixes applied, once it's out of beta, I will do so without the animations pack pre-installed.

EDIT: I'll make a note in the OP for now so people know the animations pack is already in the beta version by accident.

Reactions: Lady Aspen
D

Deleted member 1312725

Hah. I too have compiled a fixed up dialogue file (for one playthrough at least), though perhaps I shouldn't have bothered.
Edits are purely grammar/readability/spelling, except in about 3 cases where the sentence structure just didn't make sense.
I won't bother with keeping records for my next playthrough.

There were a few cases there where the character is incorrect (so from wrong point of view), or where a character talks about the wrong character within a sentence.

[Edit:] I dumped the dialogue, and added another column with corrected dialogue, and included the escape characters. There are also line number/file references, so it should be quite straightforward to use if you want to.

Last edited by a moderator:

S A Z

Modder
Jun 29, 2017
Hey S A Z, I've gone through your mod and cleaned up the text a bit. I fixed typos, grammar, punctuation and stuff like that and in some cases I changed the wording a little bit but I didn't change anything content-wise.

It's only the home/basement.rpy script so far but if you want to integrate my changes I could go through the other files as well if you like.

By the way, my IDE had to work quite hard to process such a huge file. I would suggest to create a home/basement folder and split the file into smaller chunks for the separate scenes.
Hah. I too have compiled a fixed up dialogue file (for one playthrough at least), though perhaps I shouldn't have bothered.
Edits are purely grammar/readability/spelling, except in about 3 cases where the sentence structure just didn't make sense.
I won't bother with keeping records for my next playthrough.

There were a few cases there where the character is incorrect (so from wrong point of view), or where a character talks about the wrong character within a sentence.

[Edit:] I dumped the dialogue, and added another column with corrected dialogue, and included the escape characters. There are also line number/file references, so it should be quite straightforward to use if you want to.
Thank you for sharing this. I'll look over these edits as well!

I do hope I didn't give the impression that I wasn't grateful for people willing to share their ideas and works towards making the mod better. It really is quite the opposite. I very much appreciate the support people are willing to give to the mod. :D

Error fixes are generally quick and easy to apply so putting out a hot fix can happen right away. But with something like a comprehensive dialogue review for a large section of gameplay, that takes a long time to review and possibly rework a bit to fit with the rest of my tone of work if needed, so it's not something that I can put out in a quick hot fix sadly.

Even though I'm working on rewrites myself, those won't be released until after the final release of the main game and I've been able to rework the coding. So that's a long way off. In the meantime I do think it would be good to go over the edits provided to me and work in as much as I can now so the mod can enjoy the benefits of some cleaned up dialogue now as well.

I will likely make some edits to the edits as I still want to make sure things fit in with overall tone. So it may take a while, but when it's done I'll release a patch to the stable release version later on with the updated dialogue.

I just don't want to make anyone waiting for the stable release wait any longer than they have to for that because of dialogue reviews. :)

Thanks again!

S A Z

Modder
Jun 29, 2017
Sorry? I can get the second event in the basement with Nicole, I am in the dark path mode. Can someboydy help me? Thanks!!

Great mod, I love it!
So one thing players often do is keep trying to drug her. You need to choose not to drug her and there will be an Corruption option available where she will dress up in different outfits for the MC.

Another issue with the core game mechanics is that certain points in the game can't progress without leaving the NTR routes for a little while.

Certain events require a Love or Corruption route choice and not the NTR scene to progress. I haven't changed these scenes because I'm keeping much of the core game scene requirements the same as the original so the mod isn't wildly different when people are trying to figure out how to progress. But that means, like in the original game, there isn't a completely NTR path through the game. It needs to be paired with either the Love or Corruption paths at some Events.

It's something I plan on changing after the final version of the game comes out and I don't have to worry about new content changes and I can modify the code and structure of the game more freely. But that's probably a good ways off still.

So you will also need to make sure you're doing the 10pm Living Room Scene with Nicole with either the Love or Corruption option and Relationship points above 5 and Force Darker Paths turned Off for her. Then ask her or make her stay home. Then at 11pm she will be home and in the Living Room and as long as you're a gangmember and have high enough Love or Corruption points you can go into the basement with her.

D

Deleted member 1312725

Thank you for sharing this. I'll look over these edits as well!
[snip]

Thanks again!
Glad to hear it!

There is one edit that I'd make which doesn't seem to be game-breaking, but thought I'd mention anyway:
In v075.rpy, line 2954, there's dialogue with a '%' symbol in it that doesn't seem to be properly escaped, so the text comes out rather oddly. I'm not sure if you've caught it in a later hotfix - most of my playthrough was done with v5.

S A Z

Modder
Jun 29, 2017
Glad to hear it!

There is one edit that I'd make which doesn't seem to be game-breaking, but thought I'd mention anyway:
In v075.rpy, line 2954, there's dialogue with a '%' symbol in it that doesn't seem to be properly escaped, so the text comes out rather oddly. I'm not sure if you've caught it in a later hotfix - most of my playthrough was done with v5.
Thanks! :) That particular one was caught in a later hot fix but it doesn't hurt to double check so thanks again for letting me know.

S A Z

Modder
Jun 29, 2017
Can someone help me check out my save i cant access nicole and cas 2nd weekend date scene View attachment 731209 View attachment 731209 pls
I would be happy to look at this as soon as I'm back from work to today. I'll post again when I find out more about the issue.
Ok, I have had some time to look at the save and here is what I found at this particular save point.
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

S A Z

Modder
Jun 29, 2017
----- 0.9.1 Mod Official Release -----
I think we're at a good point now to release the "Official" version of the 0.9.1 version of the mod, pulling it out of the "Beta" version.
  • I'm uploading the updated version of the 0.9.1 mod now and will update the OP with a new download link. It will have all the Hot Fixes applied and I have removed the spot1000 animations folder so that users have the option to download that separately or not again.
  • I've also created a new zip file as a sort of patch so those that have already downloaded the Beta can apply it like a hot fix and upgrade the Beta to the Official version. I'll attach that file here and post it in the OP as well.
  • There has been some minor code fixes for this release as well.
*Installation instructions in the zip file.

moonbaby

Jan 20, 2018
ok im confused. i keep trying to kill davide but keeps failing. i did it once without saz mod but cant find a way around it.

using The Tyrant 0.9.1 SazMod Beta with The Tyrant [v0.9.1].

D Dog

Jul 31, 2018
ok im confused. i keep trying to kill davide but keeps failing. i did it once without saz mod but cant find a way around it.

using The Tyrant 0.9.1 SazMod Beta with The Tyrant [v0.9.1].
If you try and kill Davide on the NTR path it will fail. If you are trying to do it on Love or corruption make sure your relationship points are above 5.

Reactions: S A Z

gyypsy

Feb 4, 2018
hmmm.. whats the difference between the original mode and saz mod? saz mod have additional pics created by the modder?
:unsure:

4.90 star(s) 50 Votes