Mod Ren'Py The Tyrant: S A Z Mod [Update 0.9.4b Official][Mod][S A Z]

4.90 star(s) 50 Votes

S A Z

Modder
Jun 29, 2017
do you think you gonna use the specials renders for your mod ??
I've answered this before in the thread, but I do want to eventually find a way to incorporate the special render in the game somehow. :) There are a few considerations that need to be taken into account. There are only a couple images in each sequence, so they would need to be short scenes. There is a watermark on each image so they would need to be prepared first (not a big deal, but still something to be taken into account). And of course, time, so it would be a while before they were added.

Reactions: Knight2416

S A Z

Modder
Jun 29, 2017
it be nice for him to get a team that helps mod so it doesnt take so long
Thats a good idea, not sure but I think LadyAspen does help SAZ???? Correct me if I am wrong pls. But also who ever helps must be happy to help without pay as SAZ does not charge for the mod
But if SAZ is happy to get the help please peps if you know how to code Ren'Py then pls let SAZ know and see if you can help with code or testing or what ever he asks for help with.
Note that if you mess up with the mod I will find you, and I will make you feel the pain of 1000 dicks in your ass :mad: :)
everyone can WRITE what he think's....It is not your Job to answer uncomfortable Questions !!!!

....let SAZ answer He is a BIG BOY, I'm sure he can Speak for himself...

We have all been waiting for this Mod for Months ( WE ALL LOVE this Mod and SAZ that it does everything for Free yes...)
I'm sorry to cause you all any trouble here. I understand the desire to have the update as soon as possible and I appreciate it when people are helpful and try to answer questions on the thread for others. I have answered the idea of building a team for the mod's main development before in the thread earlier, but that was a while ago so it bears going over my perspective again.

Collaborating with a team has it's own challenges and time sinks. And while it can, if used effectively, decrease production time. It can also increase the amount time needed to complete a project depending on how it is used. Training new members and getting them to write like you do, to think like you do when coding, and then getting yourself to do the same as them so that you can work seamlessly together takes time. And certain tasks can't be shared. And those that can aren't actually what takes me the longest time anyway.

The basic coding is generally a simple process and I often improve upon Saddog's coding as I process through the mod. Then there is the benefit that I don't have to storyboard my changes or create a detailed layout for my team as I go, which would take more time as I do it on my own. I just need to take my own notes, which I don't have to spend time to clarify or coordinate other's schedules with to make sure they've made it to a certain point so others can continue with their work. Now granted, this particular issue would be more pressing when I had more time to work on the mod and I was moving forward at a much faster pace.

The main issues right now is time. Before in the mod's life-cycle I had hours each day to work on the mod so I could bust out an update much much faster. Right now, in addition to my work and personal obligations which had reduced time to work on the mod to a few hours a week at best, the pandemic and my new responsibilities with that have reduced that even further. Some weeks I have had no time to work on the mod at all. This isn't complaining mind you. It is what it is, and others have had a very difficult time during this crisis so I'm grateful I have my health and I'm grateful I have my hobby, working on the mod. Which is the other part of this. I do this for fun. As a way to relax and let some frustration and stress out from my life and I create something interesting and fun for myself and hopefully others will enjoy it as well.

But this is just as much for me as it is for you all. So I'm not looking to just push out a mod as fast as I can and just be done with it. I enjoy the process and I want to work on it and be creative with it. With the coding, with the writing (my favorite part, which can be challenging because I try to keep The Tyrant feel and work with those constraints but also bring something new to the mod), with the renders I make myself when I can, and with creating new scenes from the amazing Fan-Art on the forum (which is a fun exercise in it's own right). So you see that's not something I can easily just pass on to someone else to do, or would even want to. And if I did, then the mod would become something else, it would feel different because it would be created differently. Which wouldn't necessarily be bad or good, just different. But it wouldn't be the SAZ MOD then, It would be something else.

So in short, for right now I don't plan on building a team for the main development for the mod at this time. I know there are pros and cons to that decision and varied opinions of course, but I hope you will respect my wishes in that regard. That being said. I do have collaborators and contributors that have helped me greatly with the mod that I would feel horrible not mentioning right now.

Lady Aspen has been working on her own version of a remix of sorts of the SAZ MOD that has full animations and a number of other features such as story changes and expansions of her own. I believe her plan is to release this after the full release of the game and the corresponding mod version, so more on this later from her when she's ready to reveal more. But she's also contributed a ton to the thread by sharing links to downloads for the main game when needed and helping to answer questions.

spot1000 provided me with some great animations for my first animation pack that I added to the game and I'm grateful for the generosity spot1000 has shown the mod by sharing them with us.

Knight2416 is basically my testing team. When I use testers for an update for the mod, Knight2416 is who I reach out to, as well as a select group of people I know IRL. He's also helped out a ton on the thread with answering questions when he can and helping out in general and is much appreciated.

I'd also like to thank the talented Fan-Art creators whose art I've used in the mod. Some have given me direct permission but asked not to be named and others I haven't reached out to directly, so thanks for being cool about it anyway!

I do have an update on the mod's progress for you all as well, so I'll write that up after this.

Last edited:

S A Z

Modder
Jun 29, 2017
Update on the 0.9.1 Mod's Progress
  • Play through new content - Completed
  • Go through new code and assets - Completed
  • Convert new code to mod format - Completed
  • Convert new scenes to mod versions - Completed
  • Create Twisted versions for Love/Corruption scenes - In Progress
  • Convert NTR scenes to full Darker Path versions - In Progress
  • Add in any new personally created or Fan-Art content - In Progress
  • Playtest Mod - Not Started
  • Release - Not Yet
I've finished with the new file conversions and I'm now just have the new scenes with alternate version routes and darker paths and the Fan-Art scene(s). These are the biggest scenes, but it's getting into the home stretch. I'm not making time estimates, because we all know how that goes, but I am getting closer.

Also Saddog did make a post on Patreon today saying there may be an update released next week. If that is the case, I will not be starting over to include that update with this one. I will finish this one and then move on to that one right after. That way you'll have something to play sooner. I don't want to make anyone wait again like with the 0.9.0 to 0.9.1 release situation. So we'll see what happens with that.

I have been getting very luck with time recently as you have been seeing more updates to the mod's progress (even if they are not huge updates), so hopefully that will continue not just for the progress for the mod, but for my personal sanity as well. :p I hope you all are well and being safe out there! (OP to be updated as well)

S A Z

Modder
Jun 29, 2017
Patreon Post by Saddog - Some News said:
091.png
Hello everyone,

long time no see :(.
This as a short update, that I‘m still alive and working on the game, repairing the mess it became. So the next update will be a bigger one and the release will be somewhere next week. I need to test it very much now.
Also you can see some changes on the patreon site, I got another review from the patreon Trust & Safety Team (which will also affect some planned content).
More about this and the game content in a longer post tomorrow/on Sunday.

D

Deleted member 758270

it be nice for him to get a team that helps mod so it doesnt take so long
Thats a good idea, not sure but I think LadyAspen does help SAZ???? Correct me if I am wrong pls. But also who ever helps must be happy to help without pay as SAZ does not charge for the mod
But if SAZ is happy to get the help please peps if you know how to code Ren'Py then pls let SAZ know and see if you can help with code or testing or what ever he asks for help with.
Note that if you mess up with the mod I will find you, and I will make you feel the pain of 1000 dicks in your ass :mad: :)
everyone can WRITE what he think's....It is not your Job to answer uncomfortable Questions !!!!

....let SAZ answer He is a BIG BOY, I'm sure he can Speak for himself...

We have all been waiting for this Mod for Months ( WE ALL LOVE this Mod and SAZ that it does everything for Free yes...)
Dude if you read what I say its the same as what you said IF, repeat IF, Saz is happy with the help then he can tell the people what to do I never spoke on SAZ' behalf I said BUT IF SAZ
I have been waiting just as patiently as you. I only agreed that if a team helped him it would be quicker and he would not have to worry to much on ETA's and we wouldnt get snippy with each other like we are now because of stress and the current situation so chill dude breath, I know SAZ is a big boy it just my opinion this is a free planet we can have our own opinions.

D

Deleted member 758270

I'm sorry to cause you all any trouble here. I understand the desire to have the update as soon as possible and I appreciate it when people are helpful and try to answer questions on the thread for others. I have answered the idea of building a team for the mod's main development before in the thread earlier, but that was a while ago so it bears going over my perspective again.

Collaborating with a team has it's own challenges and time sinks. And while it can, if used effectively, decrease production time. It can also increase the amount time needed to complete a project depending on how it is used. Training new members and getting them to write like you do, to think like you do when coding, and then getting yourself to do the same as them so that you can work seamlessly together takes time. And certain tasks can't be shared. And those that can aren't actually what takes me the longest time anyway.

The basic coding is generally a simple process and I often improve upon Saddog's coding as I process through the mod. Then there is the benefit that I don't have to storyboard my changes or create a detailed layout for my team as I go, which would take more time as I do it on my own. I just need to take my own notes, which I don't have to spend time to clarify or coordinate other's schedules with to make sure they've made it to a certain point so others can continue with their work. Now granted, this particular issue would be more pressing when I had more time to work on the mod and I was moving forward at a much faster pace.

The main issues right now is time. Before in the mod's life-cycle I had hours each day to work on the mod so I could bust out an update much much faster. Right now, in addition to my work and personal obligations which had reduced time to work on the mod to a few hours a week at best, the pandemic and my new responsibilities with that have reduced that even further. Some weeks I have had no time to work on the mod at all. This isn't complaining mind you. It is what it is, and others have had a very difficult time during this crisis so I'm grateful I have my health and I'm grateful I have my hobby, working on the mod. Which is the other part of this. I do this for fun. As a way to relax and let some frustration and stress out from my life and I create something interesting and fun for myself and hopefully others will enjoy it as well.

But this is just as much for me as it is for you all. So I'm not looking to just push out a mod as fast as I can and just be done with it. I enjoy the process and I want to work on it and be creative with it. With the coding, with the writing (my favorite part, which can be challenging because I try to keep The Tyrant feel and work with those constraints but also bring something new to the mod), with the renders I make myself when I can, and with creating new scenes from the amazing Fan-Art on the forum (which is a fun exercise in it's own right). So you see that's not something I can easily just pass on to someone else to do, or would even want to. And if I did, then the mod would become something else, it would feel different because it would be created differently. Which wouldn't necessarily be bad or good, just different. But it wouldn't be the SAZ MOD then, It would be something else.

So in short, for right now I don't plan on building a team for the main development for the mod at this time. I know there are pros and cons to that decision and varied opinions of course, but I hope you will respect my wishes in that regard. That being said. I do have collaborators and contributors that have helped me greatly with the mod that I would feel horrible not mentioning right now.

Lady Aspen has been working on her own version of a remix of sorts of the SAZ MOD that has full animations and a number of other features such as story changes and expansions of her own. I believe her plan is to release this after the full release of the game and the corresponding mod version, so more on this later from her when she's ready to reveal more. But she's also contributed a ton to the thread by sharing links to downloads for the main game when needed and helping to answer questions.

spot1000 provided me with some great animations for my first animation pack that I added to the game and I'm grateful for the generosity spot1000 has shown the mod by sharing them with us.

Knight2416 is basically my testing team. When I use testers for an update for the mod, Knight2416 is who I reach out to, as well as a select group of people I know IRL. He's also helped out a ton on the thread with answering questions when he can and helping out in general and is much appreciated.

I'd also like to thank the talented Fan-Art creators whose art I've used in the mod. Some have given me direct permission but asked not to be named and others I haven't reached out to directly, so thanks for being cool about it anyway!

I do have an update on the mod's progress for you all as well, so I'll write that up after this.
SAZ take your time, I'm not much of a coder so I didn't think on there being problems like that but if you look at it I should have, you need to work as a unit basically.
I will wait patiently as I have been and wont say a word after

HaomaruX

Jul 10, 2017
Update on the 0.9.1 Mod's Progress
  • Play through new content - Completed
  • Go through new code and assets - Completed
  • Convert new code to mod format - Completed
  • Convert new scenes to mod versions - Completed
  • Create Twisted versions for Love/Corruption scenes - In Progress
  • Convert NTR scenes to full Darker Path versions - In Progress
  • Add in any new personally created or Fan-Art content - In Progress
  • Playtest Mod - Not Started
  • Release - Not Yet
I've finished with the new file conversions and I'm now just have the new scenes with alternate version routes and darker paths and the Fan-Art scene(s). These are the biggest scenes, but it's getting into the home stretch. I'm not making time estimates, because we all know how that goes, but I am getting closer.

Also Saddog did make a post on Patreon today saying there may be an update released next week. If that is the case, I will not be starting over to include that update with this one. I will finish this one and then move on to that one right after. That way you'll have something to play sooner. I don't want to make anyone wait again like with the 0.9.0 to 0.9.1 release situation. So we'll see what happens with that.

I have been getting very luck with time recently as you have been seeing more updates to the mod's progress (even if they are not huge updates), so hopefully that will continue not just for the progress for the mod, but for my personal sanity as well. :p I hope you all are well and being safe out there! (OP to be updated as well)
All Hail S A Z !

S A Z

Modder
Jun 29, 2017
SAZ take your time, I'm not much of a coder so I didn't think on there being problems like that but if you look at it I should have, you need to work as a unit basically.
I will wait patiently as I have been and wont say a word after
It's all good. I wasn't upset or anything. I'm glad you're enthusiastic about the mod. So please don't feel like you can't share your opinions or suggestions. :) I appreciate the input.

Pmktrn17

Aug 8, 2019
SAZ as always thanx for the update.

Now for the rest of you i suggest you d/l the current version now so when SAZ releases the mod you wont have a problem using it when/if Sadddog updates to another version.

Knight2416

Jul 16, 2017
@Knight2416 is basically my testing team. When I use testers for an update for the mod, Knight2416 is who I reach out to, as well as a select group of people I know IRL. He's also helped out a ton on the thread with answering questions when he can and helping out in general and is much appreciated.
First thanks you that S A Z aka the awesome one.
Secondly if anyone has questions please ask people on the Thread (tag me and I normally reply daily), before you tag SAZ as he does try to answer everyone and that takes time from the mod dev.

Until Saz is made rule or the universe (Tyrant one at least) laters sazites.

gfot

Jun 14, 2019
I've been following several forums of games and mods on this site, and I've got to say SAZ really stands out for his quick responses, friendly attitude and patience. And the mod is absolutely awesome. And those two may not be unrelated, usually positive, happy people are also more productive. As a result, I for one would be happy to wait longer so that SAZ can work on the mod when he really wants to and so that the mod remains a labor of love and doesn't become a chore.

Deleted member 316652

Dec 3, 2017
I've been following several forums of games and mods on this site, and I've got to say SAZ really stands out for his quick responses, friendly attitude and patience. And the mod is absolutely awesome. And those two may not be unrelated, usually positive, happy people are also more productive. As a result, I for one would be happy to wait longer so that SAZ can work on the mod when he really wants to and so that the mod remains a labor of love and doesn't become a chore.
In short SAZ is the best :love:

May 14, 2017
S A Z do you not have a Patreon page, I know you make this mode for free but It be good to supporter you your mod is better than the original game and it only took me till today to notice on page one " Game/Creator: sadddoggames - | " is not actually ur page so and I have been supporting it as patreon for last 4 or 5 month, it be good if you have one to support ur good work.

Reactions: S A Z and Sierra025

ramirovarela

Aug 5, 2016
S A Z do you not have a Patreon page, I know you make this mode for free but It be good to supporter you your mod is better than the original game and it only took me till today to notice on page one " Game/Creator: sadddoggames - | " is not actually ur page so and I have been supporting it as patreon for last 4 or 5 month, it be good if you have one to support ur good work.
SAZ has been adamant in his negative to the patreon idea, and he has some points. But I also believe that he deserve financial support for his work. The only reason I don't insist in this subject is the fact that I'm broke AF, so I just :censored:

dark1

Mar 5, 2017
SAZ has been adamant in his negative to the patreon idea, and he has some points. But I also believe that he deserve financial support for his work. The only reason I don't insist in this subject is the fact that I'm broke AF, so I just :censored:
Same here, I'd love to support a lot of people via patreon

Reactions: S A Z

Ginji

Lightning Emperor
Donor
May 14, 2017
these are the latest reward images if you can use any of them

saddog may be releasing update this weekend;)(y)

bigguy_foryou

Jun 8, 2018
He probably doesn't want to take any money because then he'll feel like he has to deliver on a schedule that doesn't suit him, and that people might feel entitled to complain about the quality of his work. Not a good move to put yourself in that position.

ramirovarela

Aug 5, 2016
He probably doesn't want to take any money because then he'll feel like he has to deliver on a schedule that doesn't suit him, and that people might feel entitled to complain about the quality of his work. Not a good move to put yourself in that position.
I will argue that already some people feel entitled to complain about his work, in quality and time. And, tbh, is extremely annoying when people complains about his work (or any other modders) like spoiled children. But I understand the pressure that a patreon or SubscribeStar could be.
It's just that it feels wrong that he works his ass for free for us :(

4.90 star(s) 50 Votes