WildBillKatt

Oct 4, 2018
He completed a VN first. Then thought about and started this game. This is his first sandbox. Not bad for a first attempt. 761 pages later and we are still entertained by it.
This is about as good as a sandbox gets, because you don't have stat grinding or impossible triggers.

crugh2112

Oct 9, 2017
This is about as good as a sandbox gets, because you don't have stat grinding or impossible triggers.
Agreed. I used to be a patron of his, but as he became less able to provide consistent updates, I had to pull my funds. Hopefully he will return to finish up this affair. If he decides on a third game, I bet it will be even better. Create and learn.

crugh2112

Oct 9, 2017
Except that most people aren't willing to switch plattforms to support creators, this and some other things (which you can find somewhere here in the forum) are the reasons why most of them stay on patreon.
I bailed on Patreon and went over to SS. Just waiting for some of the devs that I supported here to show up there.

Thermophob

Apr 10, 2018
Patreon is such a pain in the ass for NSFW creators
I don't think Patreon is problem here. First, as far as I rememeber, MrDots was releasing his incest game at his site, and was developing Melody using Patreon. They never bothered him. As far as incest patches at F95.. lol, if they know for f95 they couldn't miss hundreds of other games with patches...
Bottom line, I believe saddoggames have creative crisis, and he also doesn't know how to introduce many complex features. It would require somebody who is more proficient with Python and can code custom solutions instead using those shipped with Renpy...
If Patreon did contact him, it was mostly due his February post where he was talking about incest...
Bottom line, maybe he could hire some coder who will fix dead ends of game, introduce planned stuff... and Saddog will have more time to focus on rendering. If Patreon really insist him to abandon The Tyrant, it's not hard to release this game elsewhere, and start working on another.

S A Z

Modder
Jun 29, 2017
I don't think Patreon is problem here. First, as far as I rememeber, MrDots was releasing his incest game at his site, and was developing Melody using Patreon. They never bothered him. As far as incest patches at F95.. lol, if they know for f95 they couldn't miss hundreds of other games with patches...
Bottom line, I believe saddoggames have creative crisis, and he also doesn't know how to introduce many complex features. It would require somebody who is more proficient with Python and can code custom solutions instead using those shipped with Renpy...
If Patreon did contact him, it was mostly due his February post where he was talking about incest...
Bottom line, maybe he could hire some coder who will fix dead ends of game, introduce planned stuff... and Saddog will have more time to focus on rendering. If Patreon really insist him to abandon The Tyrant, it's not hard to release this game elsewhere, and start working on another.
Actually, Pareon caused lots of issues for Mr. Dots as well, it's pretty much the reason that we have Melody. This is a quote from his blog on January 28th 2018.

"Patreon has practically forced us to create another game in order to keep the page alive, so we can’t offer DMD there anymore. It was either that or seeing our account getting banned."

This was because of the incest content in his game DMD. As to why they seem to be selective as to when they strike out against different creators, I have no idea why that is.

Edit: I should note, I'm not trying to defend the other criticisms you had here as I agree with them. I just think Patreon can be a real problem for creators as well. :(

Last edited:

Thermophob

Apr 10, 2018
Actually, Pareon caused lots of issues for Mr. Dots as well, it's pretty much the reason that we have Melody. This is a quote from his blog on January 28th 2018.

"Patreon has practically forced us to create another game in order to keep the page alive, so we can’t offer DMD there anymore. It was either that or seeing our account getting banned."

This was because of the incest content in his game DMD. As to why they seem to selective as to when they strike out against different creators, I have no idea why that is.
Sorry if I didn't make my point clear. This is the right context.
a) Saddoggames claims Patreon demands from him to remove My Legacy from his site, as such that game contains incest (In fact, incest is main theme), and he runs his site under Patreon name. Even if we know, My Legacy was developed at Patreon, back in the time when it was incest heaven.
b) MrDots had to remove DmD from Patreon, but he never had any problems with hosting that game at his site which he run under Patreon name.
So, I am not convinced that Patreon asked him to remove My Legacy from his site. Even if they did he could rebrand the site...But, nevermind.

Reactions: S A Z

S A Z

Modder
Jun 29, 2017
Sorry if I didn't make my point clear. This is the right context.
a) Saddoggames claims Patreon demands from him to remove My Legacy from his site, as such that game contains incest (In fact, incest is main theme), and he runs his site under Patreon name. Even if we know, My Legacy was developed at Patreon, back in the time when it was incest heaven.
b) MrDots had to remove DmD from Patreon, but he never had any problems with hosting that game at his site which he run under Patreon name.
So, I am not convinced that Patreon asked him to remove My Legacy from his site. Even if they did he could rebrand the site...But, nevermind.
I see. Yeah, without seeing the actual correspondence it's really hard to know how much of it them actually asking the creator to do something and how much of it is the creator deciding to do something extreme for some reason. Especially because as you have mentioned some creators seem to do well with keeping some sort of separate release system like Mr. Dots. Or I've seen some creators have to create to separate studios in essence to keep things happy with everyone and others that just drop the content all together, so there just doesn't seem to be a consistent measure we can use to judge it. Which is so annoying! But yeah I can see what you mean, it just feels extreme on Saddog's end of things.

Nickrivera

Jul 20, 2020
Hi, I am new to this community. Can someone help me find out more games on mom just like Milf in time and The tyrant. I really enjoyed playing these two games and looking for similar games where you can either control your moms mind or blackmail them. And please add the feature to change position in the game

Edelvays

Jan 3, 2018
But the incest isn't the only problem. They go through some serious arbitrations right now, cuz they delete some comedian from the platform whos political view they didn't like or smth like that, you can google it. And they, most likely, will lose the court and will be obligated to pay a huge chunk of money, like hundred of thousand dollars I believe, in fees. So that's one.
On top of that, there's some scary news from NSFW patreon-creators saying that their work on other sites being monitored by Patreon, and if the content on OTHER sites contradicting PATREON rules, Patreon demands the following creators to delete that content. So, basically, if you creating an adult game and using Patreon to fund it, all your other creations on OTHER NSFW sites, like HentaiFoundry or Pixiv for example, must follow the Patreon rules even if they have nothing to do with your Patreon content, so if you post some incest or non-consensual art on HentaiFoundry, patreon will actually check it and can demand you to delete it, or else you'll be suspended.

Reactions: Thermophob

Thermophob

Apr 10, 2018
But the incest isn't the only problem. They go through some serious arbitrations right now, cuz they delete some comedian from the platform whos political view they didn't like or smth like that, you can google it. And they, most likely, will lose the court and will be obligated to pay a huge chunk of money, like hundred of thousand dollars I believe, in fees. So that's one.
On top of that, there's some scary news from NSFW patreon-creators saying that their work on other sites being monitored by Patreon, and if the content on OTHER sites contradicting PATREON rules, Patreon demands the following creators to delete that content. So, basically, if you creating an adult game and using Patreon to fund it, all your other creations on OTHER NSFW sites, like HentaiFoundry or Pixiv for example, must follow the Patreon rules even if they have nothing to do with your Patreon content, so if you post some incest or non-consensual art on HentaiFoundry, patreon will actually check it and can demand you to delete it, or else you'll be suspended.
That's basically what Saddog claims. They contacted him about his previous game hosted at his site. He removed My Legacy from the site. You can check exact details here: https://f95zone.to/threads/the-tyrant-v0-9-1-saddoggames.6025/post-3674055

Patreon's policy might be unfair, they demand him to cut any mention of previous game, still that game was developed at Patreon... Double standards.... Bottom line is that they can demand whatever they want. It's their site, there is no negotiation in such cases. I have only suggested he can re-brand site, and offer that game, and possible extension to The Tyrant.
Anyway, we don't know why he didn't release Tyrant 9.5 Judging by his message, it was supposed to be full of content... Hope we will see it soon...

Last edited:
Reactions: D Dog and Edelvays

PinkGoddess

Apr 3, 2020
Hi, I am new to this community. Can someone help me find out more games on mom just like Milf in time and The tyrant. I really enjoyed playing these two games and looking for similar games where you can either control your moms mind or blackmail them. And please add the feature to change position in the game
Try dreams of desire. If u like incest tag (mom-son or dad-daughter) there are a lot of games with it so, u will be very happy here haha

Edelvays

Jan 3, 2018
That's basically what Saddog claims. They contacted him about his previous game hosted at his site. He removed My Legacy from the site. You can check exact details here: https://f95zone.to/threads/the-tyrant-v0-9-1-saddoggames.6025/post-3674055

Patreon's policy might be unfair, they demand him to cut any mention of previous game, still that game was developed at Patreon... Double standards.... Still bottom line is that they can demand whatever they want. It's their site, there is no negotiation in such cases. I have only suggested he can rebrand site, and offer that game, and possible extension to The Tyrant.
Still, we don't know why he didn't release Tyrant 9.5 Judging by his message, it was supposed to be full of content... Hope we will see it soon...
Oh, i see. I didn't really follow the game for the last couple of months.
"Still bottom line is that they can demand whatever they want. It's their site, there is no negotiation in such cases." I saw a lot of ppl saying that they actually can't legally do that, but I'm not 100% sure if that's true. There's a lot of info on twitter about all of that.
So yes, the platform essentially requests control, ownership, of all your content. And i think that one of the main problems here, is Paypal, they have a partnership with Patreon, yes Paypal is a really convenient tool, but their policy is very strict towards NSFW content they're not tolerating it at all, and that's influencing Patreon a lot imo, cos it's one their biggest partners and they don't wanna lose it so they trying to square peg in a square hole. More and more creators starting to using alternatives like subsciberstar, and it looks patreon repeating tumblr mistakes, and slowly killing itself.

Reactions: Thermophob
3.50 star(s) 118 Votes