The Use of Released Assets

Lunamaria

Jul 20, 2018
I was wondering, all the assets released on this site are okay to freely use in games, right? I don't have to give credit to specific people or anything? I don't know if some of the assets are paid content released for free or if creators get upset if their assets are used without their permission or anything. I just don't want a headache later on with content creators attacking me. I saw a thread from about 3 years ago that touched on the subject briefly but has anything changed sine then? That thread said that no creators have called out developers. Is it just a case of keep your mouth shut about whether or not you are using pirated material? One last question, is there a directory to see what assets characters from specific games use?

AnimeKing314

Giant Perv
Game Developer
Jun 28, 2018
By using any of them you are pirating them because if you search the asset on the daz store it's all paid content. If you just don't say that you've pirated them though no one is likely to even know and if you credit the original artist then I can't see them complaining because you aren't pretending that you created the asset yourself. I can't say with certainty that you won't get caught and it's definitely better to buy the assets if you can afford to both for legal and ethical reasons but it's up to you. For the last question, I don't know of any directory like that. You can probably just message the dev of the game though and ask them what asset they used.